Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I can see where you're going , splints are useless , most of the time , tmj requires more than just a splint , but yeah a t sufferer will do anything to find the cause of his t any hope will still be hope, and how's the trobalt going with you?

TMJ treatment should only be reserved for actual jaw problems. So yes I agree that splints are useless for the treatment of tinnitus. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get your (or insurance) money.

TMJ treatment should only be reserved for actual jaw problems. So yes I agree that splints are useless for the treatment of tinnitus. Anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get your (or insurance) money.
Well , I'm still not against getting you're jaw treated , so if you're t was caused by you're jaw you're just gonna be like "ok it's to late to do anything I'm not gonna waste my money " so what then ? You're just gonna sit there and wait for you're jaw to get worse and tinnitus as well ?

Well , I'm still not against getting you're jaw treated , so if you're t was caused by you're jaw you're just gonna be like "ok it's to late to do anything I'm not gonna waste my money " so what then ? You're just gonna sit there and wait for you're jaw to get worse and tinnitus as well ?

Yes that's what I said. Treat your jaw only for jaw problems. Tinnitus should not be considered here.

If you expect reduction of your T by this treatment you may end up very dissapointed, especially after spending several hundreds of dollars.

You´re welcome to try it. Once T starts (no matter whats the cause) its almost irreversible in 99% of the cases.
In Nils case, he has had T for years, wearing a splint won´t be a magic trick and will let it disappear.

Sure, it always gives one some hope when the doctors says you have TMJ and this and that and you have something to hold on to. I was there too, I spent more than 500€ on jaw diagnostics and splints.

AND in my case it even made sense because I was diagnosed with TMJ after I had some wisdom teeth pulled and my monster T started.
Still, it didn´t help a bit. So if you have some fresh issues with your jaw and your T is new, sure its worth checking it out.
we have a very good health care system luckily .. most of this will be completely refunded.

READ THIS MAYBE ...

BUT. Back to retigabine ... today I had major side effect and I was a bit shook up about it .. or actually not .. I was more shook up during it.

So in the morning I woke up and was near 10 ... my time of first dose ... so at en I took my 400mg dose and messed around a bit and than after some time made me breakfast. Some yoghurt with honey and mango ... I ate this . messed around a bit and suddenly the trobalt hit me so hard ... I was standing but almost couldn`t hold it to stand .. everything was turning, very wobbly on legs and my eyes vison was just gone left and right .. could fovus on anything ... stood there a bit like `holy shit, this is strong stuff ` ... than went to sit on couch tofind out if my trobalt was interacting with lactoe or whetever the hell i was thinking ... could even write on google, alone try to find google first with my mouspad .. wrote lactose maybe three time in a row .. you get the picture .. strong stuff ...

it left me after maybe ten minutes ... luckilyI didn`t get heart attack or something.

I don`t even know what to say about it ... completely wasted ...

later today I took only 300 and also very much under the influence of it ... hard coordinating thoughts and body...

my friends in town were laughing with me because I was a bit confused ... but in a funny way .. I was laughing and enjoying too so .. I don`t know :)

I`m going to slow down my testing period and see my neurologist 18th of august ... and than see what is going on here ..

@nills

oh....how was your T during these 10 minutes?
Don`t remember man ... I was trying to make sure I wasn`t getting a heart-attack ..

My T is still there offcourse, but it is kind of lower and somtimes I can forget about it or even not hear it in noisy situations ... it does something this trobalt .. but not enough for me yet.

hows urs ?

Catastrophic...I had a 20/10 day yesterday, my head was more than exploding with like 5 subwoofers inside my head. Today its back to 10/10 lol.

Im still at 600MG tho, decided to go a little slower for some days. Im still sceptical this will be the some kind of real deal.
If Nills is on 400mg at once and says its not enough for him and what I gathered is that he has no catastrophic T (feel free to correct me) then well...chances are not in our favor that good stuff will happen on 400/1200mg, Geo.

What about you, any changes?

Catastrophic...I had a 20/10 day yesterday, my head was more than exploding with like 5 subwoofers inside my head. Today its back to 10/10 lol.

Im still at 600MG tho, decided to go a little slower for some days. Im still sceptical this will be the some kind of real deal.
If Nills is on 400mg at once and says its not enough for him and what I gathered is that he has no catastrophic T (feel free to correct me) then well...chances are not in our favor that good stuff will happen on 400/1200mg, Geo.

What about you, any changes?
no man nothing. im at 250-200-200 and guess what i only have two days worth of pills left my mom went to the pharmacy and they cant get us some til the 6th of august im screwed.. cant even taper off... and yeah i feel the same our Ts are just to freaking strong

no man nothing. im at 250-200-200 and guess what i only have two days worth of pills left my mom went to the pharmacy and they cant get us some til the 6th of august im screwed.. cant even taper off... and yeah i feel the same our Ts are just to freaking strong

Shit man, I would help you out. Too bad you're on another continent.
Hope they will give you 100mg oder 200mg pills this time, 50mg is just stupid for higher dosages.

Shit man, I would help you out. Too bad you're on another continent.
Hope they will give you 100mg oder 200mg pills this time, 50mg is just stupid for higher dosages.
they dont give out anything over 50mg..... im just going to dose off with the next pills i know this shit aint worth it...lets see where i go from now on ill try keppra for my H but idk anymore

they dont give out anything over 50mg..... im just going to dose off with the next pills i know this shit aint worth it...lets see where i go from now on ill try keppra for my H but idk anymore

Don't give up man! We'll all go on holiday to Spain and enjoy life! Any help you need Geo I'll be here for you mate. Seriously anything you need I'll be here.

well i use trobalt but my situation is so bad, i cry last days i am lost , and i think i will end myself soon, there is on peer here on sea so just go there and drown my self, i cry every day, but i dont say nothing to anyone...

i am finished, i wanted to go to coastline to swim becouse i am sure it will be my last

overdoze of trobalt+benzo makes you dont know what are you

yes friend from Dubai, it makes you numb on life happiness sadnes, you just barely know you exist but hey

I too fel for you @Christian78. T is hell. I find a little bit relief using white noise generators these last fes days, but its really minimal. Its not like I dont think of my T every second of the day. I have 6 packs of Trobalt waiting to be consumed, but Im not just ready for it yet. Have to reach my goal of tapering off other drugs first.
But please dont do anything rash. We need you here with us. The Autifony results are gonna come out soon. We need to at least know what comes out of that. I know I am.

I too fel for you @Christian78. T is hell. I find a little bit relief using white noise generators these last fes days, but its really minimal. Its not like I dont think of my T every second of the day. I have 6 packs of Trobalt waiting to be consumed, but Im not just ready for it yet. Have to reach my goal of tapering off other drugs first.
But please dont do anything rash. We need you here with us. The Autifony results are gonna come out soon. We need to at least know what comes out of that. I know I am.

i did not wait to taper benzo, becouse trobalt can help you tappers benzo + tronal works so good for you to get used to t sound that after sometime you become resisten on it, or not noticite most of time + give you 7h sleep

what other drugs are you on?

i did not wait to taper benzo, becouse trobalt can help you tappers benzo + tronal works so good for you to get used to t sound that after sometime you become resisten on it, or not noticite most of time + give you 7h sleep
i know what u mean about sleep before trobalt it was a nightmare to get hours in.. i only have 2 days worth of pills left...no more sleep after that

i know what u mean about sleep before trobalt it was a nightmare to get hours in.. i only have 2 days worth of pills left...no more sleep after that
yes trobalt makes you sleepy at high doeses .. yesterday I was chatting with someone on facebook, and everytime my eyes closed my head fell over and I nodded to sleep .. ofcourse waking up every time it happend ... after the tenth time I just went to bed! ... 400 mg`s is doing some good now for me ... it fluctuates but something is deff going on

well i use trobalt but my situation is so bad, i cry last days i am lost , and i think i will end myself soon, there is on peer here on sea so just go there and drown my self, i cry every day, but i dont say nothing to anyone...

i am finished, i wanted to go to coastline to swim becouse i am sure it will be my last
Christian, go to the hospital and let yourself be taken into a program or something ... you really need prof help now.

Yes that's what I said. Treat your jaw only for jaw problems. Tinnitus should not be considered here.

If you expect reduction of your T by this treatment you may end up very dissapointed, especially after spending several hundreds of dollars.
not really true, cause my doctor said my inflamed sinuses are a reaction to my TMJ which cause a pressure on the ear and can strnghten the tinnitus .. .or somehting in this matter.

Christian, please try everything you can before taking such a drastic step. Try every drug for epilepsy, try every drug for attention deficit disorder, try every drug for narcolepsy, try every drug for Alzheimer's. Maybe start with the drug(s) for Alzheimer's first.

Excerpt: Experimental evidence and plain common sense tell us that neurons lose activity in Alzheimer disease, but a new study surprisingly suggests that under certain conditions, neurons may become more active. This work comes from Marc Aurel Busche and colleagues at the Technische Universitaet, Maximilians-Universitaet, and the Center for Integrated Protein Science (all in Munich, Germany), as well as Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research in Basel, Switzerland, and is published in today's Science. Using in vivo calcium-imaging, the scientists examine layer 2/3 cortical neurons in transgenic mice that overproduce both mutant amyloid precursor protein and presenilin (APP23xPS45 mice). The investigators describe a decrease in activity in about one-third of layer 2/3 neurons, but an increase in the activity of 21 percent of neurons in the same area, as measured by spontaneous calcium bursts.
http://bit.ly/1MympOR

As an inventor, Thomas Edison made 1,000 unsuccessful attempts at inventing the light bulb. When a reporter asked, "How did it feel to fail 1,000 times?" Edison replied, "I didn't fail 1,000 times. The light bulb was an invention with 1,000 steps."

Your brain did not accept Trobalt, but maybe it will accept another drug intended for diseases or afflictions that cause hyperactive neurons. Your physician should be able to find something that works with your brain and body.

so my doc gave me the green light to mix trobalt with keppra.. he accidently prescribed 500mg keppra so ill just break it into two=250mg...lets hope it works better if i combine the 2...
Wow - That is very interesting Geo. I really hope you will experience as good effect as D-boy.
Best of luck to you. I will follow your every post on the matter.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now