Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

But ecstacy and lsd is...?
Obviously you have never taken pure mdma or lsd. So no point starting discussion.

Albert Hofmann inventor of LSD used it a very lot and died happy and with a clear mind at 102 giving his last lecture months before his death.

Sasha and Ann Shulgin the godfather/mother of mdma took drugs every single week of their lives. They are more clear minded than any of the republican candidates running at this moment.

nothing is worth to lose your health over - if you meant this I agree with you ... but this is obvious ... any small child understands this.

But Trobalt does very little and is very unhealthy ... MDMA and LSD do so much and are taken as they should extremly safe ... but to understand what they do you have to take them first. You can`t discuss anything without knowledge and experience ... and I`m only sharing this here ...

Obviously you have never taken pure mdma or lsd. So no point starting discussion.

Albert Hofmann inventor of LSD used it a very lot and died happy and with a clear mind at 102 giving his last lecture months before his death.

Sasha and Ann Shulgin the godfather/mother of mdma took drugs every single week of their lives. They are more clear minded than any of the republican candidates running at this moment.

nothing is worth to lose your health over - if you meant this I agree with you ... but this is obvious ... any small child understands this.

But Trobalt does very little and is very unhealthy ... MDMA and LSD do so much and are taken as they should extremly safe ... but to understand what they do you have to take them first. You can`t discuss anything without knowledge and experience ... and I`m only sharing this here ...
Very tactfully said Nills, well done! (I do greatly value both of your inputs on the forum, but Nills is correct here. In terms of the benefits of psychedelics, if you know you know, if you don't you don't....)

Shame I have no clue how to obtain some.

Shame I have no clue how to obtain some.
Nills is correct in what he said, but obviously nobody should take LSD lightly. You can come out the other side a very different person - sometimes for the better but not always. Not suggesting you would take psychedelics recklessly Danny Boy, but since the forum is a public place I thought a note of caution was worthwhile. They have benefits but dangers also. The key phrase for me in @nills' post was "taken as they should."

@nills
Are those things good for tinnitus?
Any experience with that?
MDMA abolishes tinnitus for a full 4-6 hours. pure silence ...

So that means

MDMA: 6 hours - 0 to 0,3 T - on a single dose of 125mg`s ... compared to

Trobalt: 1 min to 30 min - a 2 at tops, most of the time a 4-5 T - on a singe dose of 300-400 mg`s.

but I have to say, you don`t take MDMA everyday ... Trobalt you could but it`s not worth it ... so ... that is what I said first ... it`s not worth it to take Trobalt as prescribed ... but it is deffinatley worth in my opinion to take MDMA ... as prescribed. :/

Nills is correct in what he said, but obviously nobody should take LSD lightly. You can come out the other side a very different person - sometimes for the better but not always. Not suggesting you would take psychedelics recklessly Danny Boy, but since the forum is a public place I thought a note of caution was worthwhile. They have benefits but dangers also. The key phrase for me in @nills' post was "taken as they should."

Trust me...I'm not gonna take it. Just the point is, you have to obtain it through illegal means...And god knows what they could mix it with...

Do you get tinnitus spikes?
Is it normal and how is this possible?
If you read through the experiences thread, you'll find a lot of people who have spikes, or even worse T, while taking trobalt. So yes, I think this is normal. As for how it's possible -- how wouldn't it be? Trobalt is not a cure for tinnitus.

my tinnitus started after being around farm machinery too long. four days later when I went to bed the whole room filled with noise, I could hear the milling machine in my head. complete breakdown followed. 21 months later I have very reactive tinnitus my head feels in constant fear of noise.Living on a farm is a battle, protect or over protect. Have been down all the usual roots know a dead end. Even traffic makes my head split.
I really wanted to try trobalt feels like a last resort.

Living on a farm is a battle, protect or over protect. Have been down all the usual roots know a dead end. Even traffic makes my head split.
I really wanted to try trobalt feels like a last resort.
I live on a farm too, so I know about the noise. Listen to your neurologist....you don't want to risk damage to your eyes.

I just did a google scholar search this morning and found this paper. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1517/14728222.2016.1125884

Did you guys that have tried this drug get it prescribed, or did you just order it online? I just starting having T after a acoustic injury, but I'm willing to do anything to make it not be permanent. Did anyone try to take it early on when they just starting having T? Anyone have lasting results?

I'm someone that has always enjoyed silence, I would wear earplugs just because I found it calming. This loud ringing in my ears is driving me insane.

Did anyone try to take it early on when they just starting having T?
Some people theorize that Trobalt is more effective when taken early on after onset.

You can't order it online. Can't you ask your Dr to prescribe it off label?

Research other options too! HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) and steroids (prednisone!)? am-101 clinical study?

Some people theorize that Trobalt is more effective when taken early on after onset.

You can't order it online. Can't you ask your Dr to prescribe it off label?

Research other options too! HBOT (hyperbaric oxygen therapy) and steroids (prednisone!)? am-101 clinical study?

Will doctors prescribe it in the US?
I looked at the am-101 clinical study and put my name down, but there are no study locations near me. Also, the study is scheduled to end February of 2016, so they may have already gotten all their patients. I plan to ask my GP about prednisone, it's just a matter of getting in to see him. My injury was last Wednesday, the loud tinnitus just started yesterday (was very faint before).

I'm willing to try almost anything to make this not be permanent.

I have been taking trobalt for a month now , small dosages , contemplating whether to go for the full dosage?
It seems that it helped Preslys and a few others where it seemed to stay lower after stopping.
However, Nills is making me doubt whether to go ahead , especially since i kind of hate the drugged effect.
And yet again , my T is unbearable head buzz and I definitely cannot go on without any change in the current situation.....choices....choices.

Can't you travel a little? If the other option is to have tinnitus for the rest of your life?

I would be willing to travel. It would be a long drive, though. I'm not sure if they will even accept my application because I don't live near a test location.

I have been taking trobalt for a month now , small dosages , contemplating whether to go for the full dosage?
It seems that it helped Preslys and a few others where it seemed to stay lower after stopping.
However, Nills is making me doubt whether to go ahead , especially since i kind of hate the drugged effect.
And yet again , my T is unbearable head buzz and I definitely cannot go on without any change in the current situation.....choices....choices.

Not really worth it. It wont give lasting positive effect to real (multiple) severe T.
40 days of 3x400 MG - no lasting positive effect

now im taking 1x 400-500mg before going to bed because I cant fall asleep since rTMS made my T even worse.
10 different sounds in full music volume = falling asleep impossible.
The "drugged effect" and lowering the T for several minutes is the only thing that trobalt can offer to extreme T.
It helps with the sleep.

But that stuff is poison. After taking high dosages for some time it will be harder to pee and you will notice (or not notice) other side effects. People here, who say "im feeling fine" mostly took 100-200mg. thats not really much.

As I already mentioned, 3x400 daily will also wreck your liver values. (I had bloodwork done)
I would not recommend high dosages for anyone, unless your T is unbearable and youre close to killing yourself.

Yeah...and yet it "seems" to have helped some people, although after saying that , i am super confused at this point.
Wish there was more participation in the trobalt conclusions thread ...

Keep in mind, some of your examples like preslys had 2 or 3/10 Tinnitus and were pretty new to it.
For those new mild cases, it can get better without any drugs. (or so it happend they were taking trobalt at the same time)

Im pretty sure thats what happend to dannyboy and that he was not cured by Trobalt :p Theres a reason his T came back and why he didnt report that he was back on trobalt. (hall of fame?)

Pretty hard to get any objective data on this.

Its just a dangerous suppression drug with a short half-life.

but sure, if you say your T is unbearable. Go for it.

So what about people with tinnitus for 10+ years taking this? Had it locked in too long for any effect?
I thought that I saw some very minor improvement after only 2 day on 100mg TID, but instantly ran into side effects that made tinnitus seem like a small problem (!!) so I stopped.

You have probably said this before but what were these side effects ?
I started to notice some urinary hesitancy, which quickly spiraled out of control into a full-blown recurrence of my chronic pelvic pain symptoms (which I've had in the past, but which had been dormant for close to a decade). I ended up missing several days of work and then having a miserable couple months while I slowly nursed myself back to health with a regimen of hot baths, myofascial physiotherapy, and yoga. One thing I learned from the experience is that as distressing as my tinnitus can be, it bothers me a lot less than constant, severe pain and discomfort in my ass and genitals.

I cannot say with any certainty that trobalt was definitely the cause, but the timing is more than a little suspicious. If trobalt was the problem, it's probably most fair to say that I was unusually susceptible to this because I have had prior problems with the exact set of bladder muscles which trobalt is known to cause problems with. So, I would not necessarily expect people without that background to ever have these exact problems, but for me this was much more disabling than than my tinnitus (which sucks, but has yet to cost me a full day off work in 15 years and counting).

Just wanted to share.

My T today is extremely loud and unbearable. As a result, high anxiety.
So I decided to take another 200 mg Trobalt (I take currently only on occasion).
My volume does not go down much, maybe from a 10/10 to a 8/10.

But it definitely has an anxiolytic effect and calms the brain down.
It makes me dizzy and I am fine with the world. Anxiety goes down massively to the point I feel normal again.

Honestly, for me it feels like a benzo with also decreasing T volume 3-4 levels.
I can understand that for example kevinhogan (only mentioning him since I went through this FAQs again some days ago) recommends Xanax and/or an anxiolytic AD.
If you do not care about anything, why should you care about T?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now