Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

What kind of doctor prescribed it for you, ENT, Neurologist, Psychiatrist? Did insurance pay for it? If not how expensive is it? I'm in a fight with the insurance company to cover it for me.
im sorry but i cant say too much bro. but from what the pharmacy told us it is like $250- 300 but we only paid 75.00 we think he did something to lower it. no insurance.

Interesting to see your results...
honestly im not getting my hopes up on the decreased ringing as thats shit is just massive to the point my head is in pain all day, my head cant physically take these subwoofers any longer.. im hoping to see if it can do anything to my H and reactiveness as thats the key that keeps giving me permanent spikes.

honestly im not getting my hopes up on the decreased ringing as thats shit is just massive to the point my head is in pain all day, my head cant physically take these subwoofers any longer.. im hoping to see if it can do anything to my H and reactiveness as thats the key that keeps giving me permanent spikes.
Subwoofers? You have low rumble T?

im sorry but i cant say too much bro. but from what the pharmacy told us it is like $250- 300 but we only paid 75.00 we think he did something to lower it. no insurance.

It won't work for reactiveness you'd need to combine with keppra for that to work....It'll work on the amplification, but it will take a few months...And you will need to up the dosage to 300-400x3 a day to see results.

It won't work for reactiveness you'd need to combine with keppra for that to work....It'll work on the amplification, but it will take a few months...And you will need to up the dosage to 300-400x3 a day to see results.
Just want to add that during the little time I took it it had positive effect on my mild H too ... loud noises didn`t bother me anymore even the ones of plates in the kitchen ... now it is back as before ... anyway ... I have 2 prescription for 200mgx84 here and I have a source in spain that can send me more if I need to ... so from monday I will be back in the Trobalt sadle ... jippiekayee

It does not add up. That is probably with help from insurance since 100 tablets of 200 mg in the US go for approximately 1300 dollars...

It does not add up. That is probably with help from insurance since 100 tablets of 200 mg in the US go for approximately 1300 dollars...

Seriously! It's 140 pounds for a months supply of 400mgx84 tablets and that's private! You can get it for 10 pound if you've got a prescription though. Or it's free if you're on benefits. But seriously, I couldn't live in the US with that health service.

Seriously! It's 140 pounds for a months supply of 400mgx84 tablets and that's private! You can get it for 10 pound if you've got a prescription though. Or it's free if you're on benefits. But seriously, I couldn't live in the US with that health service.
yes that what they charge in cvs pharmacy for 100 tabs of 200 mg potiga if you don't have insurance and of course you need a prescription.

yes that what they charge in cvs pharmacy for 100 tabs of 200 mg potiga if you don't have insurance and of course you need a prescription.

Well, I couldn't get a prescription at all...The doctors said they didn't want to risk their medical licence.

Well, I couldn't get a prescription at all...The doctors said they didn't want to risk their medical licence.
Its regrettable but understandable with all the malpractice lawsuits that they have in the US (i dont know about England), not many primary caregivers or doctors will risk on a hunch. Although it has many side effects, if you do some pre test (ekg to detect if you have heart qt interval prolongation, liver and renal functional test) and follow up test while taking the drug you will probably be fine taking it for a short while.

Its regrettable but understandable with all the malpractice lawsuits that they have in the US (i dont know about England), not many primary caregivers or doctors will risk on a hunch. Although it has many side effects, if you do some pre test (ekg to detect if you have heart qt interval prolongation, liver and renal functional test) and follow up test while taking the drug you will probably be fine taking it for a short while.

He's very lucky! I wish I was so lucky.

Its regrettable but understandable with all the malpractice lawsuits that they have in the US (i dont know about England), not many primary caregivers or doctors will risk on a hunch.

Statistically speaking, there aren't that many med mal lawsuits in the U.S., and the greatest number of them are in OB/GYN, followed by general surgeons. When it comes to prescribing drugs off-label, generally speaking it's rare for patients to sue their physician; instead, they sue the drug manufacturer.

I have worked on transcripts for testimony in depositions and trials in countless lawsuits over the years, and I cannot remember one single case of a physician being sued for prescribing something off-label, or even when the drug is intended for the condition. I can remember many cases where something went wrong in the delivery room or operating room where the primary physician was sued, the attending, sometimes the nurses, the hospital, et cetera. I can also remember cases of medical product liability, such as hip replacements by Sulzer which proved to be defective. People are simply reluctant to sue somebody who is trying to help them.

Here's a link to a good breakdown of how uncommon it actually is for plaintiffs to prevail in med mal lawsuits. It's much harder than people think it is to convince a jury that a doctor is negligent in any respect as long as she or he is meeting the standard of care. http://www.medicalmalpractice.com/national-medical-malpractice-facts.cfm

Doctors are trained to be extremely conservative in their treatment of patients. That as much as anything else is why they are so reluctant to prescribe a drug that can possibly result in more harm than benefit.

I am sorry to say that if it is off label it will definetly take a lot of courage to prescribe a drug to a patient and hope that from the statistics they or a family member wont sue you when something goes wrong. think of it in terms of an individual doctor not in terms of statistics they simply would not risk it.

I am sorry to say that if it is off label it will definetly take a lot of courage to prescribe a drug to a patient and hope that from the statistics they or a family member wont sue you when something goes wrong. think of it in terms of an individual doctor not in terms of statistics they simply would not risk it.

Also trobalt is a black box drug...

no insurance.. its 50mg bottle of 180pills. not 200mg like u stated. and the pharmacy wouldnt order it for us until they spoke to the doctor..

where did u get the 1300 from?

someone else said they would charge him 1000 and got the prescription but wants his insurance to cover it..

i also want to state that since being on it for 2 days now i see just a slight reduction from H as in the amplification of sound about 10-15%.. the cars outside my house arent catching my attention as much.. im just on 100x3.. wonder if it can improve when i dose up..but not much on the T and reactiveness

Looks like a friend of a friend who is in Spain will go along with buying some Trobolt for me.
One Question: Can one divide the pill in two? If so Ill get him to buy the 200 mg edition.

Looks like a friend of a friend who is in Spain will go along with buying some Trobolt for me.
One Question: Can one divide the pill in two? If so Ill get him to buy the 200 mg edition.
It is recommended not to cut the pills. I don't recall where I read that but I definitely remember they shouldn't be cut.

Let him get some 100mg for you too so you can build up without cutting it... prices are according to amount of mg`s in box so your not going to pay much more for it ... maybe few dollars. I don`t think you should cut them although with these it might not be as bad as other pills ... when cutting pills you never know how many mg`s you really ingested + some pills have a coating for slow release and also protecting the stomach ...

anyway it is completely pointless to take 1 box of 200mg!! you never will reach the right does and you will never have the timeframe of taking this medicin that will show you it`s possibilities

and i`ll just add you need to have your QT rate checked and other things too before people are dropping dead here ...

PLEASE MANAGERS MAKE A BIGGER BANNER CAUSE THE ONE WE HAVE NOW IS`T WORKING and i`m getting tired of repeating myself for the sake of others that seemingly don`t care much!

Let him get some 100mg for you too so you can build up without cutting it... prices are according to amount of mg`s in box so your not going to pay much more for it ... maybe few dollars. I don`t think you should cut them although with these it might not be as bad as other pills ... when cutting pills you never know how many mg`s you really ingested + some pills have a coating for slow release and also protecting the stomach ...

anyway it is completely pointless to take 1 box of 200mg!! you never will reach the right does and you will never have the timeframe of taking this medicin that will show you it`s possibilities

and i`ll just add you need to have your QT rate checked and other things too before people are dropping dead here ...

PLEASE MANAGERS MAKE A BIGGER BANNER CAUSE THE ONE WE HAVE NOW IS`T WORKING and i`m getting tired of repeating myself for the sake of others that seemingly don`t care much!

Yep, one box isn't enough...It takes months.

Ok. If i get one box of each, that will atleast get me to try out:
100*3 1. week
150*3 2. week
200*3 3&4. week
150*3 5. week
100*3 6. week
..with still something to spare.

That will give me some thought of idea about the drug and its potency regarding my T, right?
If it will attenuate in volume I will have come a long way, cause the volume in itself isnt that high.
Its the character of the noise that is killing me. The raspy/grating/distorted/electrical 12500-1300 Hz pitch sound.
Its unmaskable, but maybe it will be easier to live with if trobolt will dampen it.
I understand, if it does something at all, it will only work while on it. But then I atleast will know that there is some kind of relief out there which again will help out a great deal psychologicaly.

I don´t really care if it is recomended or not to divide them. Only if its possible and that they dont come in capsuals.
I´ve managed to google a picture of the 100 mg, and it doesn´t seem to have a divider-line on it. That may perhaps of course be a problem getting it right according to my plan above.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now