Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I did up like MPT
1 day 300/day
2nd day was 600/d for 3days i think
and then 300mg
so you mean `and than 300 mg 3 times a day` ... so you jumped to 900mg a day in just let`s say 5 days?

So why would anyone taper if people are jumping this fast ... what is the point of a taper anyway? .. it depends on the drug i guess?

so you mean `and than 300 mg 3 times a day` ... so you jumped to 900mg a day in just let`s say 5 days?

So why would anyone taper if people are jumping this fast ... what is the point of a taper anyway? .. it depends on the drug i guess?

well i did nto had a lot of trobalt and i wanted to test it, and MPT did it, so well i said well i try it too, and it was ok i did not had epilepsy so i did not got side effect, point is withdrawing should be done slower.

damn thats kinda quick did u get side effects? what dose worked for you i mean i which does did you feel change

honestly worst side effect i got 1 months after, and today are honestly worst of worst it is like they accumulate, but trobalt helps me sleep, i lover dosage in morning to 200-250, same as afternoon just in the night it is 350-400

and yes you get drunk! but it was test i could not choose to get slowly. We had guy here and he is medical expert, he made scheme how to go up and down, he is studying brain, he explained trobalt in detail, somewhere page 17. he is professional @benryu . All other are just guessing and trying to copy him.

Anyway there are journals where he explains into details how trobalt function and gives sheme how to use trobalt for best effect.

OK peeps... I was casually taking my med`s today .. I took around 320 and it it for sure has lowered my tinnitus to a 2 ... just now I took my other dose which would be a 200 pill and the other half which I broke in half this morning, of the 200 pill which would be 280 or something ... I just plugged my ears and hear something faintly in the inner noise of bloodstream ... but so low ... very very very low ..

but I have been a bit of a zombie ... bit drugged .. and not clearly thinking .. .but it doesn`t last the whole timespan ... and it takes many times of correcting words to write this post ...

I even had natural moments I was enjoying the meditative silence I longed for so long ...

Succes! (said with caution)

OK peeps... I was casually taking my med`s today .. I took around 320 and it it for sure has lowered my tinnitus to a 2 ... just now I took my other dose which would be a 200 pill and the other half which I broke in half this morning, of the 200 pill which would be 280 or something ... I just plugged my ears and hear something faintly in the inner noise of bloodstream ... but so low ... very very very low ..

but I have been a bit of a zombie ... bit drugged .. and not clearly thinking .. .but it doesn`t last the whole timespan ... and it takes many times of correcting words to write this post ...

I even had natural moments I was enjoying the meditative silence I longed for so long ...

Succes! (said with caution)

This drug must be hitting something right ;)

sorry guys but my God ... the rest, the peace ... it is unbelievable what we miss ... but no worries they are on the right way ... hang in there !!!!

it comes in waves the silence ... so still something trying to persist ... something is happening atleast ..

sorry guys but my God ... the rest, the peace ... it is unbelievable what we miss ... but no worries they are on the right way ... hang in there !!!!

it comes in waves the silence ... so still something trying to persist ... something is happening atleast ..

It's amazing isn't it? Normal people are so, so lucky.

it will be 320*280*200 = 800 ... today ... tomorrow I will try 300*300*200 again ... 2 more days ... or more because have some important conversation coming up and don`t want to be a zombie, need clarity...

it will be 320*280*200 = 800 ... today ... tomorrow I will try 300*300*200 again ... 2 more days ... or more because have some important conversation coming up and don`t want to be a zombie, need clarity...

Haha...You will be a zombie.

If you take 400mg you'll feel so sedated and drunk.
does it actually get better? like does your body get used to it? ... seems like the silence comes along with the drunkenness ... however nice this feeling is ... it is not what I long for ... I don`t want to depend on this drug ... when i am high like that and it is silent I feel like i used to feel before T .. i`m almost scared to say T is completely linked to emotional states, like it came because of a depression ... but also induces depression ... it`s like a catch 22 ... how the hell do you get out of it ... ? ... this is why anti depressants seem to work so well for T ... it has something to do with our conscious expericne of our reality in a positive or a negative way ... maybe T is an alarm to warn you like .. jow dude - be happy! ...

i`m almost scared to say to is completely linked to emotional states ... but also induces depression ... it`s like a catch 22 ...
I think "linked" is exactly right, rather than "caused by" -- that is, the chemical mix that causes certain emotional states, is also causing T to be one way or another.

does it actually get better? like does your body get used to it? ... seems like the silence comes along with the drunkenness ... however nice this feeling is ... it is not what I long for ... I don`t want to depend on this drug ... when i am high like that and it is silent I feel like i used to feel before T .. i`m almost scared to say T is completely linked to emotional states, like it came because of a depression ... but also induces depression ... it`s like a catch 22 ... how the hell do you get out of it ... ? ... this is why anti depressants seem to work so well for T ... it has something to do with our conscious expericne of our reality in a positive or a negative way ... maybe T is an alarm to warn you like .. jow dude - be happy! ...

Your body does get used to it.

My T isnt linked to my emotional state. My emotional state DURING onset of T was linked to getting T, but its got nothing to do with it NOW. You can give me a million dollars and buy me a mansion in Hawaii, and I will STILL have severe catastrophic noise induced tinnitus.

My T isnt linked to my emotional state. My emotional state DURING onset of T was linked to getting T, but its got nothing to do with it NOW. You can give me a million dollars and buy me a mansion in Hawaii, and I will STILL have severe catastrophic noise induced tinnitus.
yes I know, the T induces the depression and nothing can help it .. .that`s what I`m saying ... T and depression are one ... no bloody mansion will make me happy if i`m sitting their listening to this crappy noise ... but T gone = depression gone

I wuld accept the million dollars though ... to bribe me a cure ;)

yes I know, the T induces the depression and nothing can help it .. .that`s what I`m saying ... T and depression are one ... no bloody mansion will make me happy if i`m sitting their listening to this crappy noise ... but T gone = depression gone

Yeah, give it to Autifony lol

i would rather be poor working at mcdonalds than have a billion dollars with no cure in sight for catastrophic t, and ill be the happiest poor man alive....

This drug was intended to treat epilepsy if I am not mistaken but you guys say it helps lower T so my thoughts on T may be correct . Alzheimer. Epilepsy . Parkinson even schizophrenia ,and PTSD and all disorders of the brain and nervous system including Tinnitus are all related and all have a similar cause and cure.

i would rather be poor working at mcdonalds than have a billion dollars with no cure in sight for catastrophic t, and ill be the happiest poor man alive....

Yep, I personally would give Dr. Charles Large all my monies. Great man treating tinnitus.

i took 250mg and nothing on T but damn im getting really slow my body feel very slow,i know now what you guys meant on feeling drunk. @Danny Boy did you get like this even when your t didnt change yet. damn this sucks @nills

400mg is where you'll get the benefit.

i also urinated right now and u know how u can push ur urine harder if u want, i couldnt is that normal? is that a side effect also, did u get this

That is a side-effect. Get some red bush tea, it's a diuretic, so can help you pee.

i also urinated right now and u know how u can push ur urine harder if u want, i couldnt is that normal? is that a side effect also, did u get this
It happens to me , in the morning ( I don't take trobalt ) but it's because I don't drink a lot of water so it might be you're case to​

Today I had the first direct effect of Trobalt on my Tinnitus.

Some of you know that I have multiple catastrophic T with very loud low frequency sounds that are alternating within themselves all the time (like running engine or something with a rotation / round per Minutes). These sounds really kill me. (Not my emotional state...When my T gets a bit milder...it's like I can breathe again - just wanted to add that to the misplaced discussion above)

So, today im on my 6th day of tapering up on Trobalt. Today im gonna be on 3x200mg.

In the morning I only ate a very small breakfast and took the 200mg.

About 30 minutes later I felt bit dizzy and drunk...then the Tinnitus suddenly started to change.
The Washing Machine sound suddenly became a more mild, different sound and was like pushed into "background" and I could even notice my high pitched old tinnitus which I have had for 8 years, I usually dont notice it over the low frequency machine sounds. I was astonished.
The effect on T lasted about 20 minutes, then the sounds were "normalizing". Right now im having my almost usual T, like 9/10.

About the "drunk" side effect. I dont really like being drunk, especially on alcohol.
But this is somehow different. Its quite okay, im not afraid of that state, at least for now.
After 30-40 minutes the drunken feeling was completely gone.
But I can confirm, it gets a lot harder to write with keyboard and you forget things in the moment. Im not sure how much harder it will be when I've reached 400mg taken at once...but Im gonna find out.

It seems that 200mg can "hit" you...but that depends on how much you ate before taking a pill. 200mg hit me after one bread bun. I just ate lunch, now I dont feeling anything from the last 200mg.
I know, some people wrote about not taking Trobalt on empty stomach. I just wanted to add that.

I can confirm, Trobalt can really do something to your T!
For now im calling it "something". Im not sure how long It can last and if it will have some longer lasting (positive) effect like in Dannys case (on higher dosage of course).
Im sure it also depends on the kind of T you have. But it's worth a try If you have catastrophic T and can't go on living with it like me. Also, there's still Keppra, which im gonny try at some point. (already got it)

It seems to work with Mirtazapine (for now). I wanted to come off it before taking Trobalt, but I can't go through withdrawal right now.

@NiNyu
@Geo
@valeri
@Danny Boy
@dan
@Martin69
@Xorthian

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now