Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Ok, I can see Danny in the future trying this cocktail:

AUT00063 + AM-101 (drinkable) x2 + Atoh1 x2 (for both ears) + stems + RTG (like soda that is) all mixed up and put in the blender (ExAblate® 4000) to mix.:D

Cheers!

Oh, I will...There must be a perfect combo.

You need to go to psychologist fast before you don't kill yourself. I wonder how your mother don't take care at all ask what you are taking when you get high. You need doctor who will do test of you of eyes because you never done as we spoke this evening you admitted to be just ordinary vision check.

So insist to get psychologist because she can force doctor to give you all those check ups, and probably then force neurologist to give you a drug that helps you, but in dosages that are recommended not 1200 in one pill, when maximum is 400, od then drop to 400 in i dosage, and all of it.

When you got that trobalt from me you swore oath that you will not kill yourself with it, so remember, i don't want you dead! or damaged!!!

You need to go to psychologist fast before you don't kill yourself. I wonder how your mother don't take care at all ask what you are taking when you get high. You need doctor who will do test of you of eyes because you never done as we spoke this evening you admitted to be just ordinary vision check.

So insist to get psychologist because she can force doctor to give you all those check ups, and probably then force neurologist to give you a drug that helps you, but in dosages that are recommended not 1200 in one pill, when maximum is 400, od then drop to 400 in i dosage, and all of it.

When you got that trobalt from me you swore oath that you will not kill yourself with it, so remember, i don't want you dead! or damaged!!!

I'm still alive, plus I don't take 1200mg of trobalt. I take 400mg a day.

Ok, I can see Danny in the future trying this cocktail:

AUT00063 + AM-101 (drinkable) x2 + Atoh1 x2 (for both ears) + stems + RTG (like soda that is) all mixed up and put in the blender (ExAblate® 4000) to mix.:D

Cheers!

Campral, keppra and trobalt...Let's see...Haha

What kind of neurologist would prescribe them both? They never give 2 anticonvulsants together. You even have to taper off properly first to go from one to the other. There is a reason for that. Would be probably dangerous especially in long term usage.
As I remember, Trobalt is never prescribed 'alone' but as added medication to other anticonvulsants
from wikipedia:
Retigabine (INN) or ezogabine (USAN), codenamed D-23129, is an anticonvulsant used as an adjunctive treatment for partial epilepsies in treatment-experienced adult patients

As I remember, Trobalt is never prescribed 'alone' but as added medication to other anticonvulsants
from wikipedia:
Retigabine (INN) or ezogabine (USAN), codenamed D-23129, is an anticonvulsant used as an adjunctive treatment for partial epilepsies in treatment-experienced adult patients

Yes, it can...So no harm in a keppra+trobalt combo.

Campral, keppra and trobalt...Let's see...Haha
from my experience, Campra does absolutely nothing

I insist, it's posible that you are cured, so we dont really know if Keppra is doing something for you.
you seem afraid of taper off, you must face that some day you will stop trobalt, can't be whole life on it.
Imagine after 2 year you get the violet nails/lips and discover that you were cured 6 months ago... you will regret
i think its smarter to do some round every year, as @locoyeti and I are thinking to do.

Now comes again the question wich i asked before but noone answered with a sure answer, if the violet stuff is accumulative, some one has a contact on GSK to ask to them??

@1MW thanks for trying again RTG+Keppra, i think is interesting combination, let see what happens on lower dosage, keep us informed.

from wikipedia:
Interpreting Wikipedia medical sources is not what we should do on our own when it comes to such heavy drugs...
There are so many of us that choose not to get trobalt alone because of its potential sideffects, now you tell me it goes with everything like ...bread? People don't even find dovtors to prescribe it, they will prescribe it as adjunctive treatment?

I don't know about this, perhaps watching danny boy over time will give us some insight!:p

from my experience, Campra does absolutely nothing

I insist, it's posible that you are cured, so we dont really know if Keppra is doing something for you.
you seem afraid of taper off, you must face that some day you will stop trobalt, can't be whole life on it.
Imagine after 2 year you get the violet nails/lips and discover that you were cured 6 months ago... you will regret
i think its smarter to do some round every year, as @locoyeti and I are thinking to do.

Now comes again the question wich i asked before but noone answered with a sure answer, if the violet stuff is accumulative, some one has a contact on GSK to ask to them??

@1MW thanks for trying again RTG+Keppra, i think is interesting combination, let see what happens on lower dosage, keep us informed.

Yeah, but can campral+trobalt be a good combo? I'm gonna try it and tell you the results.

Has anyone had any improvement with feeling of pressure in ears while taking this type of medications? Didn't find much with search.

That was one of the MAIN reasons for seeing a "top T" Otoneuro./researcher for increasing intracranial pressure, whooshing-T and migraines that were triggered after a head concussion. In desperation and trusting his egoistical expertise (after 2 appts.) - a cochlear implant was "my only option".
Outcome: 24 hrs consistent 10x LOUD whirring tinnitus. Even walking/talking increases head pressure, and I cannot do anything I DID before. Can't mask it. Totally DEAF. Very depressing.
So, PEOPLE - DO NOT DO invasive surgery for "T". (I know people are desperate like myself, but how I so wish to return back.) I, now ingest benzos. - makes you tired and does absolutely nothing for "T". Addictive, Yes. I have not yet tried "Trobalt" aka US version: "Potiga". May not be acceptable for my symptoms. Others say -try marijuana-, but after doing research, some say it exacerbates it... so I really don't know. I think it ALL depends on the type of tinnitus/inner-ear issues one has. Has anyone tried medical marijuana for "T" with success or side-effects?
Here we return to the 60's... as long it masks "T" (even temporarily), have me dancing again and smile for you all. ;)

Yeah, I plan to take the combo regularly (once a day, that is).
I believe keppra potentiates the RTG - or the other way around - and the 'silence' effect is even more pronounced.
Now if you're asking me if this is going to be a permanent 'cure'... Hardly.

Undecided: Was wondering how LONG you've been on the combo? What type of "T" did/do you have (if you know?) The addt'l info helps - such as your age range. I understand many drugs do wonders in the short-term like benzos. and such, but the need to increase the dosage eventually kicks in later.
Have you been taking them long-term with no side-effects?
Great, that it's helping you at this time! Pls. keep us updated.

Undecided: Was wondering how LONG you've been on the combo? What type of "T" did/do you have (if you know?) The addt'l info helps - such as your age range. I understand many drugs do wonders in the short-term like benzos. and such, but the need to increase the dosage eventually kicks in later.
Have you been taking them long-term with no side-effects?
Great, that it's helping you at this time! Pls. keep us updated.

Trobalt works on the KV7+KV3.1 channels, keppra works on the KV3.1 channels too, so both would work in collaboration. I've personally had no side-effects from keppra and just drunkenness from trobalt. Hope that helps.

Interestingly... no Otoneuro., Neuro. or ENT have discussed or will prescribe these drugs so far.
Is there a reason?
DannyBoy: How did you get the prescription? How long have you been taking them?
Also - what's this thing I read of getting "violet nails/lips"? (side-effect?)
Or should that be violent nails and lips (along w/ T)? ;) Woo hoo- The Walking Dead.

Interestingly... no Otoneuro., Neuro. or ENT have discussed or will prescribe these drugs so far.
Is there a reason?
DannyBoy: How did you get the prescription? How long have you been taking them?
Also - what's this thing I read of getting "violet nails/lips"? (side-effect?)
Or should that be violent nails and lips (along w/ T)? ;) Woo hoo- The Walking Dead.

I never, I bought from a member on here...Anyway my GP said she's considering so I'm hopeful.

@SteveToHeal I have been one of the earliest trialees of RTG, started somewhere around October with 100mg doses.
Worked my way up to 300mg three times daily.
I've taken a break during Christmas for a little more than a month and now I'm back to using one daily dose.
I haven't had any nasty side effects up until now. No blue nails, no vision issues, some mild early urinary issues have been completely dissolved.
Haven't done any check-ups as I'm feeling fine.
Just make sure you drink tons of water, watch your diet (I've cut down a lot on diary, sweets, red meat but not completely) and you'll be fine.
I've found that RTG is a quite a relief while not being a cure. I've spent around 500 euros ordering form the UK and I think it's one of the best investments I've ever made.
I suggest to start using it with caution. It's not such a dangerous pill, certainly not as nasty as some people here will lead you to believe. Go slow and if you can't take it... well, at least you'll have given it a a shot.
Encouraging. Thanks man. 330 pounds so far - awaiting friend to arrive from UK with them. Thanks for the tips on water and diet. I will get urinary check and take Lucertin(sp?) for eyes once i start. And i'll update my progress to thread ;-)

As an aside and apologies in advance for off topic but when anyone here has a good t day, can they think a lot straighter? I have found t to effect my cognitive processing. I use lumosity to keep my brain "active" and notice i score much better on the days when my t is good. Anyway. Just another reason to get us all back to silent baseline with a cure. Roll on the Trobalt self-trials and other. Viva!

@sakrt I only tested the keppra+trobalt combo twice. Worked amazingly the first time (no T about half an hour after the dose). The second time... well, I wouldn't know, I fell asleep before anything happened :)
Thing is though, trobalt seems to have the same effect on its own (at a higher dose) so I don't know whether its wise to use 2 anti-seizure drugs at the same time. I mean, nobody actually knows how these meds interact and I haven't asked any doctor about them (i bet that no doctor would know shit about them anyway). I don't consider my T loud enough to put myself through a constant guinea-pig phase.

And with time I've found that (for me) there are more medications that have a positive effect on my tinnitus (stugeron, vastarel, benzos), therefore, after serious consideration, I don't plan on using the keppra+trobalt combo anymore.

I never, I bought from a member on here...Anyway my GP said she's considering so I'm hopeful.
My apologies for my redundant question. I recall you mentioned this before. I became accustomed to your other photo you had... I believe, a quirky English-looking dude (correct?)
Interestingly, I easily remember others through visual photos, rather than names at this time (so YES - "T" is an interference to cognitive-processing, focusing, sleeping, reading, shitting, socializing etc.)
If it was contagious, we'd sneeze it on "Researchers" who worsen it. A cure or long-term suppressant drug would be amazingly "discovered" within a week. Guaranteed.
For those who hear, a *button* by our names to recognize one by our "T" sound, alike bird-calls would greatly help those who also became visually-impaired by "T" Drs. ;) j/k

I'm still alive, plus I don't take 1200mg of trobalt. I take 400mg a day.

well if you read:

See i said you drop to 400 in 1 dosage, that ment in one day dosage.

last days was sick in muscles and had loss of focus so today got general blood exams.
All results was perfect except potassium levels was very low.
I eat 5 oranges to take potassium and now iam fine.After some hour regained muscle tension and focus.
The low levels of potassium i had i believe was from corticosteroids primary and secondary from rtg.
Plus i have no T now

A known side effect of corticosteroids is the lower potassium which solves easily with extra potassium from food

The good news is that flupirtine & retigabine does not affected my liver.
All liver enzymes was perfect.
@Zechariah i don't know but for sure 1-2 oranges in food do not harm

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now