Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Awesome! You must've had a really, really bad case. I did read up that they were studying in the 80's how to eliminate enzymes in the eye but the funding got cut and that was that. It's odd that they underfund something so common, then again, so is tinntus.

The problem is that in Belgium they are much further on this subject than the Netherlands and if everybody with floaters wanted this the eye-doctors could not handle it so they only do the very worst people but that is just a bunch of people. When I became aware of this I became very angry. One eye surgeon told me that they get payed for 10 surgeries , so if they helped 100 people their hospital still got payed for 10..... In Belgium that is not the case so they can do more surgeries and spend more time on perfecting the procedure.

The problem is that in Belgium they are much further on this subject than the Netherlands and if everybody with floaters wanted this the eye-doctors could not handle it so they only do the very worst people but that is just a bunch of people. When I became aware of this I became very angry. One eye surgeon told me that they get payed for 10 surgeries , so if they helped 100 people their hospital still got payed for 10..... In Belgium that is not the case so they can do more surgeries and spend more time on perfecting the procedure.

Ah, I see. Very strange. So the floaters affected your vision? The NHS says they don't, but then again, I don't trust the NHS. They also say tinnitus isn't a serious condition.

Ah, I see. Very strange. So the floaters affected your vision? The NHS says they don't, but then again, I don't trust the NHS. They also say tinnitus isn't a serious condition.

hahahaha of course they effect your vision *laugh* it was true hell .... the problem with severe eyefloaters is that when you move your eyes the floaters follow the movement (most of them) but always a second later....this happens 24/7 and believe me you move your eyes a lot during the day. When I looked at a monitor I saw all this big spiderweb of floaters and I had one big black one that was not transparent blocking the view of my left eye in the center.
I stop talking about it because it was a horrible time which I like to forget....really did not think about it until I read this thread.

It is just as worse as T .... I could not understand how people could sit in a room where the walls are white because than you see the floaters at it's best .... a cloudy or sunny they did not matter it was horror. Where ever you look you this dots strings lines of floaters.

You can compare it to T and not want to sit in a silent room because it becomes louder. The only moment I could get relieve is by closing my eyes or use indirect light. Indirect light is like masking T. You still see them but less bothersome. It's the shadows of the floaters you see btw that are projected on your retina.

But like I said .... I rather not talk about it anymore...it was a very bad period of my life....and when I cured I thought nothing worse could happen or identical......than T came....Floaters CAN BE CURED..... so when I got T i thought there would be something to take also...but there was not....lucky us there is something on the way.

The reason I reacted to this post is that I do not want people to kill themself over floaters....if you have a view they will go out of you vision during your lifetime. The reason you see them so clearly in the beginning is because they are just before your retina so the shadow is much darker....if the go further away from your retina the shadow on your retina will be less noticeable. If you have severe floaters like I had there is a cure and it is everydays work in Belgium. Some insurance companies cover it some do not. But there is a 100% cure for it and they call it FOV (Floaters Only Vitrectomy) Below was me with my wife when my right eye was done and a picture how it looked after the surgery. With my left eye there was not blood in my eyes but the right one it did, but it all became ok again!

DSC00132.JPG
upload_2015-8-27_23-9-17.png

hahahaha of course they effect your vision *laugh* it was true hell .... the problem with severe eyefloaters is that when you move your eyes the floaters follow the movement (most of them) but always a second later....this happens 24/7 and believe me you move your eyes a lot during the day. When I looked at a monitor I saw all this big spiderweb of floaters and I had one big black one that was not transparent blocking the view of my left eye in the center.
I stop talking about it because it was a horrible time which I like to forget....really did not think about it until I read this thread.

It is just as worse as T .... I could not understand how people could sit in a room where the walls are white because than you see the floaters at it's best .... a cloudy or sunny they did not matter it was horror. Where ever you look you this dots strings lines of floaters.

You can compare it to T and not want to sit in a silent room because it becomes louder. The only moment I could get relieve is by closing my eyes or use indirect light. Indirect light is like masking T. You still see them but less bothersome. It's the shadows of the floaters you see btw that are projected on your retina.

But like I said .... I rather not talk about it anymore...it was a very bad period of my life....and when I cured I thought nothing worse could happen or identical......than T came....Floaters CAN BE CURED..... so when I got T i thought there would be something to take also...but there was not....lucky us there is something on the way.

The reason I reacted to this post is that I do not want people to kill themself over floaters....if you have a view they will go out of you vision during your lifetime. The reason you see them so clearly in the beginning is because they are just before your retina so the shadow is much darker....if the go further away from your retina the shadow on your retina will be less noticeable. If you have severe floaters like I had there is a cure and it is everydays work in Belgium. Some insurance companies cover it some do not. But there is a 100% cure for it and they call it FOV (Floaters Only Vitrectomy) Below was me with my wife when my right eye was done and a picture how it looked after the surgery. With my left eye there was not blood in my eyes but the right one it did, but it all became ok again!

View attachment 7604 View attachment 7605

Thanks for that mate. I'm glad you've got better. By the way, just to keep everyone updated. I don't have tinnitus anymore. I woke up today to silence.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's great man congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beeranimation:

Thanks. After 13 months, I am finally free. I just can't believe I managed to do it! 10/10 tinnitus, reactive tinnitus and severe hyperacusis all gone. Thanks keppra, trobalt and campral.

Thanks for that mate. I'm glad you've got better. By the way, just to keep everyone updated. I don't have tinnitus anymore. I woke up today to silence.
That's great Danny. But you have been "clean" from Trobalt, Keppra and Campral for a good while now though so it makes me wonder why your T went to a 0/10 now all of a sudden.

That's great Danny. But you have been "clean" from Trobalt, Keppra and Campral for a good while now though so it makes me wonder why your T went to a 0/10 now all of a sudden.

I actually started trobalt up again. I did mention I was experimenting. Anyway, it worked. By the way, I never stopped using keppra or campral.

Thanks. After 13 months, I am finally free. I just can't believe I managed to do it! 10/10 tinnitus, reactive tinnitus and severe hyperacusis all gone. Thanks keppra, trobalt and campral.

What an amazing coincidence !

I have been posting all day and oh btw, my T is cured, just forgot to mention it, not a big deal lol

I hope mine does the same one day :)

What an amazing coincidence !

I have been posting all day and oh btw, my T is cured, just forgot to mention it, not a big deal lol

I hope mine does the same one day :)

Well, I had to be sure lol But yeah, it all worked out.

I actually started trobalt up again. I did mention I was experimenting. Anyway, it worked. By the way, I never stopped using keppra or campral.

I see. I thought you said you stopped campral quite early though cause you didnt think it did something. And I also thought you stopped Keppra a while back, before stopping Trobalt. But I might remember wrong.

I see. I thought you said you stopped campral quite early though cause you didnt think it did something. And I also thought you stopped Keppra a while back, before stopping Trobalt. But I might remember wrong.

I did for like a few weeks. But started it up again. I just thought, I shouldn't give up, but it paid off. I think if that SF drug comes out, since it's 10x more potent it could cure tinnitus. But who knows. It did take a really long time. All I really did was limit my trobalt dosage to make sure I didn't get tolerant to it.

@Danny Boy

great to hear !! I hope it will stay ...

I also have something good happening ... I`m of all medication and just did 10 days of strong cortisone .. don`t know if it related but yesterday after having 6 years of 70% T right side and about 30% left ... the switched! ... yesterday I had very low T right, so low I could n`t hear it because I only heard it on the left ... only when shutting my ears I could find it. Than this morning they swapped again ... and now I`m in silent room and they are so quiet ... still something going on but just reaally low ... 1.5/10 i`d say ... and there is just this general feeling of relief and optimism and happiness ... also have to say have been smoking pot for last two weeks, but that actually makes it louder normally ... and the happiness is not related to the high (those who have used it know it does n`t work like that) ... so ... more coincidences happening :)

I feel I want to start Trobalt again in the next month for few months ... also have a keppra prescription laying around ... i`ll look up Campral.

@Danny Boy

great to hear !! I hope it will stay ...

I also have something good happening ... I`m of all medication and just did 10 days of strong cortisone .. don`t know if it related but yesterday after having 6 years of 70% T right side and about 30% left ... the switched! ... yesterday I had very low T right, so low I could n`t hear it because I only heard it on the left ... only when shutting my ears I could find it. Than this morning they swapped again ... and now I`m in silent room and they are so quiet ... still something going on but just reaally low ... 1.5/10 i`d say ... and there is just this general feeling of relief and optimism and happiness ... also have to say have been smoking pot for last two weeks, but that actually makes it louder normally ... and the happiness is not related to the high (those who have used it know it does n`t work like that) ... so ... more coincidences happening :)

I feel I want to start Trobalt again in the next month for few months ... also have a keppra prescription laying around ... i`ll look up Campral.

I just took them in combination. Might be the glutamate reduction.

I just took them in combination. Might be the glutamate reduction.
thanks I think I will try keppra and Trobalt together for some time.

I just noticed that the strong whistle in the ears is gone and feels more like a hiss at the back of the head ... good for now ... more to come I pray.

thanks I think I will try keppra and Trobalt together for some time.

I just noticed that the strong whistle in the ears is gone and feels more like a hiss at the back of the head ... good for now ... more to come I pray.

I hope you get to where I am. MPT did and I have.

Also see that those with positive mindset come with positive results and the other way around it works the same ...

Well, it's because I never gave up. I had hope and still do. I'm for sure protecting my ears like crazy.

I do, I think it helps bring awareness to the impact that tinnitus can have on ones life.

I agree. Some people don't even post about it, but they do it, without letting anyone know. So, we can't support them, if they don't speak about it. Honestly, when I had tinnitus, I spoke to so many people who wanted to die. I never let it faze me, I just wanted to help and support as much as I could. I may no longer have tinnitus and hopefully it doesn't come back. But I still want to come on here and support people, as I understand what people are going through. In-fact I make it my mission to help people with tinnitus and hyperacusis.

So totally pleased with what I am reading here today!!! Danny, you have been an inspiration to many of us. I sincerely hope that the demon T never, ever, returns and that you will stay with us on TT. And to Nills....I personally have read every post that you have written. Your compassion towards all of us who suffer, plus your knowledge, research, constructive suggestions and positive attitude has been most beneficial and uplifting. To you I wish that each and every day brings less ringing and more silence!! Now if I could just get the nerve to try the box of Trobalt that has been sitting on the shelf and staring me in my face for the past few months, there would possibly be another success story.

So totally pleased with what I am reading here today!!! Danny, you have been an inspiration to many of us. I sincerely hope that the demon T never, ever, returns and that you will stay with us on TT. And to Nills....I personally have read every post that you have written. Your compassion towards all of us who suffer, plus your knowledge, research, constructive suggestions and positive attitude has been most beneficial and uplifting. To you I wish that each and every day brings less ringing and more silence!! Now if I could just get the nerve to try the box of Trobalt that has been sitting on the shelf and staring me in my face for the past few months, there would possibly be another success story.

Thank you, I hope it doesn't return either. But with tinnitus you just never know. Anyway, I will always be here to support you guy/gals, because I care deeply and understand the true suffering of tinnitus. I want to support people all over the world with this horrible condition. Wish you all the best ^_^.

Thank you, I hope it doesn't return either. But with tinnitus you just never know. Anyway, I will always be here to support you guy/gals, because I care deeply and understand the true suffering of tinnitus. I want to support people all over the world with this horrible condition. Wish you all the best ^_^.
I am truly happy for you too, DB:)!! You are an inspiration to us all with your investigative nature and determination to beat this shit.
Can you please disclose now exactly what you did this time which seemed to have done the trick You said you had a experiment going on. As I understand it was still a combination of Trobalt, Keppra and Campral. What did you do this time you think that resolved your T. Please elaborate. Don´t hold back now, friend;). Give me an extended reply please....

Exactly...Dannboy wrote that Trobalt is devils masterpiece 2 pages ago, then after that he changed his opinion...then he is taking Trobalt again(what?!), and now he is even (more) cured (for real now?). Again thanks to Trobalt/Keppra and whatever....

Danny Boy said:
I would be very careful with trobalt, as it can cause serious problems with eyesight and kidneys. I have noticed some visual acuity has diminished and that it can cause issues with kidneys. I had so many water infections that it just was out of the ordinary, to the point where my kidneys had become infected and my white cell blood count was elevated to 16. I also have so many bloody floaters from taking it. The drug is dangerous and should be off the market and revised for safety. I was desperate, but I will never ever take trobalt again. If the devil created drugs, trobalt would be his masterpiece.
excuse me if im blunt - but this thread is getting ricidulous while Dannyboy is spinning a web of misinformation and people are calling him inspiration to us all and feeding on his random posts... Seriously, if you read the previous pages and still call him inspiration then you are not thinking clearly.

I hope youre really are cured @Danny Boy but please stop giving out so much mixed information.
It makes it really hard to tell if it is all fake and since you are the only one here who really permanently got "cured" ...

Im not writing this because im against Trobalt, im even taking it myself.

@grate_biff

theres no trick...Trobalt will get you high as f*ck. The Trick is not being on trobalt.
And funny thing danny never disclosed that he never stopped Trobalt.

so....dont believe everything you read here. Especially when all the "cure" talk comes from one person, who obviously has been on drugs for a long time.
Test trobalt for yourself. Dont get rickrolled.

Exactly...Dannboy wrote that Trobalt is devils masterpiece 2 pages ago, then after that he changed his opinion...then he is taking Trobalt again(what?!), and now he is even (more) cured (for real now?). Again thanks to Trobalt/Keppra and whatever....

excuse me if im blunt - but this thread is getting ricidulous while Dannyboy is spinning a web of misinformation and people are calling him inspiration to us all and feeding on his random posts... Seriously, if you read the previous pages and still call him inspiration then you are not thinking clearly.

I hope youre really are cured @Danny Boy but please stop giving out so much mixed information.
It makes it really hard to tell if it is all fake and since you are the only one here who really permanently got "cured" ...

Im not writing this because im against Trobalt, im even taking it myself.

@grate_biff

theres no trick...Trobalt will get you high as f*ck. The Trick is not being on trobalt.
And funny thing danny never disclosed that he never stopped Trobalt.

so....dont believe everything you read here. Especially when all the "cure" talk comes from one person, who obviously has been on drugs for a long time.
Test trobalt for yourself. Dont get rickrolled.

Again, I don't change my stance on trobalt. It's not a drug which is nice at all. Yes, it may have changed my life, but that's for me. I don't recommend trobalt to everyone, as they may not get the same results as me or MPT. I can only let you know of my experiences. Honestly, why would I rickroll anyone? I am not the only one, MPT has been totally cured and hasn't come back and no wonder why, if people will only criticise. I came here hopeless and lost, but I came out strong and I don't want to come down and be ridiculed.

Honestly, I never told any to go on trobalt. If you asked me in PM, should I go on trobalt? I would say only in extreme circumstances. If someone is about to kill themselves I want to prevent that. Do you seriously think I want people to die? No way. I care about every singe person, even if they don't like me. Why? Because I know how horrible tinnitus is. In no way, would I want in an ideal world for anyone to take trobalt, as it's very harsh in terms of side-effects. I am very consistent on this matter.

...And even if he did, there is no way I would know where to look with his +3000 posts consisting of one-liners!

a (concerned) passerby

You've just done one yourself lol. Irony. Anyway, attheedgeofscience why are you using a different profile? Very strange.

I am truly happy for you too, DB:)!! You are an inspiration to us all with your investigative nature and determination to beat this shit.
Can you please disclose now exactly what you did this time which seemed to have done the trick You said you had a experiment going on. As I understand it was still a combination of Trobalt, Keppra and Campral. What did you do this time you think that resolved your T. Please elaborate. Don´t hold back now, friend;). Give me an extended reply please....

I wouldn't recommend anything I do. I take endless supplements to protect myself against side-effects. Everything I said about trobalt is true. It may have helped me, but I had to be on it for such a long time and seriously I was desperate. I didn't want to die, I was a coward. I spent thousands of pounds and begged people. So really tinnitus has destroyed me for the past 13 months but has enlightened me about the suffering of millions and educated me beyond what I'm used to. Really, I should keep my mouth shut.

For trobalt the results are mixed and they sure are. If you take trobalt, the early stages are what seems to be the best time. The later stages just seem to be very mixed. Anyway, I'm a different case as really I took silly dosages because I was again desperate. I'm not an inspiration to nobody. The people who you should take inspiration from, are people who have lived with this condition for many moons and people that fight their condition and still help people. I'm no hero never was and never wanted to be. I just like to help people as much as I can.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now