Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

@Juan Carlos @undecided @SteveToHeal
I have a friend currently doing holiday in Spain (Andalusia).
Is there anything that needs to be considered when going to the pharmacy (without prescription)?
I am thinking about asking him to get some 200 mg packages.
But I only want to take it occasionally - although my T is a 8/10-9/10.

@Juan Carlos @undecided @SteveToHeal
I have a friend currently doing holiday in Spain (Andalusia).
Is there anything that needs to be considered when going to the pharmacy (without prescription)?
I am thinking about asking him to get some 200 mg packages.
But I only want to take it occasionally - although my T is a 8/10-9/10.
just know 100mg box are only in 21 pills
and others 84 pills, so go with confidence knowing that

@RaZaH, @Danny Boy @Juan Carlos
My friend will check pharmacy tomorrow for availability and price.
Did you taper up?
I do not plan taking it permanently, but occasionally.
So I think about taking a 100 or 200 mg pill on occasion.
RaZaH has good results with just 100 mg.
of course I did a panphlet taper up and very very slow taper off, but i think you can do faster taper up if u can, about taper off, i wouldn't risk

Anyone did got a DR to prescribe it to him?

if anyone is in the new england area and wants a contact for a doctor who will prescribe retigabine, PM me.

of course I did a panphlet taper up and very very slow taper off, but i think you can do faster taper up if u can, about taper off, i wouldn't risk

for the most partjuan and i have had the same experience with this drug, but regarding tapering off i basically stopped very quickly, without any problems. you may want to err on the side of caution, but frankly we don't even know for sure what caution means regarding this drug, dosing for tinnitus is still an open question. for those that are taking 100mg and 200mg occasional doses, they are essentially also not tapering off slowly.

Yesterday i had 10/10 T & H & distorted hearing.
I got 400mg flupirtine the morning 400mg RTG & 1mg lorazepam & 30mg methyprednisolone at night.
The retigabine improved it to 8/10 but sleep & corticosteroids improved T it to 0/10 no H no distorted hearing. Today iam like 100% cured.
The problem is that situation lasts only 1.5-2 days.

Yesterday i had 10/10 T & H & distorted hearing.
I got 400mg flupirtine the morning 400mg RTG & 1mg lorazepam & 30mg methyprednisolone at night.
The retigabine improved it to 8/10 but sleep & corticosteroids improved T it to 0/10 no H no distorted hearing. Today iam like 100% cured.
The problem is that situation lasts only 1.5-2 days.
That is a heavy concoction of drugs you are taking. But if you are getting 1.5 - 2 days 0/10 relief from it, then what more can you ask from pills? It sounds like the corticosteroids is the one that is sending it to null in your case. Is tha the methyprednisolone? What is the cause of your T? It doesn't say on your profile box. Something i think should be made mandatory pls @Markku, as there are treatments which work better for acoustic induced t compared to TMJ aggravated t for example.

My cause was uknown sudden hearing loss with audiogram same with heavy acoustic trauma.
I regained my hearing with 10 days corticosteroids started first 10 hours from the event.
Yes corticosteroids send my T to null.RTG can send to null only for 1 hour and only if it is 1/10 or max 2/10.The max effect from RTG i get is 2/10 with 400mg and only for 1-2 hours.
To me corticosteroids is by far the king of all T treatments but have serious side effects
in long term use.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now