Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I wonder if autifony is giving mixed results after each tablet like retigabine does for me:(
Valeri ... after reading this thread and knowing previous experiences of people you should not let yourself be carried away with idle hopes. I sometiems had better results at 200 than 300 but like i said before ... not unless 1200 you can start making judgements ...

You are experimenting with your brain ... an organism so complex and under influnece of even your intake of food and if you smoke or not and all those things ... if you eat a MARS bar you will have diffrent experience of Trobalt ... for sure ... I quit smoking and am trying to quit sugar all togehter ... this will give me more stable results.

Valeri ... after reading this thread and knowing previous experiences of people you should not let yourself be carried away with idle hopes. I sometiems had better results at 200 than 300 but like i said before ... not unless 1200 you can start making judgements ...

You are experimenting with your brain ... an organism so complex and under influnece of even your intake of food and if you smoke or not and all those things ... if you eat a MARS bar you will have diffrent experience of Trobalt ... for sure ... I quit smoking and am trying to quit sugar all togehter ... this will give me more stable results.

Nills, yesterday was a good day on 600mg.
This morning 200 did zilch and by 10am I was in panic and took another 100. Zero effect.
Reactiveness was just too much so I left work just before lunch time.
Do you also have problem with reactive t?
Is it more difficult to treat?
I don't know but I'm puzzled why rtg keeps giving me mixed results.
So it's not the case that taking 200 works better than 300 but for me 200 sometimes does nothing.
That worries me!

well if his auidogram is perfect it was perfect before (hearing doesn`t heal by itself)
I don't think this is true. I have read a lot of reports of people who show a notch in their hearing shortly after an acoustic trauma or infection, and then show much less HL in another audiogram done 6-12 months later.

@nills
I had loss in my left ear around 45 dB in 6000 k and 35 dB in 8000k two weeks after trauma
Now 6 months later up to 30 dB in 6000 k and 8000k perfectly normal at 5db

I don't think this is true. I have read a lot of reports of people who show a notch in their hearing shortly after an acoustic trauma or infection, and then show much less HL in another audiogram done 6-12 months later.
Yep you're right , temporary threshold shift can take up to months to come back , but usually always isn't like it was before trauma

Fluctuations of my tinnitus during the last couple of week using trobalt.
I started taking it since 21/08

upload_2015-10-1_17-8-13.png

hi , just wondering did trobalda really working on doses ? or maybe it time works ? for smaller doses but more time does the thing. and does trobalda have time fading/tolerance effect like benzos have . or not ?

the graph is about my third box. two weeks after finish my second box my T raised gradually
Ok so when it raised gradually did it go back to how it was before trobalt?

Then your graph shows you during your third box whilst you were taking trobalt yes? So presumably you have not stopped taking since your third box - you are still using your third box so you dont know if it will go up back to normal if you stop taking it? did i understand correctly? Thanks for your info....other people like danny and mpt took trobalt after three months start - do you think that it is true that taking it a year or so after you got T means it will not be so successful?

I have had T for 10 months. I am going to start trobalt next week. Did you slowly taper up? What dose did you start with? I am desperate now. It is my last option. I can't deal anymore. My life is falling apart. My marriage is almost over. I can't seem to rise above this. Any suggestions?

@amandine
yes amandine it seems trobalt do its work well.but if I stop trobalt again will I return to hell (n). no I don't want to return :(:(:(:(:(

You can go up and down...

tell me how much do you pay in euro box of 100mg?

I have had T for 10 months. I am going to start trobalt next week. Did you slowly taper up? What dose did you start with? I am desperate now. It is my last option. I can't deal anymore. My life is falling apart. My marriage is almost over. I can't seem to rise above this. Any suggestions?

tell me how much do you pay in euro box of 100mg?

Well, I have no clue...It just disappeared one day and I stopped trobalt straight away and it hasn't came back. It was random.

but you are still using keppra as you said, and some natural meds and one more med

in spain 84 pills 200mg cost 110 euros.
Also to me working better 200mg rtg + 250mg keppra than 400mg rtg

I don't know how much it costs a box of 100 mg I used to buy 200 mg 125 Euros in spain.
I paid my fourth box 65.50 Euros but this time from Paris with prescription ;).

a ok, nice, price is ca 52-55 € , regular price, and on net is much more expensive, i thing Europe have it much cheaper, and Austria only is overly expensive, they earn a lot of money on sick people in USA. but i seen today that USA is worst considering prices of medication.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now