Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Helped me sleep although upon waking T was as loud as ever. Took another Gabapentin 300 mg and clonopin 0.25 mg and my T was virtually gone for a couple of house. Each one taken alone has no result but taken together has an effect. According to the study these should be taken 3 times a day. I will continue until my next supply shows up. I began having horrible anxiety yesterday but today much much better. I also slept great on this combination. I thin it may work with Trobalt but it mut have something to do with concentation levels in your bloodstream to have a synergistic effect. Something to think about.
This seems to tie in with what @preslys said about taking a combination of trobalt and Neurontin - that seems to gotten rid of his T completely which he had for over a year.....

@amandine raising WBC counts does not lead to cancer. It just means your body is responding to stress or infetcion. It also can be a response to cancer. Anythng can cause cancer. Just takes one cell to bypass the body's defences in correction. Antioxidants helpt to prevent cancer.

@amandine I will monitor my WBC count when I resume taking Trobalt. I am having a hard time believing that this is the case. Steroids can do this as part of a stress reponse. I don't know too many meds that will raise WBC's Phenobarbital can sometime cause bone marrow failure.

Isn't clonopin in same meds as Xanax?I wonder if I took a Xanax and neurotin together?
you would be a zombie ... ! ... and peple talk about these drugs like they are candy... mixing these things can have serious consequences for your mental and physical health ... you shouldn`t even try this without proper knowledge about it ...

Isn't clonopin in same meds as Xanax?I wonder if I took a Xanax and neurotin together?
@jeannie Hi Jeannie I've been taking .25 klonopin and 900 mg gabapentin and it has had a positive effect on my T. I still struggle with T but I do have good days where I actually go out and do things. I know allot of people are against benzo's but my doctor told me if I just take it as scheduled that I shouldn't have a problem just my 2 cents

Just saw a meeurologist to see if she could give me any insight as to what is going on with me and my odd reaction to medications. She actually recommented Gabapentin and increased my dose to 600 mg TID meanwhile weaning off the Klonopin. According to her side effects were minimal and it would not be difficult to discontinue the medication if I felt it was not beneficial at this dose. She preferred I do this prior to restarting Trobalt. As expected she had no real insight as to the cause and treatment. I reluctantly beleive it is up to us to find out what works:( Each case is individual so it will be trial and error. The more important that we report our results with any of these meds and their combinations.

Gabapentin 600mg seemed to make my T worse. Trobalt arrived yesterday afternoon. Started with 200mg right away. Combined it with Gabapentin 600mg (bad idea) then 300mg for the evening dose. This morning shortly after taking both T was not audible. About 30 min after I had a spike for about 30 minutes then no T but had that drunk feeling for 2 hours. No T for almost 12 hours. First time this has happened since I began taking Trobalt alone.

Gabapentin 600mg seemed to make my T worse. Trobalt arrived yesterday afternoon. Started with 200mg right away. Combined it with Gabapentin 600mg (bad idea) then 300mg for the evening dose. This morning shortly after taking both T was not audible. About 30 min after I had a spike for about 30 minutes then no T but had that drunk feeling for 2 hours. No T for almost 12 hours. First time this has happened since I began taking Trobalt alone.
so you think this combination killed your T,
just to compare, how is when taking 300 trobalt alone ?
I didn't experience anything better with this combo. why you first say taking GP 600 is a bad idea ?

hi again, it looks like im spamming today, but i got really interested on RTG as it makes my life so easier to cope. I just was worried about the long term side effects, and found this
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4308410/

where i can read that the dicoloration seems to be reversible
Garin Shklonik and colleagues have reported 2 cases of blue-gray discoloration in 2 women who had been treated with ezogabine for more than 5 years. Skin discoloration had been present for at least 2 years. One patient discontinued ezogabine and had improvement in the skin discoloration

so i guess, taking 200mg per day before sleep may end in reduction of tinnitus in long term, and no bad side effects. Any thoughts? this is the only drug in tha market that really helps. Seems we will have to wait some years for SF0034 unless we manage to get from chinese lab

OMG...I am getting a 4 month batch in an hour. I have spent so much energy getting this stuff and all of a sudden I am super anxious about actually taking it ...:p

OMG...I am getting a 4 month batch in an hour. I have spent so much energy getting this stuff and all of a sudden I am super anxious about actually taking it ...:p
Me too. Have had 5 packs of RTG since july. Havnt started taking it yet. Guess Im waiting for my benzo wthdl symptoms to ease up first. Would be good to taper off of Effexor and Remeron first also me thinks:)

well, Id rather be blue then go completely nuts ...I think ?
the only dermatologic study about two patients that turned blue after years of use, one of them returned to her normal pink rose state in 4 months. The other one stayed blue because she refused to stop taking retigabine since it was doing her a lot of good for epilepsy.

@Juan Carlos taking 600mg of gabapentin sedated me and seemed to make my T worse. The very first time I took gabapentin 300mg in the morning my T went away for a couple of hours. When I took gabapentin 600mg of with Trobalt 200mg I was out for almost 8 hours so I don't know if it affected my T. That evening and next morning I reduced the gabapentin to 300 mg. That morning I get that weird spike in my head and that drunk feeling then the T is gone for 12-13 hours. I had been off Trobalt for about 12 days before this. It seems to have a synergistic effect but not consistent. I have loud T this morning. No spike after taking the meds this time. For me that is the key. I have not taken 300 mg yet but I'm planning on tapering up quickly. I think both meds quiet that area of the brain but it's as if it adjusts quickly and goes back to its former state. Maybe if it's hit hard enough it can be permanent as in preslys case. Maybe it's a matter of finding the right combo for each person. Just guessing here. My experience has been unlike most here. My T disappears after I get that horrible spike in my head every time. Also this only happens after the morning dose. If anyone can give me any insight I would appreciate it.

Please do not misunderstand me. I am not advocating the use of these meds. I personally am not timid when it comes to experimenting with them which is exactly what I am doing. Of concern are kidney function and vision which I will be monitoring closely. My experience has been unlike most here. I am just trying to determine what is effective for me. In my case it may just be a matter of finding that one time high dose which does the trick. I don't know. These meds do have an effect on T although not the same for each person. It may be that a combination of meds is required to generate a positive effect or it just needs to be taken long term to see an effect. Dont't know. I am just desperate to find some relief.

@RaZaH you mentioned that small doses (like 100mg) really affect your t in a good way. So these small doses kinda shield you from the nasty long term side effects. I mean taking 300mg daily is a long way from taking 1200mg a day...
So I'd go for it, unless the drunkenness (if you get that side effect) is interfering too much with your daily activities.

It seems to have a synergistic effect but not consistent.
I must agree with you, i am doing 300 three times a day of trobalt. In the past i tried 300 mg of gabapectin or neurontin between dosage and next day had the best day ever even though i might me cured, but it came back next day to usual trobalt levels (1 or 2 during day, 3 or 4 in silent places with a few spikes up to 7 (previous level before starting trobalt)very rarely. took neurontin next day and nothing happen (back to trobalt levels) so i stop taking it. Today just for experimentation purposes i took 600 mg of neurontin between dosage *trobalt at 12 pm, neurontin at 3 pm and poooof levels went to 0/1 even in silent places until 9 pm. right now 10:30 pm at 1 in my room which is very rare (usually 3/4). Will repeat tomorrow to see what happens.

I took low dose of tizadine and low dose of klonipin and tinnitus went to a 1-2 for 3 days but it didn't work today..and by low dose I mean I have 0.5 klonipin and cut it in half and 2 mg of tizadine and cut it in half.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now