Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

I would like some people to stop scaring others with side effects!
I'm not saying there's no side effects (the list is very long) but every single person will react differently.
So far:
1. No one died
2. No one had any permanent damage

You can eat a strawberry or peanut and die!
I read in this discussion about a man who because of trobalt now has a catheter and will piss through that forever. What about that...?

I would like some people to stop scaring others with side effects!
Better to err on the side of caution than have after the fact regrets IMHO. I guess if you're ready to get the noose out that is a different matter. I would have to ask a neurologist on their opinion first if it was safe to take and if they would be willing to prescribe it.

Better to err on the side of caution than after the fact regrets IMHO.

The fact is that EVERY drug has side effects, no question about that.
But the fact is also that everyone reacts differently, that's the whole point here.
So saying to someone that retigabine is dangerous but you can safely take paracetamol for example is pure stupid coz we don't know how someone may react to usually safe paracetamol.

I've never had any heart issues with trobalt. Could be GABA related.

I'm not sure. It may be the very mild effect trobalt has on the KCNQ1 channel. One research project found it very weakly inhibited this channel. Its indeed been discribed in the MOA of Retigabine. It seems to be more of a minimal risk at the higher or maximum daily dosages.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1528-1167.2011.03365.x/pdf

see 415, fig2

During the trials 2 volunteers took a TID of 900Mg and experienced arrhytmia (irregular heartbeats) for 3-4 hours, and they went back to normal. I read this in some 2011 report of the trials. (it was official). Well, the max TID is a 400 pill anyways. I wouldnt play with fire with this drug.

RTG is definatly the most potent considering KCNQ2-5 channel modulation. The GABA A effect is an added bonus i geuss.

see 417, table1

ps. If this topic gets closed (the user reports are the most important in the longer run), a lot could be condensed into some more up to date FAQ.

I can only say that my T was on a 9/10 or 10/10 one hour ago.
High-pitched tones bombarding my head.
I had to mask with loud cricket sounds.
I took Trobalt 200 mg and it came down to a 3/10 or 4/10 (will see how long, maybe 2-3 hours).
I can sit in silence now or with little background sound without being tensed up.
This is a totally different feeling.

Of course there are side effects. I don't think I would go to 1200 mg.
But I am guess I will take something between 300 and 600 mg (like user Razah) and see what happens.
I hope that SF0034 will be tested soon. I am sure that Retigabine does something on T.

Ok been following this thread for a bit and got my trobalt prescription today. 100mg dosage should be in by next week. I'm still confused what dosage to take three times a day? Benryu I saw you posted a chart with dosage to take every week, starting from three times 50 mg... Is your slow build up been working best? Or is it better to start with 200 or 300mg x3 like some on here do? I guess it depends on the person? Though, I assume slow build up is best? Last but not least, does anyone combine this with nervus vagus stimulation?

@Martin69 My dosage is very erratic while here on holiday , will pull up my pants and go to maximum dosage when back home. Trobalt definitely does something to T in my opinion.

I would agree to this unless you become immune on it. My has reached in last 20 days whole new level, worsening number 8 from a start 2,5 years ago and i think i will hold out 3 days, it was xmas and then new year so i had friends close but now... yes well i lived to 2016, maybe that is enough

Ok been following this thread for a bit and got my trobalt prescription today. 100mg dosage should be in by next week. I'm still confused what dosage to take three times a day? Benryu I saw you posted a chart with dosage to take every week, starting from three times 50 mg... Is your slow build up been working best? Or is it better to start with 200 or 300mg x3 like some on here do? I guess it depends on the person? Though, I assume slow build up is best? Last but not least, does anyone combine this with nervus vagus stimulation?
dude, nobody starts 3x300 ... start slow and read more!!

Yeah sorry my mistake, meant 3x 100mg
the best thing is start low, and move up as much as you feel you can handle ... some people are ok with feeling stoned and they know they should not try anything concerning traffic or sharp objects ... other people freak out because they felt a tingle between there fingers and call the hospital ...

depending the type or person you are ... other protocol is needed.

I have taken many mind altering drugs before ... many ... lsd, xtc, ... and so on ...

nothing ever made me feel as stupid and incompetent as Trobalt (except alcohol ofcourse) ...

@Martin69 Trobalt definitely does something to T in my opinion.

This thread is still in the "trobalt does something for T" phase? I thought we established that more than a half year ago....There were so many user experience posts from me and other people...hmm

I would agree to this unless you become immune on it. My has reached in last 20 days whole new level, worsening number 8 from a start 2,5 years ago and i think i will hold out 3 days, it was xmas and then new year so i had friends close but now... yes well i lived to 2016, maybe that is enough

True...400mg used to lower my T for 1-2h...now it lowers it for maybe 2-5minutes. The drunk feeling helps with the sleep. Also whole new level for me in the last weeks.
2016 is definitely enough for me when you got 10 sounds in 90-100db volume, hyperacusis, vibrating ears feeling...Whats worse than this. Chronic pain?

Too bad autifony failed and cant help people like me. Trobalt really showed promise.

Woke up in complete silence yesterday!
Oh god, I forgot what's it like to be normal.
Today drone is back!
Not sure what to make of this RTG trial! How does this (not) work some days I have no clue!

So your taking RTG?
How'd you get it if your in Australia?
I didnt think the pharmacys or anyone had it in Australia

the best thing is start low, and move up as much as you feel you can handle ... some people are ok with feeling stoned and they know they should not try anything concerning traffic or sharp objects ... other people freak out because they felt a tingle between there fingers and call the hospital ...

depending the type or person you are ... other protocol is needed.

I have taken many mind altering drugs before ... many ... lsd, xtc, ... and so on ...

nothing ever made me feel as stupid and incompetent as Trobalt (except alcohol ofcourse) ...

Thanks for the advice. Gonna start slow with 3x 50 mg for the first two weeks.
I've taken many mind altering drugs as well so hopefully I don't freak out too soon. Though, if this got you that feeling out of all the stuff you've taken it must be heavy...

Thanks for the advice. Gonna start slow with 3x 50 mg for the first two weeks.
I've taken many mind altering drugs as well so hopefully I don't freak out too soon. Though, if this got you that feeling out of all the stuff you've taken it must be heavy...
just move up 50 mgs every few days ... make bigger jumps if you don`t notice anything .. hold back when you feel it is too strong ...

remember that 1 hour after taking it it kicks in ... no driving, holding guns or doing job interviews ;)

have you ever felt so stupid and incompetent you didn`t have enough intelligence left to know how to put on a jacket?? ... well it happend to me on trobalt ... you could have put me in soil and throw water on me ...

just move up 50 mgs every few days ... make bigger jumps if you don`t notice anything .. hold back when you feel it is too strong ...

remember that 1 hour after taking it it kicks in ... no driving, holding guns or doing job interviews ;)

have you ever felt so stupid and incompetent you didn`t have enough intelligence left to know how to put on a jacket?? ... well it happend to me on trobalt ... you could have put me in soil and throw water on me ...

Yeah first week i try 3x50mg and up the dose by 50 the 2nd. Sounds like some heavy ketamine trip, hopefully I can handle it... For how long did you take trobalt?

Hello guys I got a quick question can I take Trobalt if I take Klonopin 0.5 twice a day?thank you.
i would not do it ... why mix up your brain chemicals so much? klonopin in itself is already pretty strong. Trobalt is not worth it to lose your health ...

It won't work for reactiveness you'd need to combine with keppra for that to work....It'll work on the amplification, but it will take a few months...And you will need to up the dosage to 300-400x3 a day to see results.

I got heatvy reactiveness at the moment. Seeing your post from a while ago you're suggesting mixing this with keppra to get rid of the reactiveness? Trobalt doesn't do anything in terms of reactive tinnitus? How much keppra did you take daily combined with trobalt?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now