Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

No i had the luck that someone i knew was passing by exactly at the time i ran out. So he bought them and send it to me by mail.

How are you feeling today??? :) Glad you have had a couple of quiet days...
I dont want to jinx it but i am feeling good, in the morning and afternoon did not notice unless i plug my ears, in the evening it did raise a little bit but by the next pill a 7 pm it went away. Today the only eeeee i hear is from some machines in my work place. I will give it a couple of days maybe more to post but i think the combo is helping.

I had a hiperactive bladder before taking trobalt, thats gone now. happy side effect.

Please talk about side effects...
Just a little bit wooozy for about and hour, 20 to 30 minutes after taking trobalt. Neurontin i take between the trobalt (about four hours) and no side effects. I did have some weird episodes of lost time and confusion but those are gone now.

Just a little bit wooozy for about and hour, 20 to 30 minutes after taking trobalt. Neurontin i take between the trobalt (about four hours) and no side effects. I did have some weird episodes of lost time and confusion but those are gone now.

When you taper off you may get the jitters...

@Danny Boy
Took trobalt at 4 am and Neurontin 300 mg at 8 am, its 12 pm and I am still at 0, only if I plug my ears I hear a very very faint sound. I am hoping it will continue like that

yesterday and today i took neurotin( 100 mg.) and muscle relaxer( zaneflex 2mg..) and my tinnitus is a bit lower. im just trying some combinations with what meds i have. i will see what happens.. sometimes when i took ibuprofin 300 mg my tinnitus went to a 0-1 or 2.. but not every time... weird!!!

@monacco in france you can get it with prescription.
So find a neurologist to write you a prescription.

thank you my freinds yes as I know some GB in france prescrib this kind of meds ,this thursday I will move to Paris to see my freind, he works as GB in hospital ,I will see if he can prescribe this meds.

@monaco your T is fresh so you must try corticosteroids ( methylprednisolone ) now.
Don't loose time with retigabine first you must try is corticosteroids.

Hi all

I received a lot of private messages I can not answer all of you

I am off medication totally and I don't hear my tinnitus any more @nills .@letyO

Yes trobalt and neurontin disappeared my T, 3 days after my last dose my tinnitus still 0 so it happened suddenly before bed my T was a 6, it bothered me a lot so I decided to take a high dose, I took 200 mg of trobalt and 600 mg of neurotin I woke up at 2.00 I tried to hear it but I heard only the silence of my room .it was like the fly in my head is dead. We are all different I advice no one to take this combo of drug glad I have no side effect.

As you know some side effect are dangerous than tinnitus ,some of them can come suddenly like the eye floaters it's irreversible .
@papu
as I see you are going to take a big risk you have to be careful.

this is pretty incredible. anyone have any ideas about what might be going on here? at the very beginning of this thread, some people (@Zimichael , @benryu) discussed the possibility of using GABA medication to augment/solidify the effect of RTG, but i don't think anyone ever tried, till now.

as an update, i am doing great, half my days are at 0, and the other days are 1-2 and i am not bothered by it at all. i had planned on doing another RTG course this winter, but have cancelled that plan since my t is no longer an issue, but if this neurontin/RTG combo can bring it to ZERO permanently, i might try it. i hope some other people can try this combo out and see if they can get the same effects. congratulations and please keep us updated @preslys and @papu.

And yet the autifony trials are potentially abandoned (we have to wait for confirmation news on this). So Trobalt was developed by Dr Charles Large who is the CEO of Autifony and the Autifony drug was based on the Trobalt drug......now we have many anecdotes that the trobalt has helped a lot and now we have three people who have mixed the anti epileptic drugs - 1. @Danny Boy who mixed it with Keppra and 2. @preslys who mixed it with Neurontin and another member who mixed also with Neurontin (forgot his name sorry).
So Trobalt and another anti epileptic drug like Neurontin kills the T stone dead, which I agree with @locoyeti, this is truly amazing news to come in.
Thank you to @preslys for reporting this.
So how come Autifony are giving up like this, well we dont know yet and cant know if they are or arent until we get official confirmation - Danny Boy did tell me also that the extra Gaba helped yes and would tie in with the idea that stuff like Xanax helps to get it down even tho temporarily.
I would love to do a Trobalt and Neurontin mix even tho it is yes dangerous stuff.......I just want rid of the noise and will mix what I have to mix to get rid of it.....I am sure there are many others who wold be willing to do a mix of these drugs to see if it helps. Trouble is getting hold of the drugs.....!!

@locoyeti so glad to hear that your T has subsided to practically gone - well done!

Well guys, after two days of complete zero (could not hear unless i plugged my ears and then only a faint ee) after introducing 600 mg of neurotin, today i woke up to a 4 *which is ok i started at a 7*, its early i will have to see if its a spike and it will lower later. I am at 800 mg a day of trobalt and 900 mg of neurotin. The day it still early i will wait and if continues like that will do 900 mg trobalt. @preslys i am very happy for you, hope it keeps like that.

this is pretty incredible. anyone have any ideas about what might be going on here? at the very beginning of this thread, some people (@Zimichael , @benryu) discussed the possibility of using GABA medication to augment/solidify the effect of RTG, but i don't think anyone ever tried, till now.

I've tried RTG with benzos, tegretol, lyrica, neurontin, beta blockers, you name it.
There is definitely some interaction and potentiaton going on but it depends on the person taking the drugs. The effect was certainly not permanent for me. Ymmv.

Benzos and RTG is a laugh though. Zero tinnitus for 2-3 hours and so high that I was trying to shut down my desktop computer with the TV remote (even changed the batteries on the thing, I was convinced that there was no other way to turn off the pc).

I've tried RTG with benzos, tegretol, lyrica, neurontin, beta blockers, you name it.
There is definitely some interaction and potentiaton going on but it depends on the person taking the drugs. The effect was certainly not permanent for me.
At what dosage were you using trobalt (retigabene) when you mixed it with the other drugs please and how long were you on the trobalt for and were you on a consistent dose? thanks

This is exciting...and scary . I was expecting another prescription of Trobalt to try this for real but my Dr is not answering my calls ....dammit.

I suspect my Dr of being a drug addict ...

This is exciting...and scary . I was expecting another prescription of Trobalt to try this for real but my Dr is not answering my calls ....dammit.
Well it is a Sunday LOL - seriously though will your doc give you for both trobalt and neurontin and would you be prepared to try the both of them? I know I would as dangerous as it is.......if I could get it that is - docs here are not so understanding .....

I have been trying to reach him for two weeks , pharmacy has ordered the drugs ...they are on a so called exception list and they need a phone call from my doc to hand it over to me.

And yes , I am prepared to go all in.

Beware of Neurontin , it is ototoxic in the prospectus ringing in the ears appears as a side effect. If you try once the combo Rtg + Neurontin and works as a great presleys... congrats!! Otherwise , you must think twice keep it as high doses for long time.

@monacco why do you say one pill of trobalt and one pill of neurontin ?
He said he too 200mg trobalt and 600 mg neurontin , you might mean one dosage ?
@preslys was this a one time dosage of both drugs ? Very interesting development , hope it stays for you :)

My plan was to go a few months - 4 on trobalt , but I might try a few days of trobalt and then the combo.
@preslys can you please tell us for how long you took what dosage before you did the combination?

i took my combination as i did yesterday... and my tinnitus blasted away even louder.. like my brain would explode if it could get any louder.wtf??im so tired of this crap...nothing to help us manage it! im just venting...sorry!

@jeannie what combination specifically ? Trobalt neurontin or trobalt ibuprofen ?
I would stay well away from ibuprofen and diclofenac , pretty much to only thing I can absolutely count on spiking my T.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now