Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I didnt say complaining, I said co-plaining...difference.

Well, to be honest...If his tinnitus were bad like me, I wouldn't care I'd just go for it. I had a spike and it was so loud that I went screw this, I want my life back!

Yes and I wouldn't have done it differently. Who is Moz?
He's a mod on the Yuku tinnitus forum....says he habituated to the most loudest, vile and disturbing tinnitus in just 3 months and that its all mind over matter, lose the fear, etc. Why then do we constantly see people who suffer for decades?

He's a mod on the Yuku tinnitus forum....says he habituated to the most loudest, vile and disturbing tinnitus in just 3 months and that its all mind over matter, lose the fear, etc. Why then do we constantly see people who suffer for decades?

That does sound like total tosh. I would be dead by now...Reactive tinnitus is far too much for me. Thank you keppra and thank you Dan for helping me.

You tried to swallow the habituation pill those Dr.Nagler and Moz and Oz Greg tried to sell you, but its all bullshit when it comes to catastrophic tinnitus, and you know it.

Do not get me wrong, but I believe Dr Nagler said his tinnitus is extremely loud and intrusive.

If you start TRT with the mindset that it is all bullshit anyway, it will not work. And than again, it does not work for everyone, just as Trobalt does not work for everyone.

I am not trying to take stands here, just saying.

Do not get me wrong, but I believe Dr Nagler said his tinnitus is extremely loud and intrusive.

If you start TRT with the mindset that it is all bullshit anyway, it will not work. And than again, it does not work for everyone, just as Trobalt does not work for everyone.

I am not trying to take stands here, just saying.

Personally, Dr. Nagler had said some stuff which I consider complete tosh and questionable. Trust me, he gets nasty if you discover something which will affect his business. A lot of people have had bad experiences from Dr. Nagler over promising and not delivering. He's been banned a few times because of it. Personally, I went down the drug route and it's work beyond what TRT could ever do.

Personally, Dr. Nagler had said some stuff which I consider complete tosh and questionable. Trust me, he gets nasty if you discover something which will affect his business. A lot of people have had bad experiences from Dr. Nagler over promising and not delivering. He's been banned a few times because of it. Personally, I went down the drug route and it's work beyond what TRT could ever do.

Everyone has to do what he feels will work best for him Danny, and I am glad that Trobalt works for you mate.

So you're gonna do TRT?

Yes, I allready did actually, got help from a clinical psychologist, for me personally it was a great help to cope.

But my T used to be quite loud and reactive when it started, but it is moderate to mild by now, maybe it is because habituation,or maybe it has actually lowered, I do not know, it is a very high frequency though and thus hard to mask.

Still get spikes now and than, but I am OK with it.

Yes, I allready did actually, got help from a clinical psychologist, for me personally it was a great help to cope.

But my T used to be quite loud and reactive when it started, but it is moderate to mild by now, maybe it is because habituation,or maybe it has actually lowered, I do not know, it is a very high frequency though and thus hard to mask.

Still get spikes now and than, but I am OK with it.

Glad it helped you. Sure you aren't working for Nagler lo?

Haha, not at all, I actually started it before coming on this forum.

I am not advocating TRT in anyway, as I said, everyone should do what he thinks will work best for him.

I totally understand why anyone will take Trobalt.

Fair enough lol...Just wait till Autifony's out, you'll be on that.

yes Danny boy
My friend returned from spain yesteday he brought me Trobalt I will start it monday
I want just to see if this drug really really help people with T.I have no intention taking it for long term.

yes Danny boy
My friend returned from spain yesteday he brought me Trobalt I will start it monday
I want just to see if this drug really really help people with T.I have no intention taking it for long term.

Just remember the dosage needs to be 400mg for tinnitus.

yes Danny boy

I wonder if Spain thinks it's odd that everyone suddenly wants epilepsy drugs?

I've been reading these forums for awhile now. I have really bad tinnitus, in both ears as a result of the antidepressant Cymbalta. I had a suicide attempt 3 weeks ago due to tinnitus and depression and ended up in a psychiatric hospital. i just couldn't take it anymore. Well they drugged me up on drugs including zoloft and ativan and my tinnitus has gotting even worse. I'm at my wits end.

I've gone to an ENT and my hearing is fine and he doesn't offer much support for Tinnitus. He offered to put me on Amitriptyline but I don't want to touch an antidepressant right now. I decided to email him today about Regtigabine (I'm in the united states) and hopefully he will be willing to prescribe it for me?

I'm scared to take it because of the bad side effects especially the retina changing color. Is there any evidence that this color change actually effects vision?

Because of the bad side effects I only want to take it for around 6 months to be on the safe side. Will the Tinnitus come back if it is cured?

Danny Boy you've been off Regtigbine for how long? Has the Tinnitus come back? What initially caused your Tinnitus?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now