Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Jahhsoul,yes you can buy regitabine in Spain,any pharmacy will supply you,you don`t need a prescription,I have done this twice.They may not have it in stock the day you call,but they will order it in takes afew days only,or go on to the next one till you find one that stocks it.You must ask for Trobalt,this is the name they give regitabine in Spain.It is very easy.Pebbles I have been on regitabine for a few months,took the dose gradually up to 1200mg/day,now tapered down to 400mg/day,some days not even bothered to take.Tin,has reduced,in both ears,but still increases during the day,as it did prior to taking regitabine,now I am moving on to taking it like aspirin,ie when the Tin is bad.Regitabine doesn`t appear tobe a cure,just a sticking plaster.What the Regitabine has done,which I find very useful,is that over the last 3-4 months it has helped me habituate,i get long spells during the day where I don`t notice it like I used to.
I met a guy on holiday 2 yrs ago ,he had chronic Tin,has had it for 10 plus yrs,,he couldn`t understand the fuss,he didn`t notice it anymore.When i asked him how do you cope ,he said you get used to it.I guess thats why some people leave this forum,one thing that does make it worse is talking about it ,or noticing the sounds during the day.One of the best things you can do ,is stay busy,the longer the better.The brain,finds it more difficult to multi task,so the Tin fades into the background ,little by little day by day ,month by month,then year by year ,till it becomes less important.Don`

Sorry typo,was saying don`t know how I got down the description of coping,just hope it is useful to someone out there.As for a cure ,it would be lovely to go back to enjoying Silence,like I used to,when a cure is on the market,I for one will grab it,habituated or not

@TonyJoy

How was your T before trobalt ? and after ? The sound decreased a bit ? Did you have H ? reactive T ?
What did trobalt permit to cancel like bad effect of your T ?

Ty Tonny Joy.

Well, I want the trobalt not only for reduce my T when im high, but to use it after an ocassionally increase of my T. The new article about SF0034 shows that if you can block the overstimulation of KCQN2/3 up to 3 days after the onset of the T(targeted by trobalt and SF0034), then you can prevent the chronification. In my case would be a chronification of a worse T.

So I would like to have a box of Trobalt in my house like an ace up up my sleeve (?).

Ty Tonny Joy.

Well, I want the trobalt not only for reduce my T when im high, but to use it after an ocassionally increase of my T. The new article about SF0034 shows that if you can block the overstimulation of KCQN2/3 up to 3 days after the onset of the T(targeted by trobalt and SF0034), then you can prevent the chronification. In my case would be a chronification of a worse T.

So I would like to have a box of Trobalt in my house like an ace up up my sleeve (?).
To me that sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Not sure if it would work in real life like that but on paper at least, not having to worry about spikes would be a significant relief.

To me that sounds like a pretty good idea actually. Not sure if it would work in real life like that but on paper at least, not having to worry about spikes would be a significant relief.

During while i was on trobalt my t went worse 4 times, so I dont know how does this thing function but it did not stop making my worse.

When I read the studies on pubmed, Trobalt seems used on mice for acoustic traumatism, maybe that's why that doesn't function very well on you ?

I dont know if anyone posted this before, but here some information about taking retigabine after an acoustic trauma:

From 3 scientific resources (Tzounopoulos), I read this:

Administration of 10mg/kg in rats after a noise-induced Tinnitus reduces in 40-50% the chances to chronification of the Tinnitus. 50% if they start the treatement in day 4 after the exposure, and continue it 3 days until the day 7, and 40% if they start at 30 min after exposure during 5 days.

Good news for chronic suffers too since we can use it after a noise-induced spike of our T. (Sry bad Eng).

amazing to see that Retigabine is still so wanted by people here. it has been proved and stated by the people using on this forum it it is dangerous, not very effective, and temporary ...

the only reason I would keep it in my closet is for sudden noise exposure ...

And this is also the only proved benefit it has.

amazing to see that Retigabine is still so wanted by people here. it has been proved and stated by the people using on this forum it it is dangerous, not very effective, and temporary ...

People are desperate for any sort of relief...

Trobalt-side effects I experienced.
  • Appetite gain
  • Weight gain
  • Decreased vision acuity
  • Sedation
  • Drunkenness
  • Elevation of white blood cells
  • Water infections
  • Intense kidney pain-was in hospital many a times because of this
  • Gallbladder pain (Only happened once)
  • Restless leg, felt like ants were crawling up my leg, again only happened once
  • Seizure, again only happened once
  • Impaired thinking
  • Slurred speech

People are desperate for any sort of relief...

whch is the reason why all these bas****ds and gold diggers who sell snake oil to make a quick buck, are there for.

Thank god they all look stupid, so it's easy to spot them: they all have that stupid picture of the grimaced person sticking their index fingers in their ears.

It's like spotting all those stupid emal scams who start with 'Hello, I am Prince Afolaby....''

nothing has been proven @nills. sorry it didn't help you but it has helped other people on this forum (including me).
what i don't get is why people want to generalize their own experience with (and limited knowledge of) the drug, in an effort to dissuade others from trying something which may help them. this is going to be a problem for us, because the people who have been helped by interventions will gradually stop coming to this forum, but there seems to be a constant supply of would-be Cassandras.

• Decreased vision acuity
  • Elevation of white blood cells
  • Water infections
  • Intense kidney pain-was in hospital many a times because of this
  • Seizure, again only happened once
Wow, I wish I'd read this before I filled that prescription, and I'm sort of glad that I only took this stuff very briefly.

When I was a year or two in with my tinnitus, I might have been willing to endure a seizure to make it stop. I would not make the tradeoff today, especially since "stop" is on the magical christmasland end of being optimistic about the prospects of Trobalt.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now