Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I have to admit , I am a bit discouraged with this whole Trobalt thing seeing that It started again for you @Danny Boy .
I have spent the last few weeks battling the health care system to get this poison and now I am not sure anymore.
Its very hard to follow all these posts and sort of get a clear view of the situation.
What is the bottom line here , has this stuff worked for anyone now that @Danny Boy is back with T ?

What is the bottom line here , has this stuff worked for anyone now that @Danny Boy is back with T ?
@preslys is T free now hopefully permanently and Danny Boy is down to a 1 again after taking Trobalt again and hopefully permanently too......@Juan Carlos did well on Trobalt too....but I agree with you that this is all very worrying.....quite a few of us are now very concerned.

I have to admit , I am a bit discouraged with this whole Trobalt thing seeing that It started again for you @Danny Boy .
I have spent the last few weeks battling the health care system to get this poison and now I am not sure anymore.
Its very hard to follow all these posts and sort of get a clear view of the situation.
Imo consult a healthcare professional instead of self-educated "professionals". In addition check user experiences thread for experiences in case you still haven't.

Information value of random messages in this thread is near to zero.

@Zechariah a health care professional would tell me , dont touch that shit . I know because they already did.
But then again they are the same ones that tell me to "get used to it" ...not my favourite people.
I have checked the user experiences ,, will do so again before I go ahead. :)

@Zechariah a health care professional would tell me , dont touch that shit . I know because they already did.
But then again they are the same ones that tell me to "get used to it" ...not my favourite people.
I have checked the user experiences ,, will do so again before I go ahead. :)
Then there is two options, find someone who has prescribed Trobalt or form your own opinion by reading scientific Retigabine related articles. You shouldn't let the fact, that T came back to someone who has consumed loads of self-planned drug cocktails, scare you. Concentrate on getting rid of T in the first place.

I see what you mean although TT would be my source as most articles do not address Trobalt and T .
I have tried Trobalt , it worked wonders for my T but I was too scared to go all in .
Guess I got to man up ;)

Hello everybody
At first, sorry for my poor English..
I'm a daily reader here since 6 months ago, which my T started unfortunately after a high frequency hearing loss.
My T is about 6 or 7, and really it damaged my life at all..
I'd like to thank you for your all advices and support..

I see what you mean although TT would be my source as most articles do not address Trobalt and T .
I have tried Trobalt , it worked wonders for my T but I was too scared to go all in .
Guess I got to man up ;)

Then again, most doctors don't have a clue about tinnitus or how to treat it. And they most certainly do not have a clue about what medications can help. Why do you think most people come here? Because there is nowhere else. Anyway, what combo did you plan on undertaking?

Hello everybody
At first, sorry for my poor English..
I'm a daily reader here since 6 months ago, which my T started unfortunately after a high frequency hearing loss.
My T is about 6 or 7, and really it damaged my life at all..
I'd like to thank you for your all advices and support..

I'm truly sorry you suffer like the rest of us. If you need any advice or tips just hit me up or some other members will be kind enough to help you.

@Danny Boy wasnt thinking combo , just Trobalt . Not sufficient ?
I am very, very sensitive to drugs , I am super high after 50 mg , I am sure if I added other drugs to that I would be a useless zombie , I do a lot of troubleshooting in my work and would prefer to have a brain :)

I am very, very sensitive to drugs , I am super high after 50 mg , I am sure if I added other drugs to that I would be a useless zombie , I do a lot of troubleshooting in my work and would prefer to have a brain :)
Yes, don't take any combo. And you don't have to go "all in". Take a step at a time and see how it works for you. Increase the dosage 150mg per week (official recommendation) or slower if you don't feel comfortable.

When you are comfortable with Trobalt you may try these loosely-science-based combos of which danny boy is talking about but don't go there right away (as you wasn't going to it seems).

This really isn't about upping your dosage to max asap. You can taper up at the speed which fits your pharmacological reactivity.

This is just risk management, not rocket science - if it was, most of us would disquilify.

Haha! That's fair enough. Well, keppra is quite safe, just a mild headache and well less of sexual appetite or desire. Well, personally trobalt is enough. I only took keppra alongside because of hyperacusis and reactive tinnitus.

I'm truly sorry you suffer like the rest of us. If you need any advice or tips just hit me up or some other members will be kind enough to help you.

Thank you dear Danny Boy
Hope you will be free from T again and forever soon.
I want to know, did you have Hearing Loss too ? or you had just T ?
Because my T started with moderate hearing loss in left ear and severe hearing loss in right ear 6 months ago, one day which I waked up unfortunately, due to un-known reason (Some doctors told me that it was due to ear infection by a virus and some doctors told me that I had a Brain Stroke in Auditory Cortex of my Brain) !

By all in I mean , sticking with it for a while, last time I just took 50 mg occasionally.
Aspirin approach if you will . Thanks for your advice !

Thank you dear Danny Boy
Hope you will be free from T again and forever soon.
I want to know, did you have Hearing Loss too ? or you had just T ?
Because my T started with moderate hearing loss in left ear and severe hearing loss in right ear 6 months ago, one day which I waked up unfortunately, due to un-known reason (Some doctors told me that it was due to ear infection by a virus and some doctors told me that I had a Brain Stroke in Auditory Cortex of my Brain) !

You had a stroke? Quite difficult to follow. Are you using google translate?

You had a stroke? Quite difficult to follow. Are you using google translate?

No, I don't use google translate.
The first doctor told me that you had a partial stroke in auditory cortex of the brain, but the other doctors told me it was due to a virus infection.
anyway, I've lost my high frequency hearing in my both ears on mid-night when I was slept and after two days from the onset, my T was started.
I want to know whether Trobalte can do anything for Hearing Loss induced T
Thank you

No, I don't use google translate.
The first doctor told me that you had a partial stroke in auditory cortex of the brain, but the other doctors told me it was due to a virus infection.
anyway, I've lost my high frequency hearing in my both ears on mid-night when I was slept and after two days from the onset, my T was started.
I want to know whether Trobalte can do anything for Hearing Loss induced T
Thank you

Yes, trobalt can help with noise induced hearing loss.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now