Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Can someone post what is the situation with this and other meds and research on the cure?

Huge question, half of this forum is about it and all topics are still opened. So if u have enough time, read this 200 pages about rtg (trobalt in croatia). There are some great informations, some successful results (last one Danny Boy). My advice read posts by member @benryu on this thread, they are very good for understanding of many things.

I wasnt aware of these conditions either. Given the terrible nature of t and h, you'd think there would be more awareness but there is none. Every day I go on the internet and see advertisements for headphones, ipods, gaming surround sound amplification headsets. This shit is so common now its ridiculous. This is an underground problem promoted by the mainstream.

I wasnt aware of these conditions either. Given the terrible nature of t and h, you'd think there would be more awareness but there is none. Every day I go on the internet and see advertisements for headphones, ipods, gaming surround sound amplification headsets. This shit is so common now its ridiculous. This is an underground problem promoted by the mainstream.
IMO the devices you own aren't the biggest threat. It's the devices you don't own and you are unable to adjust the volume (movies, clubs, bars, highways). Most of the people naturally tend to turn volume down if the volume is uncomfortable.

Does anyone have info if the persons size/weight matters regarding Trobalt dosage?

Too bad that the user experiences does not include weight :)

I'm getting my meds tomorrow and my GP gave me pretty free hands what comes to dosage. I'm fairly big and tall guy so I was thinking about starting 3x100 Mg instead of 3x50 Mg.

I actually started trobalt up again. I did mention I was experimenting. Anyway, it worked. By the way, I never stopped using keppra or campral.
Thanks for that mate. I'm glad you've got better. By the way, just to keep everyone updated. I don't have tinnitus anymore. I woke up today to silence.

Hi Danny can I ask you please that when you were using Kepra and Campral how much of these did you use and did you take them at the same time along with the Trobalt, were they easy to come by or do you need a description, apologies for so many questions just that I need to get some more trobalt and I would really like to experiment as you had.

Thank you
Fred

I'm getting my meds tomorrow and my GP gave me pretty free hands what comes to dosage. I'm fairly big and tall guy so I was thinking about starting 3x100 Mg instead of 3x50 Mg.
I started 100 mg three times a day with no problems height 177 weight 81 kilos

from what i have seen in the forum and my own experience (recent acoustic trauma) you (banana man) should have good results. And my suggestion will be to have it with food after 200 mg a take to avoid the rhythmic synaptic firing La LA la land that i went to a couple of times.

I started 100 mg three times a day with no problems height 177 weight 81 kilos
from what i have seen in the forum and my own experience (recent acoustic trauma) you (banana man) should have good results. And my suggestion will be to have it with food after 200 mg a take to avoid the rhythmic synaptic firing La LA la land that i went to a couple of times.
Roger, I think Ill go first day 3 x 50Mg and next day 3 x 100 Mg just see how Trobalt affects me. But I should be fine if I compare our measures and size actually has effect (I'm 188cm and 110Kg).

Btw, you can tag people by using @ -mark and start typing the nick name. Some people may miss your response if you don't :)

@Zechariah
thanks did not now that. Hoping to see your updates and wow you are indeed a giant. When it works you will feel a happy drowsy feeling and then suddenly your t will be gone and then is slowly raises in two to 5 hours but lower than before. It can be a awe inspiring moment (i cried like a baby, shhhhhh dont tell). Also you should now and i forgot to tell in the forum i got a little bit of sexual disfunction will using it (soldier got up but could not finish the task) it might not be related to trobalt since i am 48, did any one have that effect??

@Zechariah
thanks did not now that. Hoping to see your updates and wow you are indeed a giant. When it works you will feel a happy drowsy feeling and then suddenly your t will be gone and then is slowly raises in two to 5 hours but lower than before. It can be a awe inspiring moment (i cried like a baby, shhhhhh dont tell). Also you should now and i forgot to tell in the forum i got a little bit of sexual disfunction will using it (soldier got up but could not finish the task) it might not be related to trobalt since i am 48, did any one have that effect??
No problem, and thanks for the warning about erectile dysfunction. I can warn my girlfriend in advance that there may be some performance issues :)

PS. Being giant is subjective. I'm the shortest and almost the lightest one compared to my male siblings and cousings... :)

Does anyone have info if the persons size/weight matters regarding Trobalt dosage?

Too bad that the user experiences does not include weight :)

yes, i am a pretty big guy (was around 220 lb when i started). i didn't feel anything much until around 250mg three times a day. it really kicked in at 300mg three times a day, but i really don't think weight makes too big a difference. i think everyone should start at at least 100mg three times a day because anything less is just a waste.

Ok, to my knowledge weight is almost always one factor which is related to either drugs efficiency (less mass, more efficient) or to the side effects (more mass, less side effects).
I am 100 percent sure I read this but unfortunately can`t find it ... anyway, the fact that the doctor does n`t weigh you and there is no indication in the leaflet (which BMI sensitive drugs do have) should be enough to conclude body weight has little to no influence on the dosage.

EDIT. found the paper.

copy from paper page 11:

Body weight
In a population pharmacokinetic analysis, retigabine clearance increased with increasing body surface
area. However, this increase is not considered tobe clinically meaningful, and since retigabine is titrated according to individual patient response and tolerability, dose-adjustments are not required onthe basis of body weight.

the most thorough and insightful paper on Retigabine.

Should be read by anyone wanting to or taking Retigabine!

http://ec.europa.eu/health/documents/community-register/2011/2011032899228/anx_99228_en.pdf

I need some help here. So, my neurolog will call me in 8 days and I will ask him about Trobalt. I am only 21 years old, have had tinnitus for 11 years and I think i wanna try this. I am in the university and i am having a hard time studying in silence with my loud tinnitus... so some relief would be great.
Does anyone here know how trobalt effect studying, will i get tired, dizzy etc?

I need some help here. So, my neurolog will call me in 8 days and I will ask him about Trobalt. I am only 21 years old, have had tinnitus for 11 years and I think i wanna try this. I am in the university and i am having a hard time studying in silence with my loud tinnitus... so some relief would be great.

At the beginning yes, at some point while raising to the proper dosage you will probably feel dizzy for about 20 to 30 minutes and then it goes away (you can lessen the effect if you have it with food). Tired no. As far if it i will work for you right away or at all, i will be interested to see since you had your tinnitus for so long. If you can get a hold of it and under proper supervision (there are things to check before you take it and you should be supervised by your neurologist) i hope it does work for you or at least give you some relief as it did me (i am very relieved but not cured).

for the two months that i took it, i was not able to do anything very complicated. thankfully it was a very slow two months at work, and i worked from home. i think ideally you should wait till your break, set aside 2-3 months of your life for this trial, and do it right.

@Leo1994 It really depends as we're all different, for me it's ok to work and do complicated things while taking trobalt (as i only feel a mild highness and relaxation, feeling a bit joyful for a bit fof time, but no more), but i can understand that for most people it can be difficult ...from time to time if i do something really complicated i may have to wait 20-30 minutes to do it, so generally what i'll do is to temporary switch to another task, simple as that, no big deal honestly ... it's also ok for me to have work meetings, stuff like that ... and i'm not the only one like this, if i remember well i think @Mpt didn't have concentrations problems or stuff like that, just a bit of tiredness at the end of the day ... but the only way to know if you'll be able to study while being on this drug is just to try ... then depending on 1. the relief you may experience from trobalt 2. the effect it'll have or not on your ability to work and study, it will be a kind of cost/benefits analysis between the 2 points I've just raised above.
Hope this helps

@amandine
update with me: t is still low, and is not much of an issue with me anymore. i don't notice it much, and when i do it doesn't bother me.

good to see that other people are joining in our informal trial. i would urge those that are starting this drug to do a search on this thread for my posts and read through them as i feel as though i have provided some good information regarding RTG. other people with informative posts are @attheedgeofscience @benryu @jazz @Zimichael and perhaps a few others, all mostly at the beginning of the thread.

@grate_biff i think one thing you will notice is that the tone of your T will purify and then distortion will go away. my H went away as well (which, as I have said before, was most of the suffering for me - the H). I think @Geo this will happen for you as well, please let us know. also i must emphasize that you should get up to at least 300mg x 3 times a day, and i would highly recommend doing at least a few weeks on 400mg x 3 times day. good luck guys, and please keep us updated with your progress.

I don`t know what is more annoying for studying .. Tinnitus or a bubble brain caused by RTG.

Read the paper I posted few posts above, inform yourself about the basics like getting doctor examination first and such ...

But realize that is no cure and the side effects are such that your brain will have trouble remembering things or focusing and typing is n`t easy either ... this will last at least 2 months and longer I don`t know but I guess it stays to some degree.

I have read everything you guys have said. Thx for the input. So, my doctor will call me in 7 days and he is one of the top neurologs in Sweden. I will ask him about all these things and I will let you guys know what he says. The thing is, I am physically pretty strong, and I hope I am strong enough to resist the tiredness, dizzyness etc.

What I am thinking right now is that there is no reason why I should not try it? Right? I mean, if the cons with Trobalt overweight the pros I can just quit it?

I bet many here would also like to know if Trobalt can help someone who have had tinnitus for over 10+ years ;)

With best regards

I have read everything you guys have said. Thx for the input. So, my doctor will call me in 7 days and he is one of the top neurologs in Sweden. I will ask him about all these things and I will let you guys know what he says. The thing is, I am physically pretty strong, and I hope I am strong enough to resist the tiredness, dizzyness etc.

What I am thinking right now is that there is no reason why I should not try it? Right? I mean, if the cons with Trobalt overweight the pros I can just quit it?

I bet many here would also like to know if Trobalt can help someone who have had tinnitus for over 10+ years ;)

With best regards
@Leo1994 Hey Leo I wish you all the luck man keep us informed

With best regards
has nothing to do with muscle strenght ... I`m strong too and I have had many experiences with diffrent kinds of drugs ... RTG is strong and at a few moments knocked me out like no other drug has ever done.

I havn`t yet told you guys about the day when Trobalt hit me while I was leaving the house and was so out of it it took me maybe 10 minutes to figure out how to put on my vest ... truly! some moments your dumber and less able than a bloody seaweed...

but I am one of those that feels i`s worth to try at least a few months. keep check of all side effects of course. :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now