• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Chit Chat and All That...

Yea the X4A practically glow in the dark. I only have the X4A and X5A. There was a review on Amazon from someone who had the whole series and recommended those two as the only ones anyone should need out of the 4.
I understand this way of thinking - inside my home I rely solely on my Peltor Optime 3 defenders; because why use anything lower? It's not like your ears care about the difference between a fire alarm or a door slamming, and if you're "over-protecting" when it's the latter- but then it ignores the need for subtlety when out in public.

If I simply didn't care how I looked when I was out, sure I'd just wear the Optime 3s everywhere, but fun fact: I do care. I'm sure you can relate, residing in California, but I live in a part of London that is residence to (arguably) some of the most attractive women in the city, and I don't feel like being out in front of them looking like some sort of lunatic space-cadet.

Hence when I'm not wearing earplugs I want my ear defenders to look as much like (wireless) headphones as possible; so I go with the X1As in most cases. If your reactivity is more severe, then I can understand this not being enough for you, but I've been wearing Optime 1s and X1As in an area populated with super-cars and Harley Davidsons for years, and they have so far been adequate.

I understand this way of thinking - inside my home I rely solely on my Peltor Optime 3 defenders; because why use anything lower? It's not like your ears care about the difference between a fire alarm or a door slamming, and if you're "over-protecting" when it's the latter- but then it ignores the need for subtlety when out in public.

If I simply didn't care how I looked when I was out, sure I'd just wear the Optime 3s everywhere, but fun fact: I do care. I'm sure you can relate, residing in California, but I live in a part of London that is residence to (arguably) some of the most attractive women in the city, and I don't feel like being out in front of them looking like some sort of lunatic space-cadet.

Hence when I'm not wearing earplugs I want my ear defenders to look as much like (wireless) headphones as possible; so I go with the X1As in most cases. If your reactivity is more severe, then I can understand this not being enough for you, but I've been wearing Optime 1s and X1As in an area populated with super-cars and Harley Davidsons for years, and they have so far been adequate.
I'm still trying to figure out what works for me as I haven't had any extended time without my tinnitus worsening.

Right now I just wear my ACS customs with 26 dB SNR filter in the kitchen, usually with the X4A's over them. When out I just use the ACS customs without anything else. Sure would like to plop the X4A's over my ears when near those noisy shopping carts though, but like you, I worry about what I look like.

I'm getting more and more wary of loud sounds now, probably to an unhealthy level. Before I went around everywhere in lesser rated earplugs and didn't bat an eye at motorcycles or clanging shopping carts.

Speaking of workers.

If you wanna see what Romanian workers are all about, check out these funny commercials.

You will get the idea, even if you don't understand the language. The second one has English subtitles.

The struggle is real for the main character, Dorel.

But "Unde-s mulţi, puterea crește!" :D (There is strength in numbers).

So drink UNIREA and enjoy Dorel în acţiune (Dorel in action) :)
So sweets weren't enough for @aura, and now she's expanding her business empire into alcohol (too).

That's right guys, drink UNIREA and something about Dorel...

UNIREA.jpeg

Straight out of TRANSYLVANIA! (just in case you needed any more evidence that @aura was a creature of the night...)

alba.PNG

and make @aura - like an unshowered Norwegian salami @Exit- filthy rich!

Then maybe when she's accrued Bezos level wealth, she'll take me on a suborbital flight around the fringes of Earth's atmosphere, for our very first IRL date!

SEI_88463977-e1626870898652.jpg

(just in case you needed any more evidence that @aura was a creature of the night...)
I am a creature of the night and I have the eye bags to prove it.

Of course I would like to take you on a suborbital flight around the fringes of Earth's atmosphere, but you don't actually have to fly to be on cloud nine when you're with me. ;)

But yeah, when I'll be rich I will take all my Tinnitus Talk friends on a flight.

We'll have lots of Ukrainian sweets and UNIREA for everybody. :rockingbanana:

@Damocles seems to be up all night long. Do you sleep during daytime? Is it tinnitus that keeps you awake?
He's addicted to Tinnitus Talk and is scared to go off of it, he might miss something, eats amphetamines and drinks diet coke, lurking waiting for the pretty ladies. Doesn't shower or shave, keeps portable potty by his desk always facing the computer.

He's addicted to Tinnitus Talk and is scared to go off of it, he might miss something, eats amphetamines and drinks diet coke, lurking waiting for the pretty ladies. Doesn't shower or shave, keeps portable potty by his desk always facing the computer.
Brace yourselves.

Damocles is gonna say something.

I am a creature of the night and I have the eye bags to prove it.

Of course I would like to take you on a suborbital flight around the fringes of Earth's atmosphere, but you don't actually have to fly to be on cloud nine when you're with me. ;)

But yeah, when I'll be rich I will take all my Tinnitus Talk friends on a flight.

We'll have lots of Ukrainian sweets and UNIREA for everybody. :rockingbanana:
Poor bunny has played the lottery...?

Or perhaps a sugar daddy in sighting? :whistle:

All this talk of Romanian builders and big asses immediately reminded me of an inspired billboard out there on the A406 North Circular Rd London. Grabbed from Google Street Maps:

sb.jpg

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now