Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Has Trobalt worked for anybody with chronic T ???? I'm going through the treads now....so much to read I don't have too much time in between my classes to do the research.... just wondering if anybody new of someone that got at least some relief.... Thanx

Seriously. How does passerby know so much about potassium channel modulators, when he's only been on here since July? Very strange. Few weeks ago, he didn't know how to inbox people. This week he knows so much about how these drugs works, that he could write an essay on them. Am I the only one baffled? Has he taken trobalt before?

Anyway, Linerab. I would be very careful with trobalt, as it can cause serious problems with eyesight and kidneys. I have noticed some visual acuity has diminished and that it can cause issues with kidneys. I had so many water infections that it just was out of the ordinary, to the point where my kidneys had become infected and my white cell blood count was elevated to 16. I also have so many bloody floaters from taking it. The drug is dangerous and should be off the market and revised for safety. I was desperate, but I will never ever take trobalt again. If the devil created drugs, trobalt would be his masterpiece.
You continue to have permanent floaters from taking Trobalt?

High DannyBoy one thing is for sure....floaters can be treated.... it has been done to me (vitrectomy) and I have no floaters anymore and also did not developed cataract (which a risk when doing a vitrectomy, but also one I was willing to take )....but since you are getting floater from Trobalt....Trobalt is not my drug to use in the future. I had severe eyefloaters and I hated it just as much as T. The only time I did not noticed them is when I was closing my eyes. A vitrectomy is very heavy on your eyes so for me it was a onetime thing.

I just received my tVNS device so I will see how that goes. If you need any info on the treatment of eyefloaters you can PM me.

36 hours without tinnitus, hi my friends does my T leave me forever. Is it a natural cure or thanks to the combo drug of trobalt and neurontin,believe me now I'm not afraid to be in the place of this man
upload_2015-10-9_15-39-26.png

@preslys
I assume 200 mg of trobalt, but how much neurotin?
600 mg

@preslys

my friend elvis you might up to something good. I want to wait in case is just placebo effect or something but as soon as I saw your message I went to buy Neurontin 300 mg. I took one yesterday afternoon and one in the morning between my trobalt takes *I did not want to take them with trobalt in the same take* and this is the most quiet it has been since I started. Usually after taking trobalt it goes down to zero or to 1 or 2 and then it creeps up slowly after the first hour up to 4 near the time of the next pill. Today I took trobalt at 3 am its now 10:32 am and I am at zero. Hopefully its not placebo and it will continue like that.

@Lloyd Carter
I never said I was cured it has just been the most quiet or lasting effect since I started taking trobalt. To be cured will be not have any tinnitus after leaving treatment so sadly I would not consider either elvis or me cured yet.

@Lloyd Carter
I never said I was cured it has just been the most quiet or lasting effect since I started taking trobalt. To be cured will be not have any tinnitus after leaving treatment so sadly I would not consider either elvis or me cured yet.
But you said you're at zero, meaning you can't hear ANYTHING, right?

@Lloyd Carter

Yes my zero its not hearing anything with my ears unplugged. If I plug my ears I hear a small faint eeee in my right ear, nothing in my left.

And yes i had moments like this usually 20 to 30 minutes after taking the pill (trobalt), but never lasted this long as today so i am cautiously optimistic about the retigabine-neurontin mix will see

Very interesting developments

one take one pill

If it is really thanks to this cocktail I have to thank GSK for Trobalt and Pfiser for Neurontin these drugs based really on real science.

@Markku Can you delete all threads in research news and just keep the autifony and SciFluor threads :LOL:

How did you find about neurontin ? did you just try the combo on your own ?

@preslys

my friend elvis you might up to something good. I want to wait in case is just placebo effect or something but as soon as I saw your message I went to buy Neurontin 300 mg. I took one yesterday afternoon and one in the morning between my trobalt takes *I did not want to take them with trobalt in the same take* and this is the most quiet it has been since I started. Usually after taking trobalt it goes down to zero or to 1 or 2 and then it creeps up slowly after the first hour up to 4 near the time of the next pill. Today I took trobalt at 3 am its now 10:32 am and I am at zero. Hopefully its not placebo and it will continue like that.

How do you guys get the prescriptions for this drug (neurontin)? did you just ask your GP ?

Thanks

also nice combo with temporary results is trobalt + keppra + nac + yogurt (30 mins after taking pills)

also nice combo with temporary results is trobalt + keppra + nac + yogurt (30 mins after taking pills)
i wish i could get keppra but they dont sell it here. will try neurontin for a while and see what happens. Again i am not implying that i am cured just that since yesterday it has been unusually quiet *not gone completly right now in total silence in my room is about a 2 to 3, outside i will have to say maybe 1.

maybe tomorrow will be back to 3 or 4 and will have to raise trobalt dose again who knows right now i am at 200 mg am, 300 mg midday and 300 mg at night of trobalt and since yestarday 300 mg twice a day neurontin.

I am just telling about the experience do not want to confuse or give any false hope.

i wish i could get keppra but they dont sell it here. will try neurontin for a while and see what happens. Again i am not implying that i am cured just that since yesterday it has been unusually quiet *not gone completly right now in total silence in my room is about a 2 to 3, outside i will have to say maybe 1.

maybe tomorrow will be back to 3 or 4 and will have to raise trobalt dose again who knows right now i am at 200 mg am, 300 mg midday and 300 mg at night of trobalt and since yestarday 300 mg twice a day neurontin.

I am just telling about the experience do not want to confuse or give any false hope.

That's all we can do is share our experiences. Hopefully Autifony will be out soon and we won't suffer anymore. Also wonder what AM-102 is? If it's another injection to the ear that's wasteful.

"Research shows that tinnitus arises within the central nervous system, and may be caused by increased neural activity in regions of central auditory pathway. Thus treatments for tinnitus need to focus on targets within the brain, and not the cochlea." I believe in Autifony myself. Auris sound like they care, but hopefully AM-102 is something special.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now