Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

@Martin69 I am not entirely sure why people are so afraid of the side effects of Trobalt .
I have not seen anyone complaining about any serious side effects in our trial ? Maybe I missed it ?
I have no side effects that I am aware of , although as you probably know I only take it once in a blue moon.

@Martin69 I am not entirely sure why people are so afraid of the side effects of Trobalt .
I have not seen anyone complaining about any serious side effects in our trial ? Maybe I missed it ?
I have no side effects that I am aware of , although as you probably know I only take it once in a blue moon.

The only side-effect are if you take 400mg before bed it knocks you out great thing that! So basically drunkenness! Not had any liver, kidney problems at all. The way I see it is, to have really low t from 10/10 is so, so worth it!

The only side-effect are if you take 400mg before bed it knocks you out great thing that! So basically drunkenness! Not had any liver, kidney problems at all. The way I see it is, to have really low t from 10/10 is so, so worth it!
@Danny Boy So let me get this straight you take 400mg once at nite and you get all day relief from T or at least lower T the next day ?

It's waaaay back in the thread somewhere. This monster is pushing 150 pages... But one of the early trialees tried Trobalt and had to stop due to kidney issues. However, if i recall correctly, it was a pre-existing condition that worsened post-trobalt. However, Viking also had to stop due to side effects. So it's still to be taken with caution. When i do eventually get mine, i'll be sure to take any multi-vit/supplement to protect eyes and kidneys and get GP to do overall check-up before and after and specifically a kidney, eyes and heart work out. As these seem to be an area of concern. Then i'll prob keel over from something else... At least T will be gone ;)

@SteveToHeal I have been one of the earliest trialees of RTG, started somewhere around October with 100mg doses.
Worked my way up to 300mg three times daily.
I've taken a break during Christmas for a little more than a month and now I'm back to using one daily dose.
I haven't had any nasty side effects up until now. No blue nails, no vision issues, some mild early urinary issues have been completely dissolved.
Haven't done any check-ups as I'm feeling fine.
Just make sure you drink tons of water, watch your diet (I've cut down a lot on diary, sweets, red meat but not completely) and you'll be fine.
I've found that RTG is a quite a relief while not being a cure. I've spent around 500 euros ordering form the UK and I think it's one of the best investments I've ever made.
I suggest to start using it with caution. It's not such a dangerous pill, certainly not as nasty as some people here will lead you to believe. Go slow and if you can't take it... well, at least you'll have given it a a shot.

@SteveToHeal I have been one of the earliest trialees of RTG, started somewhere around October with 100mg doses.
Worked my way up to 300mg three times daily.
I've taken a break during Christmas for a little more than a month and now I'm back to using one daily dose.
I haven't had any nasty side effects up until now. No blue nails, no vision issues, some mild early urinary issues have been completely dissolved.
Haven't done any check-ups as I'm feeling fine.
Just make sure you drink tons of water, watch your diet (I've cut down a lot on diary, sweets, red meat but not completely) and you'll be fine.
I've found that RTG is a quite a relief while not being a cure. I've spent around 500 euros ordering form the UK and I think it's one of the best investments I've ever made.
I suggest to start using it with caution. It's not such a dangerous pill, certainly not as nasty as some people here will lead you to believe. Go slow and if you can't take it... well, at least you'll have given it a a shot.

Wait where do you get yours from?

To all researchers. Stop with the friggin' maskers. You got a cure here just waiting to be found. The only thing lacking is duration. The feeling just stops after a couple of hours leaving you with a milder tinnitus.
I can only encourage people like yourself to take a closer look at the Team Trobalt updates and "examine" some of the statements we have obtained from researchers - here is latest one of them:

www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/team-trobalt-update-%E2%80%94-april-9-2015.9064/#post-105730

Interesting combo will be flupirtine + keppra. I will try some time when i will have bad T.

5 months and an half.
for both questions ?

according to Autifonys people for every 18 months of onset
I will definitely not take 400 mg or more on a regular base.
I don't know how my kidney or liver react to this. It will not risk anything.
I guess I will stare some days onto the package and then take 100 mg to see what happens.
what will happen? probably nothing, 100mg is useless in most of the cases. If you are worried about kidney like I was, dont run away from the problem, face it and take urine analisys, I did it and mine were perfect, i Was taking 900mg/day for 3 months plus taper on and off
Absolutely no one had permanent side effects on this forum nor increased T, you can check user reports thread. There is a lot to win and very little to lose, no one had regret of taking it in this forum (maybe Zimichals super chronic case wich H raised but normalized in shot time)

for both questions ?

what will happen? probably nothing, 100mg is useless in most of the cases. If you are worried about kidney like I was, dont run away from the problem, face it and take urine analisys, I did it and mine were perfect, i Was taking 900mg/day for 3 months plus taper on and off
Absolutely no one had permanent side effects on this forum nor increased T, you can check user reports thread. There is a lot to win and very little to lose, no one had regret of taking it in this forum (maybe Zimichals super chronic case wich H raised but normalized in shot time)

I think that's only for phase 3, they will extended it to people who've had tinnitus longer than 18 months.

for both questions ?

for both questions ?

@Juan Carlos what was your experience on trobalt? Did it permanently lower your T ?

I think that's only for phase 3, they will extended it to people who've had tinnitus longer than 18 months.

Sorry that was an un finished post wich I finally decided to not post but when answered martin it was there LoL, I wanted to say, that, what they expect to work is that you must take one month of AUT for every 18months of onset, for example 36m onset time, you will need 2 months of AUT doses.

Trobalt is not so aimed to T like AUT, so maybe the relation is one to one. if had an onset time of 6 months, and you already taken Trobalt 6 months, maybe you are already cured or half cured.

What I belive is that Trobalt lowers T for like 1 to 3h maximum after dose, if you are having silence the whole day by taking one single dose I believe you may have already a big permanent improvement on your T, and you can safely taper off.

If you tape off, from my experience and some others. After taper off, for like 2 weeks, you will have louder T, maybe similar to pre-RTG stage, I consider that as a rebound effect. but after that time, T will go down very probably, much lower than the initial state, As i said in another most, most of the ones who tapered off and been on the drug on high dose for more than 3 months experienced this

EDIT: one question @Danny Boy why u take Trobalt in morning and Keppra at night, and not the other way as Trobalt makes u higher than keppra? u dont have to work or do something wich Trobalt interfieres. Might sound weird but I will do the same if I was on holidays to enjoy its effect..

EDIT: one question @Danny Boy why u take Trobalt in morning and Keppra at night, and not the other way as Trobalt makes u higher than keppra? u dont have to work or do something wich Trobalt interfieres. Might sound weird but I will do the same if I was on holidays to enjoy its effect..[/QUOTE]

I reckon that Autifony's drug will need to be taken longer than one month. Trobalt always lowered my tinnitus longer than 3 hours, so maybe I'm different, I'm just happy that I don't have kidney failure or kidney failure.

I take keppra together with trobalt...I only take trobalt once a day.

Interesting combo will be flupirtine + keppra. I will try some time when i will have bad T.
Hey, I saw you have been roughly criticized. You have limited to try drugs and share your experiences with us. I dont think that was missinformation. Thank you for risk your health for others, and keep posting please.
We seem to be alone against this illness and we dont have the investigation and funding we deserve, we have to help each other. Very little has been done till today when millions were invested in other, less common illness

My personal opinion about flupirtine is that is way too dangerous, people died or needed liver transplant in the studies, while noone died from Trobalt even on super high doses

Im sorry for what happened with combo Trobalt+Keppra as it seems a good a idea and is helping to dannyboy

EDIT: one question @Danny Boy why u take Trobalt in morning and Keppra at night, and not the other way as Trobalt makes u higher than keppra? u dont have to work or do something wich Trobalt interfieres. Might sound weird but I will do the same if I was on holidays to enjoy its effect..

So you take pills of keppra and trobalt together ??? @1MW had terrible T with that ¿?

Hey, I saw you have been roughly criticized. You have limited to try drugs and share your experiences with us. I dont think that was missinformation. Thank you for risk your health for others, and keep posting please.
We seem to be alone against this illness and we dont have the investigation and funding we deserve, we have to help each other. Very little has been done till today when millions were invested in other, less common illness

My personal opinion about flupirtine is that is way too dangerous, people died or needed liver transplant in the studies, while noone died from Trobalt even on super high doses

Im sorry for what happened with combo Trobalt+Keppra as it seems a good a idea and is helping to dannyboy

Yeah, I wouldn't risk that! Keppra is a very safe drug! Just go for keppra and trobalt and you can't go wrong.

Iam not had terrible T.. the first 3 hours was like magic my T to near 0 was about 0.5/10.
After drugs weared off after 3 hours got terrible T but resolved the next day with methylprednisolone.
I will try again the combo but this time at lower doses and not take the drugs together.
Tommorow i will make exams to see my condition if have prob from drugs..

Yeah, I do take both together.
What kind of neurologist would prescribe them both? They never give 2 anticonvulsants together. You even have to taper off properly first to go from one to the other. There is a reason for that. Would be probably dangerous especially in long term usage.

What kind of neurologist would prescribe them both? They never give 2 anticonvulsants together. You even have to taper off properly first to go from one to the other. There is a reason for that. Unless we abolish them altogether here.

Who said I had a neurologist haha

What kind of neurologist would prescribe them both? They never give 2 anticonvulsants together. You even have to taper off properly first to go from one to the other. There is a reason for that. Unless we abolish them altogether here.
He used 50 then he sreemd he cant see anything. That Dany started to use 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, then he back to 400x3 per day.

Then he used 600+600 two times in day.

then he used 1200 once in day.

and they he decided to use just 400 once in a day.

and then he added keppra to it and made it to some dosage.

and maybe he will go of trobalt to see how is his tinnitus behave.

Anyway, Danny boy is protected by GOD HIMSELF and no pill can damage him and be sure i believe in that!!!.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now