Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

So I want to know. 181 pages into this thread. Is there a definitive yes or no to the effectiveness of these treatments?
There are outcomes all across the spectrum with this drug. From no effect, to some effect, to almost cured effect...There is also a large variability in tinnitus types/cases - we are not all the same.

d boy used overloads and no side effects mixing 3 meds + supplements... he is immortal, while i am mortal

As Im on 3x300mg of RTG I believe less and less in Dannys miracle.
It was probably a mix of acute Tinnitus, some RTG relief and simple habituation. Sorry dannyboy ;)
Don´t want to go all Nagler on him, but maybe the T wasn´t that severe but his psychological reaction was a severe one and RTG acted like some kind of numbing drug, thats pretty what it does and then the T got better. (im saying maybe!)

I remember back then when I had my frist T, it was hard and I couldn´t cope at all. Year later it was no problem.
Now with a chronical multiple monster T it´s whole different caliber...It seems RTG is not effective enough for that.

I think Geo and I we´re gonna prove if it helps with multiple extreme T. Two of the worst Ts + Trobalt should say something about the efficiency.

Maybe Trobalt is good enough for normal tonal T...but then again, one can live very well with such Tinnitus and theres no need for the f**** sideeffects of trobalt.

so far lasting effect: 0 (zero)

@Geo
Good luck with keppra, gonna try soon too.

Is Danny the only one who has positive reaction to Trobalt?
The only one who says hes had extreme T.

besides that theres probably only @preslys
donw know how severe his T is

It was probably a mix of acute Tinnitus, some RTG relief and simple habituation. Sorry dannyboy ;)
Don´t want to go all Nagler on him, but maybe the T wasn´t that severe but his psychological reaction was a severe one and RTG acted like some kind of numbing drug, thats pretty what it does and then the T got better. (im saying maybe!)

I remember back then when I had my frist T, it was hard and I couldn´t cope at all. Year later it was no problem.
Now with a chronical multiple monster T it´s whole different caliber...It seems RTG is not effective enough for that.

I think Geo and I we´re gonna prove if it helps with multiple extreme T. Two of the worst Ts + Trobalt should say something about the efficiency.

Maybe Trobalt is good enough for normal tonal T...but then again, one can live very well with such Tinnitus and theres no need for the f**** sideeffects of trobalt.

@Geo

You still haven't upped the dose. 300x3 didn't do anything for me.

@Geo

Danny's T was due to an ear infection maybe preslyls T was also infection related? I am on the same road as them because my T comes also from infection.. I will try to get some trobalt from Turkey on my vacation, f... the side effects I can't live with this crazy sound in my head for 2 months going now!! Never listened to loud music never disco or party always becareful with my ears and I was first day of the infection in the hospital but developed this horrible nightmare....

Danny's T was due to an ear infection maybe preslyls T was also infection related? I am on the same road as them because my T comes also from infection.. I will try to get some trobalt from Turkey on my vacation, f... the side effects I can't live with this crazy sound in my head for 2 months going now!! Never listened to loud music never disco or party always becareful with my ears and I was first day of the infection in the hospital but developed this horrible nightmare....
why would youre barely new to T.. you will get used to in time i did.. and i doubt you'll end up like me and have many permanent spikes like i did....dont go the drug way..

why would youre barely new to T.. you will get used to in time i did.. and i doubt you'll end up like me and have many permanent spikes like i did....dont go the drug way..
Thanks for your positive reaction.
Still I hope it will go away completely by it's own but I don't know how big this chance is? It's now two months since I have this and from day 2 I knew it was permanent T. Family and friends were saying that it would dissappear in a couple of weeks. T is so loud and reactive to sounds bu example when I'm in a full crowded place and come home the T is screaming always, also the same effect after driving with car and listening a little bit loud music. The T is not always the same volume and changes frequently during the day. As you say I hope I will accept it but i can't imagine this day will come. The reason I want to take this medicine is I'm going really crazy and think always about the past and the nice silence i had before this. It's like being in jail and want to escape and ignoring all risks!

Still I hope it will go away completely by it's own but I don't know how big this chance is? It's now two months since I have this and from day 2 I knew it was permanent T. Family and friends were saying that it would dissappear in a couple of weeks. T is so loud and reactive to sounds bu example when I'm in a full crowded place and come home the T is screaming always, also the same effect after driving with car and listening a little bit loud music. The T is not always the same volume and changes frequently during the day. As you say I hope I will accept it but i can't imagine this day will come. The reason I want to take this medicine is I'm going really crazy and think always about the past and the nice silence i had before this. It's like being in jail and want to escape and ignoring all risks!
sounds like u have reactive T.. i suggest try not to be in loud areas for a bit.. i know mine was a like that at first.. do sounds hurt you or percieve them a little louder? if you do you might have H

I cant go above 200mg at once because my chest physically hurts a lot, lot, lot more after RTG. I probably could try those 300-400mg dosages if I was under medical supervision as I dont tolerate it so well as others.
I dont have enough supplies to tapper up.

Hard to tell if 100 and 200mg doses did anything to my T. I didnt experience 15minutes of total silence or major shift in sound frequency/volume.

I will try rest of my package in next few days once again but even if it does something for me, effect is so minimal its not worth taking this drug longterm - cost on finances and health is too great for me.

Back to waiting for other substances for me.

I would say trying rtg for couple of days at low dosages isnt really THAT dangerous and this drug wasnt developed by satan himself, chances are you will do more damage to your body/brain with long term antidepressants meds than this.

I cant go above 200mg at once because my chest physically hurts a lot, lot, lot more after RTG. I probably could try those 300-400mg dosages if I was under medical supervision as I dont tolerate it so well as others.
I dont have enough supplies to tapper up.

Hard to tell if 100 and 200mg doses did anything to my T. I didnt experience 15minutes of total silence or major shift in sound frequency/volume.

I will try rest of my package in next few days once again but even if it does something for me, effect is so minimal its not worth taking this drug longterm - cost on finances and health is too great for me.

Back to waiting for other substances for me.

I would say trying rtg for couple of days at low dosages isnt really THAT dangerous and this drug wasnt developed by satan himself, chances are you will do more damage to your body/brain with long term antidepressants meds than this.
chest hurts - did you have your QT interval meassured? - or did I ask you already?

I would try Trobalt because you are new to T ... but really do all the check ups forst and talk to a neurologist ... get their advice ... I`m getting to tired t write everything down so read in this thread a lot. Have your QT intervals checked ... than you can try for a while.

I would try Trobalt because you are new to T ... but really do all the check ups forst and talk to a neurologist ... get their advice ... I`m getting to tired t write everything down so read in this thread a lot. Have your QT intervals checked ... than you can try for a while.

It's great for the early stages, acute.

chest hurts - did you have your QT interval meassured? - or did I ask you already?
Yeah checked my QT interval 1 hour after popping 200mg trobalt without taper up. All in norm according to technician.

However I had 150/100bp and 100+ pulse.

I will try 200mg couple more times next week but honestly if it doesnt work for me at this dosage I have zero interest into increasing it to 400mg or so - too much risk compared to too little gain in my case.

I understand and know that some people cant wait 5-10 years for something to help them - if we get anything in that timeframe. Trobalt is definitely something for them to try.

Yeah checked my QT interval 1 hour after popping 200mg trobalt without taper up. All in norm according to technician.

However I had 150/100bp and 100+ pulse.

I will try 200mg couple more times next week but honestly if it doesnt work for me at this dosage I have zero interest into increasing it to 400mg or so - too much risk compared to too little gain in my case.

I understand and know that some people cant wait 5-10 years for something to help them - if we get anything in that timeframe. Trobalt is definitely something for them to try.
every where you read that 400 is the best bet to resolve this thing ..1200 mg a day!

You are as smart as a guy that is told to drive south to reach a city but decides to go north and than complains that if he doesn`t reach the city his bike and the people that showed him the way suck ..

the side effects aren`t bad if you take it for little while!

people are just unbelievable!

every where you read that 400 is the best bet to resolve this thing ..1200 mg a day!

You are as smart as a guy that is told to drive south to reach a city but decides to go north and than complains that if he doesn`t reach the city his bike and the people that showed him the way suck ..

the side effects aren`t bad if you take it for little while!

people are just unbelievable!

Look I dont have desire to make friends or enemies over this forum and I participated in stupid ass arguments way too many times. I will adress what did annoy me in your post.

For starters you did attack how smart or not I am. I would like to point out you lacked basic reading comprehension because i wrote that health and financial toll of retigabine on me are too great compared to potential relief I might or might not get from it.

I was in hospital for 2 years as a 7 years old that wanted to die because I was so hardcore suffering. I cant take risks with medicine that alter kidney function like trobalt does. I see just after couple of days that instead of taking piss maybe 8-12 times a day it was reduced to 3-4 times. Its a big no-no for me.

Did I tell you im mad that trobalt doesnt work at 200mg? No. I just noted a simple fact that it doesnt work for me. I'm not going to compromise my kidney functionality for anecdotal tinnitus relief from medicine that may or may not help if I nuke my body with substance. Its not worth to me.

I understand that 1200 is dosage needed to have any effect, I was curious how it will work on my body in lower dosage and I'm not happy with side effects. Can you bother and actually read what I write and think why i write that?

That said - I have nothing against you, just dont attack me next time.

Look I dont have desire to make friends or enemies over this forum and I participated in stupid ass arguments way too many times. I will adress what did annoy me in your post.

For starters you did attack how smart or not I am. I would like to point out you lacked basic reading comprehension because i wrote that health and financial toll of retigabine on me are too great compared to potential relief I might or might not get from it.

I was in hospital for 2 years as a 7 years old that wanted to die because I was so hardcore suffering. I cant take risks with medicine that alter kidney function like trobalt does. I see just after couple of days that instead of taking piss maybe 8-12 times a day it was reduced to 3-4 times. Its a big no-no for me.

Did I tell you im mad that trobalt doesnt work at 200mg? No. I just noted a simple fact that it doesnt work for me. I'm not going to compromise my kidney functionality for anecdotal tinnitus relief from medicine that may or may not help if I nuke my body with substance. Its not worth to me.

I understand that 1200 is dosage needed to have any effect, I was curious how it will work on my body in lower dosage and I'm not happy with side effects. Can you bother and actually read what I write and think why i write that?

That said - I have nothing against you, just dont attack me next time.
Whatever ... the info is out there, use it or leave it ... I`m getting to tired to even help people anymore, next in line can start taking over .. unfortunately next in line don`t know there stuff ... be well.

Whatever ... the info is out there, use it or leave it ... I`m getting to tired to even help people anymore, next in line can start taking over .. unfortunately next in line don`t know there stuff ... be well.

If you want to help you don't need to be shouting at people. They tend to not listen very carefully then.
Yeah I know 1200mg daily is required dose.

I highly suspect there is correlation between single dose vs sustained substance for tinnitus relief (autifony gives very large dosage once a day but they dont have stuff thats hits your heart and kidney so its a lot safer, cant imagine taking 800mg trobalt at once...).

We all are in this shit together, being kind goes long way.

take care, I hope trobalt works for you.

Personally...I don't see the point of taking this drug if you're not willing to go up to 400mg. I understand the trepidation people feel...But just a few days on 400mg just to see if it works won't hurt you.

If you want to help you don't need to be shouting at people. They tend to not listen very carefully then.
Yeah I know 1200mg daily is required dose.

I highly suspect there is correlation between single dose vs sustained substance for tinnitus relief (autifony gives very large dosage once a day but they dont have stuff thats hits your heart and kidney so its a lot safer, cant imagine taking 800mg trobalt at once...).

We all are in this shit together, being kind goes long way.

take care, I hope trobalt works for you.
I wasn`t shouting, I was annoied with someone saying something doesn`t work when we keep telling it doenst` work like that ... anyway ... do as you please .. sorry if i`m wasn`t kind enough ... just one of those days I don`t really care if I am ...

trobalt test phase went up to 2500 mg a day ... just shows you how little 200mg is

I wasn`t shouting, I was annoied with someone saying something doesn`t work when we keep telling it doenst` work like that ... anyway ... do as you please .. sorry if i`m wasn`t kind enough ... just one of those days I don`t really care if I am ...

trobalt test phase went up to 2500 mg a day ... just shows you how little 200mg is

Wouldn't want to go up to 2500mg though...

Yeah I feel the same. Feels like people are already set on doing whatever they want. No amount of advice or evidence is going to change their mind. I don't even know why they ask.

Bottom line is taking anything lower than 400mg x3 probably isn't going to do jackshit for long term benefits. People just take baby doses for a few days then just complain here that it doesn't work.

I have no idea why people would go through the hurdles of getting the damn drug only to not even try it properly afterwards.

@Nucleo .@snow86 . @nills @Danny Boy @Alper @Mooonk
The severity of my tinnitus before trobalt was 5 to 6/10 and two days only with trobalt my tinnitus decreased to 2-3/10.the result was very amazing. I spent 20 days in a silence. Now I am looking for an other box. after a break of 15 days I am preparing to take an other round .
Great news! I'm glad you are finding solace.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now