• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

South Korean Clinic Treatment (Dr. Minbo Shim)

Anybody knows about what he is talking about? Like a clinic in Germany who gives ear injections for 75000€ to treat Meniere's disease for Hollywood stars??:dunno:

He's saying they took some blood from him and centrifuged it before reinjecting him... also said it was not allowed to do in USA. Made me think about Minbo's technique.

The treatment costs only 7500 euro! Not 75k!
Does anybody knows what clinic his talking about?
BTW he said that it didn't cure his tinnitus (you can see it on his twitter), only Meriere's disease.

Does anybody knows what clinic his talking about?
I believe it is Peter Wehling's clinic in Düsseldorf, Germany.

http://www.wehling-hartmann.de/my-product/prof-dr-med-peter-wehling/
UFC boss Dana White credits Alex Rodriguez, Orthokine for beating Meniere's

"Rodriguez recommended White visit Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, in order to take part in a revolutionary treatment known as Orthokine. Rodriguez went through the same procedure in 2011 to address an ailing knee and shoulder.

Invented by Dr. Wehling, the procedure involves removing some of the patient's own blood, incubating the blood at a slightly raised temperature and then running the blood through a centrifuge to isolate naturally occurring anti-inflammatory proteins, which are then injected back into the patient."

UFC boss Dana White credits Alex Rodriguez, Orthokine for beating Meniere's
"Rodriguez recommended White visit Dr. Peter Wehling in Dusseldorf, Germany, in order to take part in a revolutionary treatment known as Orthokine. Rodriguez went through the same procedure in 2011 to address an ailing knee and shoulder.

Invented by Dr. Wehling, the procedure involves removing some of the patient's own blood, incubating the blood at a slightly raised temperature and then running the blood through a centrifuge to isolate naturally occurring anti-inflammatory proteins, which are then injected back into the patient."

He's basically the guy that treats all the sports stars.

I agree and have already stated all this on MPP. His patent is worthless and seems more of a way of gaining the trust of the gullible to me. The first page on his website is a picture of him holding a patent which I find really odd. Why promote a worthless and unproven patent at all? A serious scientist and clinician would do studies first to prove the concept, and then they would publish the results to a respected peer-reviewed journal. Anyone could make a competing PRP patent anytime they like (it would take a while to be granted, but still).

Where's the evidence? I find it staggering that whenever anyone has Skyped him he has given answers like this one:

View attachment 24679

There's no reason to be hurried to publish? Are you kidding me. It seems he's rather hurried to take people's money though. Dear me.
With all due respect, correct me im wrong but nueromod hasnt published yet either correct?

With all due respect, correct me im wrong but nueromod hasnt published yet either correct?

There's a huge difference, John: they are in the process of doing it. Minbo, on the other hand, hasn't even done a trial but has been treating people for over two years or more with no proof of efficacy whatsoever.

There's a huge difference, John: they are in the process of doing it. Minbo, on the other hand, hasn't even done a trial but has been treating people for over two years or more with no proof of efficacy whatsoever.
Well there is alleged proof, we just cannot independant verify it. Trust me, I would definitely feel more comfortable about this if there were.

On Dr. Minbo's site he is displaying a certification from the Korean Center for Stem Cell and Tissue Regeneration. Looks like this is a subdivision of the Korean Centerfor Disease Control, a government affiliated organization.

So has anyone found any real dirt on this clinic yet or is it still just a bunch of circumstantial accusations based on speculation?

On Dr. Minbo's site he is displaying a certification from the Korean Center for Stem Cell and Tissue Regeneration. Looks like this is a subdivision of the Korean Centerfor Disease Control, a government affiliated organization.

So has anyone found any real dirt on this clinic yet or is it still just a bunch of circumstantial accusations based on speculation?

Never got any replies from Heller or that journalist. How do you know it's a government division? If it is, are there online records?

Is there any way you can get an online record? Do we have to get a translator to ask on our behalf?
The kcdc site has english.

Yeah I'd like to know more. I wish there was an easier way to get to the bottom of this without just having to fly there and try it myself.

To start off, I should explain how I got my tinnitus/hyperacusis.

4 years ago, when I was in college, I got hit directly on the left ear by one of my roommates and my ear drum ruptured.

I was deaf for 6 months; after 90-95% of my hearing returned, I was left with increasingly distracting tinnitus.

After a year of only tinnitus, I started to get headaches on a daily/chronic basis.

For about 2 1/2 years, I had no success with any treatments.

Recently (10/2/18) I got PRP injections into my AA joint.

While they take 2-6 weeks to fully take effect, I can say that at 5 days later, both my headache and tinnitus are far less noticeable and painful as before.

I am hopeful that it will resolve or at least greatly reduce my tinnitus/hyperacusis in the long term.

Has anyone else tried these?

The image below is the x ray of the spot where the injections were.

View attachment 22926

I find it astounding that there is a doctor that is claiming to restore hearing and uses a method that is backed by science that makes way more sense than any beeping sound machine and there isnt very much interest in this community about it. I guess if a government doesnt approve something then people will just write it off as a fraud which is complety irrational.

"....What if Dr. Minbo is really curing or alleviating tinnitus? How is this not worth looking into like the most interesting thing in the world?

@JohnAdams - I don't know about others, but I was unable to open the link (maybe my browser).

The concept does make sense and appears to reduce inflammation to promote healing for a number of issues and seem to be at the experimental stage (everywhere). Perhaps there's red-tape involved due to different health regulations and of course, investors restricting progress.

My question is, what's the difference from Dr. Minbo's formula to like the one in the States? Could someone clarify this? I am not a chemist. This requires further investigation for your health, safety's sake and so much $$$ involved at your expense.

@JohnAdams - I don't know about others, but I was unable to open the link (maybe my browser).

The concept does make sense and appears to reduce inflammation to promote healing for a number of issues and seem to be at the experimental stage (everywhere). Perhaps there's red-tape involved due to different health regulations and of course, investors restricting progress.

My question is, what's the difference from Dr. Minbo's formula to like the one in the States? Could someone clarify this? I am not a chemist. This requires further investigation for your health, safety's sake and so much $$$ involved at your expense.
I didnt know they had a formula in the States.

I didnt know they had a formula in the States.
What of the clinic in Arizona - similar? Appears to be the same concept as w/ Peter Wehling's clinic?
Combo formula using stemcells/PRP. (I believe this is what they're also experimenting for Parkinson's and other chronic ailments).

What of the clinic in Arizona - similar? Appears to be the same concept as w/ Peter Wehling's clinic?
Combo formula using stemcells/PRP. (I believe this is what they're also experimenting for Parkinson's and other chronic ailments).
I don't think they are treating hearing loss

I don't think they are treating hearing loss

I thought you're looking for a solution to lower or resolve your tinnitus, not hearing-loss? Could you deal w/ a bit of hearing loss if you resolved your tinnitus? Or the other way around, which is more important?

In many cases, tinnitus/hyperacusis is not from hearing loss. My theory (surely, this may turn into a heated debate) is that in a majority of cases, weaker structures slowly developed following inflammation that people didn't take notice, except discomfort, then a secondary effect occurred such as acoustic trauma to trigger tinnitus and for some - hearing loss. For others sufferers, have been immediately impacted following traumatic injury. There's large communities of deaf and hofh people in every country who do not have tinnitus/hyperacusis leading very productive happy lives; some congenital and others later deafened and do not have this. However, when some were affected by E.N.T inflammation, injury or surgically altered w/ man-made devices, they then developed tinnitus/hyperacusis.

Last edited:
I thought you're looking for a solution to lower or resolve your tinnitus, not hearing-loss? Could you deal w/ a bit of hearing loss if you resolved your tinnitus? Or the other way around, which is more important?

In many cases, tinnitus/hyperacusis is not from hearing loss. My theory (surely, this may turn into a heated debate) is that in a majority of cases, weaker structures slowly developed following inflammation that people didn't take notice, except discomfort, then a secondary effect occurred such as acoustic trauma to trigger tinnitus and for some - hearing loss. For others sufferers, have been immediately impacted following traumatic injury. There's large communities of deaf and hofh people in every country who do not have tinnitus/hyperacusis leading very productive happy lives; some congenital and others later deafened and do not have this. However, when some were affected by E.N.T inflammation, injury or surgically altered w/ man-made devices, they then developed tinnitus/hyperacusis.
The theory is treating the cause of your tinnitus will correct it. Some people who have neck problems have it resolved after being seen for said problems. It's not necessarily for everyone with T. And does it really matter that other people can lose their hearing and not feel anything, when we do? We get tinnitus and a whole list of other problems as a RESULT of hearing loss. It could be worth a shot. I mean what're the chances anyway? Either we cross this off the list of options or find something that has been proven to help people.

My tinnitus is definitely from high frequency hearing loss.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now