Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Iam not taking regulary only yesterday took to sleep with this 11/10 T.
Benzos are ototoxic

What's the point in living with tinnitus? I just am losing it. If I stay on trobalt I'm screwed, if I'm on benzos I'm screwed. Honestly what is the point in living on this horrible planet where nobody cares about us? I'm just losing it. I might consider dying, as that's more reasonable.

What's the point in living with tinnitus? I just am losing it. If I stay on trobalt I'm screwed, if I'm on benzos I'm screwed. Honestly what is the point in living on this horrible planet where nobody cares about us? I'm just losing it. I might consider dying, as that's more reasonable.

????????????, I'm I the only one getting mixed messages from you bro?

My cause was uknown sudden hearing loss with audiogram same with heavy acoustic trauma.
I regained my hearing with 10 days corticosteroids started first 10 hours from the event.
Yes corticosteroids send my T to null.RTG can send to null only for 1 hour and only if it is 1/10 or max 2/10.The max effect from RTG i get is 2/10 with 400mg and only for 1-2 hours.
To me corticosteroids is by far the king of all T treatments but have serious side effects
in long term use.
sorry to hear that :-(

I had 3-4/10 T took rtg+lev went to 0.5/10 and i was stoned after 3 hours when rtg + lev weared off
My T exploded to 11/10 > 16khz.
This T was suicide T so i took 2mg lorazepam to sleep and 28mg methyprednisolone
now after 7 hours from methyprednisolone i have no T.
RTG + lev are T & H killers but only some hours after that bad worsening happens
Could that be rebound effect after killing T?, neurons come back with revenge

DannyBoy says this combinations kills his T for whole day with no rebound, but note that he doesn't take at the same time, he takes Keppra in the morning and Trobalt before sleep. We need to know more about this combination. Maybe the key is not to mix at the same time
@Viking was taking Keppra for longer time (not with Trobalt) and killed his H, but not effect con T in his case

The positive results from Trobalt in this thread are making me want to devote my life to tinnitus research. If I do decide to continue as a research scientist (I'm considering applying to work for GSK, Novartis, Pfizer, etc), this will definitely be my area of expertise.

Well, if I stay on trobalt I could go blind, but if I go on benzos my tinnitus will get worse, it's a lose, lose situation.

Well, if I stay on trobalt I could go blind, but if I go on benzos my tinnitus will get worse, it's a lose, lose situation.
Danny, its not because i am optimistic, but i bet that if you tape off trobalt, your T will come a little bit but not to the initial-suicidal stage, my 50 cents
how long was onset from infection to first Trobalt dose ?
how long have you been on Trobalt?

Danny, its not because i am optimistic, but i bet that if you tape off trobalt, your T will come a little bit but not to the initial-suicidal stage, my 50 cents
how long was onset from infection to first Trobalt dose ?
how long have you been on Trobalt?

5 months and an half.

ATTENTION ALL... Regarding posts by @1MW

I have had some inquiries about this guy for a while, so I know it is not just me.

As a typical example, look at the misc. bunch of posts on the previous page of this thread.

*One such:
I had 3-4/10 T took rtg+lev went to 0.5/10 and i was stoned after 3 hours when rtg + lev weared off
My T exploded to 11/10 > 16khz.
This T was suicide T so i took 2mg lorazepam to sleep and 28mg methyprednisolone
now after 7 hours from methyprednisolone i have no T.
RTG + lev are T & H killers but only some hours after that bad worsening happens

A total mish-mash of outrageous concoctions of meds, effects, time frames, reports, opinions, recommendations, advice, whatever.
- For one, it is all just flat out medically crazy.
- Two, it is absurd to consider one can sort out what the hell is happening with these types of meds within such rapid time frames.
- Three, how this continually morphing witches brew affects tinnitus on the best of days is, in most un-humble opinion, absolutely impossible to say with any iota of 'scientific' or sane, certainty.
- Four, how he can evaluate Retigabine within all this, with any "usefulness" to us who are trying to get at best, some 'subjective facts' from this TT Retigabine trial, is ludicrous.
- Five, it's a huge disservice to the airwaves. It's confusing, egotistical, irrelevant clutter, that we DO NOT need!

So @1MW , you do this constant confusion circus about every thread you land in, not just here. Thus as I have said before, why don't you help all of those like myself who are trying to put all this information into a quasi intelligible framework, and shut the f*ck up!!!
I doubt I am the only one who is "up to the gills" with it...If you need a translation of that, it means totally sick of it!

My advice to all who are serious about learning anything about Trobalt (or other threads where this crap goes on): Totally ignore the guy!

Zimichael

There are lots of people that have used Benzo's and their T didn't go louder....Just like AD meds some people said it makes T louder other people say it has helped ...I think Benzo's fall in that class it can help you get over a T induced difficult time till you feel better about living with T

ATTENTION ALL... Regarding posts by @1MW

I have had some inquiries about this guy for a while, so I know it is not just me.

As a typical example, look at the misc. bunch of posts on the previous page of this thread.

*One such:

A total mish-mash of outrageous concoctions of meds, effects, time frames, reports, opinions, recommendations, advice, whatever.
- For one, it is all just flat out medically crazy.
- Two, it is absurd to consider one can sort out what the hell is happening with these types of meds within such rapid time frames.
- Three, how this continually morphing witches brew affects tinnitus on the best of days is, in most un-humble opinion, absolutely impossible to say with any iota of 'scientific' or sane, certainty.
- Four, how he can evaluate Retigabine within all this, with any "usefulness" to us who are trying to get at best, some 'subjective facts' from this TT Retigabine trial, is ludicrous.
- Five, it's a huge disservice to the airwaves. It's confusing, egotistical, irrelevant clutter, that we DO NOT need!

So @1MW , you do this constant confusion circus about every thread you land in, not just here. Thus as I have said before, why don't you help all of those like myself who are trying to put all this information into a quasi intelligible framework, and shut the f*ck up!!!
I doubt I am the only one who is "up to the gills" with it...If you need a translation of that, it means totally sick of it!

My advice to all who are serious about learning anything about Trobalt (or other threads where this crap goes on): Totally ignore the guy!

Zimichael
Agreed, I think that the guy is more or less full of bullcrap. And I already told him in another thread to moderate things a bit more before posting. So yes, be very critical on anything 1MW says.

@Zimichael have you got retigabine ?
Have you opinion about it ?
Write it and stop writing against me...

You do take a lot of meds...I think people are worried it's gonna kill you, like heath ledger.

????????????, I'm I the only one getting mixed messages from you bro?

Trobalt does work, I'm just worried about coming off it, sorry if you get mixed messages.

Agreed, I think that the guy is more or less full of bullcrap. And I already told him in another thread to moderate things a bit more before posting. So yes, be very critical on anything 1MW says.

Well, I wonder about the amount of side-effects he gets from the mixtures of meds he uses.

I have Trobalt here now. 42 tabs à 100 mg. But really don't know if I should take the stuff.
Scares me like crazy. But my T is a 10/10 currently. High-pitched (16 kHz) and loud. Not really a life, although I really try hard going through my day.

I have Trobalt here now. 42 tabs à 100 mg. But really don't know if I should take the stuff.
Scares me like crazy. But my T is a 10/10 currently. High-pitched (16 kHz) and loud. Not really a life, although I really try hard going through my day.

Just take it. I was scared at first, but trust me it's better than having tinnitus, it also changes the pitch.

If at all, I will not take it on regular base, just on occasion.
I know that RaZaH takes only 100mg on occasion. I guess I will try the same.

Well, the optimum dose is 400mg to obliterate tinnitus.

"Demonstrated the role of the KV7 channels in the induction of tinnitus in the mouse dorsal cochlear nucleus model, and showed that retigabine may prevent the development of tinnitus. We estimated the therapeutic potential of Kþ channel openers in suppressing tinnitus-like activity by quantifying the responses in the auditory cortical networks. Retigabine had the highest therapeutic potential, with a therapeutic concentration of 7.4 mM – a concentration at which counteraction against induced- hyperactivity were effective – followed by NS1619 (15.2 mM), flupir- tine (23.3 mM), and isopimaric acid (30.0 mM). These values were well within the range of their effective concentrations against epilepsy (3–100 mM; Kobayashi et al., 2008), thus, possible off-label treatment for tinnitus is plausible (and safe). Clinical studies had calculated the free brain concentration of retigabine taken at 1200 mg/day to be

around 2.0 mM (Large et al., 2012) – a dose equivalent to that used in an animal model of pentylenetetrazol-induced seizure (Rostock et al., 1996). The other three compounds have not undergone pharmaco- kinetic studies. However, as their EC50 and therapeutic concentration values are almost comparable to retigabine, it is reasonable to assume that the potential effect of tinnitus-like activity suppression may be observed at a similar dose.?

Martin if you do decide to take it I hope it gives you the relief your looking for my friend.

Carlos

It will give him relief if the right dosage is followed.
I will definitely not take 400 mg or more on a regular base.
I don't know how my kidney or liver react to this. It will not risk anything.
I guess I will stare some days onto the package and then take 100 mg to see what happens.

I will definitely not take 400 mg or more on a regular base.
I don't know how my kidney or liver react to this. It will not risk anything.
I guess I will stare some days onto the package and then take 100 mg to see what happens.

Up to you man.

@Danny Boy Please explain so taken it could bring relief and if so how long does it last and does you T go back to baseline once it wears off? Was that your experience?

Well, for me, when I wake up, it goes goes slightly higher but not to a level like my tinnitus before I took trobalt.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now