Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

How long time are you on trobalt 250-300?

At start i got like dizzy, problem speaking,
as time went i dot problem speaking and behaviour ( i was high) and i openly said people truth in their face (insted hold it for myself and not care)
after i slowly lost emotions, i was not sed or happy, it erase love from me, i was like plant, but tinnitus went down, tinnitus max went down for 80%
then i got little prostata problem, my sleep improved 70%
in weeks that followed i got bed sight on a left eye, but both were affected
i could go to him but my muscles were not so controlled and they were getting too relaxed
dosage 250 made my fingers relaxed so i missed letters

dosage 300 made impossible to spell "small" word like small, i would try to say first is "s" then "e" but i type "f", totally unable, but that last 30min max
i was on 300-400 mg i noticed blood in by usine
i noticed i could not speak especially at all on a peak when it hits me
i developed kidney stones but cant use narcotics for pain, but warm beer without alcohol ,and 4 liter mineral water run out and peed them down (you will notice settings during nights that is sign)

i was diagnose with color change in retina in left eye, they done MRI scans of brain and it was ok
i got often now back pain because i cant train or run because unreliable muscles
when medicine hits peak (i say hit you) after taking it and next 2h i get twitches, nothing special, like someone with a lighter electronic inductor just hit my arm or fingers or legs, but i just dont pay attention on it, there is no pain but that weird sensation.

so

dizzy

blurred vision

kidney stones

bloody urine (that leave permanent stains on toilet seat :(((( it bets brownish, and you will notice on toilet paper it is pinky

taking double time to get organised, get dressed and get out of house

slight retina color change

back pain that wake you up, you must stretch

you will not run any more muscles dont wanna listen, and become gelly

light twitches but strange, nothing fell or brake to me

can not pay attention on 2 things, so be careful if you have mobile and cross street!

problem communicating with your friends when pill hit you

sometimes you will have to lie down (or sit it over 20 min

being happy or high 60% of time

can not get tired, can walk and work like machine

can not have sex, no desire, or you must jump over dosage to get hot

no fillings of love, or lets say get cold 70% (swedish cold) add 10%, and be with person you like but you don't wanna kiss or hug because that is useless waste of time (borg)

love doing what you like to do extremly will make you happy

uncontrollable spending money!!! forget wallet

sugar cravings when you take pill in the evening (take pill when you are in bed, and don't turn on light if you go pee they will wake you and you will go in kitchen

I think i listed 90%, @Danny Boy did not have so much side effect when he was on 3 drugs simultaneously, plus 3 supplements herbal, others i dont know

brown red urine get on 400mg and so on... @snow86

this is my experience now more than a year

i forcefully stopped trobalt

i got strange neurological sensation like milion ans all over body, day by day, legs first, then lower leg , than hands, then back, than part of face then bit head, and restless leg syndrome (totally look like it and IF TROBALT IS CUT LIKE THAT YOU CAN PERMANENTLY GET RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME I GOT CONFIRMED FROM GSK BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID AND HAD TO CALL THEM)

So no 300-400 then 0 just like that!!!

well i found a psychiatrist in Sweden who is willing to prescribe it off label! he said if you believe it can help you can get it, and off course you need diagnose like ptsd, tinnitus, depression, social phobia, anything to get to psychiatry. tinnitus all is not enough.

you take just one pill and no T?

I done like mpt i did not had luxury of doing it slowly :(

1-3 day 100mg x3
4-6 200mg x3
7th on 250-300
then fell on 250 i felt best there for 4 months and my t want to point i could not hear it in soundproof room
damn man thats crazy all that how can you keep taking that stuff then if it doesnt even help your T. when did you feel your first big side effect? im getting scared now from your and zmichales experiences.....

damn man thats crazy all that how can you keep taking that stuff then if it doesnt even help your T. when did you feel your first big side effect? im getting scared now from your and zmichales experiences.....

I think he takes it for sleep? It's a shame it hasn't worked for him. Be careful with trobalt Geo, it's dangerous.

it`s funny what Christian said about speaking openly .. I did something similar yesterday and everyone one was a bit taken aback at first ... but I was speaking up for the good side of life ... not just vomiting an opinion, more like saying what was on everyone mind.

4.9 Overdose
Symptoms and signs

There is limited experience of overdose with retigabine.

Retigabine overdoses in excess of 2,500 mg/day were reported during clinical studies. In addition to adverse reactions seen at therapeutic doses, symptoms of retigabine overdose included agitation, aggressive behaviour and irritability. There were no reported sequelae.

In a study in volunteers, cardiac arrhythmia (cardiac arrest/asystole or ventricular tachycardia) occurred in two subjects within 3 hours of receiving a single 900 mg retigabine dose. The arrhythmias spontaneously resolved, and both volunteers recovered without sequelae.

All the worse side effects like pigmentation and discoloration occur after several years of treatement ...

I`m becoming less afraid of Trobalt ... but I just woke up in the middle of the night now with squeeling T after taken 900mg`s yesterday ...

@Geo @Danny Boy So what were Z`michaells issues than again? I forgot totally.

it`s funny what Christian said about speaking openly .. I did something similar yesterday and everyone one was a bit taken aback at first ... but I was speaking up for the good side of life ... not just vomiting an opinion, more like saying what was on everyone mind.

4.9 Overdose
Symptoms and signs

There is limited experience of overdose with retigabine.

Retigabine overdoses in excess of 2,500 mg/day were reported during clinical studies. In addition to adverse reactions seen at therapeutic doses, symptoms of retigabine overdose included agitation, aggressive behaviour and irritability. There were no reported sequelae.

In a study in volunteers, cardiac arrhythmia (cardiac arrest/asystole or ventricular tachycardia) occurred in two subjects within 3 hours of receiving a single 900 mg retigabine dose. The arrhythmias spontaneously resolved, and both volunteers recovered without sequelae.

All the worse side effects like pigmentation and discoloration occur after several years of treatement ...

I`m becoming less afraid of Trobalt ... but I just woke up in the middle of the night now with squeeling T after taken 900mg`s yesterday ...

@Geo @Danny Boy So what were Z`michaells issues than again? I forgot totally.

You'd need to ask yourself

How long time are you on trobalt 250-300?

At start i got like dizzy, problem speaking,
as time went i dot problem speaking and behaviour ( i was high) and i openly said people truth in their face (insted hold it for myself and not care)
after i slowly lost emotions, i was not sed or happy, it erase love from me, i was like plant, but tinnitus went down, tinnitus max went down for 80%
then i got little prostata problem, my sleep improved 70%
in weeks that followed i got bed sight on a left eye, but both were affected
i could go to him but my muscles were not so controlled and they were getting too relaxed
dosage 250 made my fingers relaxed so i missed letters

dosage 300 made impossible to spell "small" word like small, i would try to say first is "s" then "e" but i type "f", totally unable, but that last 30min max
i was on 300-400 mg i noticed blood in by usine
i noticed i could not speak especially at all on a peak when it hits me
i developed kidney stones but cant use narcotics for pain, but warm beer without alcohol ,and 4 liter mineral water run out and peed them down (you will notice settings during nights that is sign)

i was diagnose with color change in retina in left eye, they done MRI scans of brain and it was ok
i got often now back pain because i cant train or run because unreliable muscles
when medicine hits peak (i say hit you) after taking it and next 2h i get twitches, nothing special, like someone with a lighter electronic inductor just hit my arm or fingers or legs, but i just dont pay attention on it, there is no pain but that weird sensation.

so

dizzy

blurred vision

kidney stones

bloody urine (that leave permanent stains on toilet seat :(((( it bets brownish, and you will notice on toilet paper it is pinky

taking double time to get organised, get dressed and get out of house

slight retina color change

back pain that wake you up, you must stretch

you will not run any more muscles dont wanna listen, and become gelly

light twitches but strange, nothing fell or brake to me

can not pay attention on 2 things, so be careful if you have mobile and cross street!

problem communicating with your friends when pill hit you

sometimes you will have to lie down (or sit it over 20 min

being happy or high 60% of time

can not get tired, can walk and work like machine

can not have sex, no desire, or you must jump over dosage to get hot

no fillings of love, or lets say get cold 70% (swedish cold) add 10%, and be with person you like but you don't wanna kiss or hug because that is useless waste of time (borg)

love doing what you like to do extremly will make you happy

uncontrollable spending money!!! forget wallet

sugar cravings when you take pill in the evening (take pill when you are in bed, and don't turn on light if you go pee they will wake you and you will go in kitchen

I think i listed 90%, @Danny Boy did not have so much side effect when he was on 3 drugs simultaneously, plus 3 supplements herbal, others i dont know

brown red urine get on 400mg and so on... @snow86

this is my experience now more than a year

i forcefully stopped trobalt

i got strange neurological sensation like milion ans all over body, day by day, legs first, then lower leg , than hands, then back, than part of face then bit head, and restless leg syndrome (totally look like it and IF TROBALT IS CUT LIKE THAT YOU CAN PERMANENTLY GET RESTLESS LEG SYNDROME I GOT CONFIRMED FROM GSK BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID AND HAD TO CALL THEM)

So no 300-400 then 0 just like that!!!

well i found a psychiatrist in Sweden who is willing to prescribe it off label! he said if you believe it can help you can get it, and off course you need diagnose like ptsd, tinnitus, depression, social phobia, anything to get to psychiatry. tinnitus all is not enough.

you take just one pill and no T?

I done like mpt i did not had luxury of doing it slowly :(

1-3 day 100mg x3
4-6 200mg x3
7th on 250-300
then fell on 250 i felt best there for 4 months and my t want to point i could not hear it in soundproof room
What a fucking disaster, sorry to hear that you are going through all this Christian.

What are you guys hoping for here? A permanent cure? Get real. Or maybe a few months of relief? Then what?

What a fucking disaster, sorry to hear that you are going through all this Christian.

What are you guys hoping for here? A permanent cure? Get real. Or maybe a few months of relief? Then what?

Well, I've had a permanent reduction, which is good enough.

I got used, urine get rd and that is it, but sather be relaxed and unable to think about this disaster clearly , than be in sever pain and know that , well probably very true i will not to live to next summer, not from trobalt but from tinnitus that gets to be worse and worse

well use side effect to your help, you dont understand until it come to it. and from entire list retina color change is bad other if you are in a bad laying and in pains trobalt is better.

if we say tinnitus or tooth pain, some nb 6 in behind, and you can't fix it it is hurtin all the time , sometimes you take paracetamol <=>diazepam/some antidepressant, or you take caffeine some stronger pill from pain = xanax or worse, then you be glad to take injection of lidocaine = trobalt , ih has better effect

I got used, urine get rd and that is it, but sather be relaxed and unable to think about this disaster clearly , than be in sever pain and know that , well probably very true i will not to live to next summer, not from trobalt but from tinnitus that gets to be worse and worse

Autifony will save you. Believe in Autifony mate.

Maybe you should shut up with your negativity. You drink yourself to death rather than go to a psychologist or try any treatment. Your opinion is invalid.

Well, if you don't help yourself then what can you do? Honestly, I tried trobalt and I'm glad I did.

Some people have underlying psychological issues or are psychosis sensitive ... when you take brain chemicals these can play out ... best advice is to stop using them!! when you don`t stop ... sorry there arn`t many words to use in those cases.

We have been telling christian to stop using trobalt for months ... he doesn`t want to ... because of sleep .. sorry but there are other methods for sleep and in the end you get so tired you will sleep ...

so I don`t know ... You have to be a bit sensible and use intelligent ... we have a saying ... an ass doesn`t hit his head twice on the same stone.

i`m being blunt but some people need to have it this way.

and all the side effects like dizzy slurred speech, `high` side effects are temporary ... and much less harmful than drinking 5 beers ... honestly I have used heaps of dope, pills, psychedelics and alcohol in my life ... i`m a good person to explain you the differences between all of them and trobalt is minor ... and for me i`m actually experiencing more love .. and more ease through Trobalt ... it`s not the drug itself it`s the person taking it.

Maybe you should shut up with your negativity. You drink yourself to death rather than go to a psychologist or try any treatment. Your opinion is invalid.
Negative hey? So if I think positively this drug will work for me. That's called placebo genius.

You take your retigabine and I will have my six drinks a day, let's meet up in 5 years and see who is better off. Ok?

Oh, I haven't tried any treatment??why don't you step back and read my posts before making ignorant claims.

Good luck on your drugs junky

I dont know....after that one euphoric short time experience with lowered T for 15 minutes my T is catastrophic bad as always, exploding at 10/10. Im on almost 3x300 mg and I dont even get the high feeling anymore. Okay im just 7 days in...maybe too early to tell.
Right now Im sceptical that it will give some sort of real relief where the benefits outweigh the consequences of taking Trobalt
Or maybe my T is just too extreme and the multiple sounds are too much for trobalt. Im just fu****

(Christians and Zmichaels experiences scare me too, I mean I would accept that if the T would go lower)

Maybe Danny ist just the magical case where it really worked and all the requirements for Trobalt to work were met.

Please guys, no need to argue.

We know it works for some people and we know that it does not for others, those are the facts.

All the rest is speculation.
It's all speculation but you are right, no need to get our panties in a bunch here.

It's all speculation but you are right, no need to get our panties in a bunch here.

Look...I'll I'm saying is this; I went from hearing tinnitus over everything, even everything outside, to not hearing it outside at all and hearing it inside faintly. It took a few months to fully kick in, but boy did it. Anyway, nobody here is forcing you to take the drug. But people are having positive results. Now the wait is on for Autifony.

Look...I'll I'm saying is this; I went from hearing tinnitus over everything, even everything outside, to not hearing it outside at all and hearing it inside faintly. I took a few months to fully kick in, but boy did it. Anyway, nobody here is forcing you to take the drug. But people are having positive results. Now the wait is on for Autifony.
That's good man, trust me I'm happy for you.

Thank you. I hope one day you'll get treated.
We might have our differences here Danny but I like that we can still be friends. Just opinions, that's it, no biggie. I never take a difference of opinion personally, obviously you don't either. Cheers man.

We might have our differences here Danny but I like that we can still be friends. Just opinions, that's it, no biggie. I never take a difference of opinion personally, obviously you don't either. Cheers man.

Ah, I don't mind at all. I've learnt to respect other people's opinions and ways of living. And of course I'd like to be friends. ^________^

I dont know....after that one euphoric short time experience with lowered T for 15 minutes my T is catastrophic bad as always, exploding at 10/10. Im on almost 3x300 mg and I dont even get the high feeling anymore. Okay im just 7 days in...maybe too early to tell.
Right now Im sceptical that it will give some sort of real relief where the benefits outweigh the consequences of taking Trobalt
Or maybe my T is just too extreme and the multiple sounds are too much for trobalt. Im just fu****

(Christians and Zmichaels experiences scare me too, I mean I would accept that if the T would go lower)

Maybe Danny ist just the magical case where it really worked and all the requirements for Trobalt to work were met.
Not good. Keep trying.

Well, if everyone was on the correct dose of 400mg we might get some results.
I dont doubt your benefit from Trobalt Danny, but you did take other drugs also, right?
Like Keppra and Campral and maybe others?
Have you considered if the other drugs may have had a contribution to your improvement?
Even by themselves or in mixing it with Trobalt? You are now still on Keppra and Campral as I have gathered?
Also I´m wondering about your recommendtation on Trobalt. Seems to me you are uttering in every other post that one should take the highest possible dose, but you also say be careful cause its a dangerous drug.
Im just a little bit confused about it all!

I dont doubt your benefit from Trobalt Danny, but you did take other drugs also, right?
Like Keppra and Campral and maybe others?
Have you considered if the other drugs may have had a contribution to your improvement?
Even by themselves or in mixing it with Trobalt? You are now still on Keppra and Campral as I have gathered?
Also I´m wondering about your recommendtation on Trobalt. Seems to me you are uttering in every other post that one should take the highest possible dose, but you also say be careful cause its a dangerous drug.
Im just a little bit confused about it all!

I used keppra and campral like the 6th or 7th month in. Campral did nothing and I stopped taking it and keppra was for the hyperacusis. Additionally, I discovered that Campral was ototoxic...

you took words out of my mouth i was saying the same thing to myself what if my T is just to extreme for it.. and the consequences damn its just to hard

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now