Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

It is the end... I don't know, what i can do now... I take now RtgRt 300 3xday and Neurontin 300 mg 2x day... I hope my tinnitus dissapeard but they are... I hope that autifony help us, but now I am very sad and tired everythings... I can't live with this... It is tragedy for me... Bye bye...
Adriano, we all live with this BS so will you.
Some people take years to habituate.
T can go away, can become lower, can become manageable. Even after years.
We are here in this together and go through this together.
Don't give up.

Please do not give in. I was suicidal just 2 weeks ago. I am also taking Trobalt and thus far no change. My tinnitus is still loud and at times annoying but I find that I am starting to habituate. There are times when I do not even hear it. I am actually starting to enjoy my life again. If you are starting to feel hopeless stop taking the the Trobalt as someone else recommended. Talk to someone. I see a therapist once a week, I walk every morning, I try to meet with a friend every day, I help someone if they need it. Get out every day. Mask with music or natural sounds until you feel stronger. Life IS worth living. You WILL get better but will take time.

With the recent news about AUT00063, I went looking this evening to see if there was information on Trobalt trials. It turns out there is information on several - some are recent or on-going. I haven't looked at these closely, but I did see that a couple involving children have been terminated after being put on hold at the request of the FDA. To the extent that results are available, it might be useful information for anyone considering Trobalt. It's a shame that they apparently haven't looked at tinnitus as a secondary outcome.

http://www.gsk-clinicalstudyregister.com/compounds/retigabine#ps
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/results?term=retigabine&Search=Search

first pill I will see what it gives

upload_2015-10-17_14-49-52.png

rtg don't work to me anymore i get 3x400mg and i have no result also no side effects no high feeling nothing...
Perhaps pills are fake.

Iam thinking to increse the dose to 3x800mg but i fear my eyes..

Its not fake. You just got used to it. I had no effects on 3x400 in the late stage of the 40 days that I took it. The miracle-moments also disappeared, where the T went from 10 to 3 for 5-30 minutes as I described somewhere in this thread.
the first weeks I was high as Rick James on 3x400mg

@Danny Boy

Sorry to hear that.

It is strange, you would think that being t free for such an extended time would break the endless loop.

Well, Christian did warn me this would happen. Can't really do much. Well, here's to 10-20 years suffering... Thanks Autifony.

Danny, u should take at least 15 days break of TT, while u were with 0 t.
If u again bring your t. to 0, do that!
We all like u being here, but u have to know that u are most important to yourself and to your kid!

PS. try @preslys combo, trobalt + Neurontin. It seems like an effective thing

Me too amandine, in my head. I do seem to be habituating fairly well though as a lot of the time these days I don't notice my T so much.
That said, I think the process of habituation can be a bit of a double edged sword - because I don't notice my T a lot of the time now, when I do it really upsets me. This week has been a bit of a bad week as I've had a couple of bad days - I think the disappointment of Autifony going bump has put me in a sad frame of mind. But it'll pass and things will improve again. Life's for living and I'm not gonna let T stop me from living it ! I think we're getting ever closer to an effective treatment - we learn from the failures (Aut63) and progress follows !

Me too amandine, in my head. I do seem to be habituating fairly well though as a lot of the time these days I don't notice my T so much.
That said, I think the process of habituation can be a bit of a double edged sword - because I don't notice my T a lot of the time now, when I do it really upsets me. This week has been a bit of a bad week as I've had a couple of bad days - I think the disappointment of Autifony going bump has put me in a sad frame of mind. But it'll pass and things will improve again. Life's for living and I'm not gonna let T stop me from living it ! I think we're getting ever closer to an effective treatment - we learn from the failures (Aut63) and progress follows !

I think that fail of AUT has affected most of us, no matter how each of us had hope on AUT.

Simply the fact that there will be no cure in next 8-10 years for sure, developed bad mood in our subconsciousness. It is not easy to accept that fact, to be honest. I think that we still are not aware that AUT's fail simply means no relief until 2025. :/

I think it's wrong to say there will be know cure / treatment for 8-10 years. That is just conjecture on your part and is in no way based on fact. Please don't post statements you cannot substantiate with facts.
No-one knows when a treatment may come along . . . that is a fact.

I think it's wrong to say there will be know cure / treatment for 8-10 years. That is just conjecture on your part and is in no way based on fact. Please don't post statements you cannot substantiate with facts.
No-one knows when a treatment may come along . . . that is a fact.

Where did I stated "there will be know cure / treatment for 8-10 years" ?

I have said that there will be NO cure in 8 to 10 years. Facts, hm,
1st one- Developing new drug is process of at least 8 years, so if some drug stars phase I in 2016, until 2024 can not be on the market.

U know that same as i do,I would give everything I have that cure comes out next year, in 2017, 2018, but now when AUT63 is out of game, it simply can not be happened.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now