Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Someone got an head massage and their tinnitus was gone....Doesn't mean it can work for everyone.
Exactly and you have had no side effects on RTG either but that does not mean that is or will be the case for everyone either. Some may suffer side effects, some may get eye damage or kidney damage and others not.........you simply don't know.
There are many roads to Rome Danny...........

Exactly and you have had no side effects on RTG either but that does not mean that is or will be the case for everyone either. Some may suffer side effects, some may get eye damage or kidney damage and others not.........you simply don't know.
There are many roads to Rome Danny...........

So you're not gonna take trobalt then?

I assume this was confirmed by an opthalmologist, as the retina is at the back of the eye and not externally visible.

@Christian78 Can you give more details

yes unfortunately i went and she said it is change of color, and then ordered mri of epofis gland brain. why do you ask?

i know i am still not crazy :). but only left eye started to have discoloration

and i had 2 kidney stones... but i rather sleep normaly

Amandine you can try it if you want, but I don't think it will help. You're just hoping something other than drugs will work.
Of course I am hoping that something else can help me Danny as RTG is a very dangerous drug to take and is a last resort thing............just because you seem to have gotten through this with no side effects does not mean that everyone will get through with no side effects. On here people are discussing a post by Christian78 saying he has some sort of eye damage. We all hope that this is not the case and that Christian will be well with no damage whatsoever. Please may i ask when was the last time you had your eyes or kidneys checked Danny? Do you know for sure there is no damage to you internally after taking the RTG? If I recall I thought that this kind of eye damage was only supposed to happen after taking the RTG for 2 years or more and Christian78 was on it for less than a year and you have been on it since beginning of November plus Keppra now as well.
Hoping that it works for you and everyone but to be aware of the dangers of this drug is only being sensible.
Hoping that Christian is well............and sending thoughts and prayers to him.

Of course I am hoping that something else can help me Danny as RTG is a very dangerous drug to take and is a last resort thing............just because you seem to have gotten through this with no side effects does not mean that everyone will get through with no side effects. On here people are discussing a post by Christian78 saying he has some sort of eye damage. We all hope that this is not the case and that Christian will be well with no damage whatsoever. Please may i ask when was the last time you had your eyes or kidneys checked Danny? Do you know for sure there is no damage to you internally after taking the RTG? If I recall I thought that this kind of eye damage was only supposed to happen after taking the RTG for 2 years or more and Christian78 was on it for less than a year and you have been on it since beginning of November plus Keppra now as well.
Hoping that it works for you and everyone but to be aware of the dangers of this drug is only being sensible.
Hoping that Christian is well............and sending thoughts and prayers to him.

Well, I believe I have a permanent reduction in tinnitus, so sorry it was totally worth it. It's risk taking and if I didn't take the risk, I would've been dead as my tinnitus/hyperacusis/reactive tinnitus was far too much. So yeah, I'm still alive because I took the risk. Anyone that is prepared the die should take the risk, as if you want to die, you don't care anymore.

Well, I believe I have a permanent reduction in tinnitus, so sorry it was totally worth it. It's risk taking and if I didn't take the risk, I would've been dead as my tinnitus/hyperacusis/reactive tinnitus was far too much. So yeah, I'm still alive because I took the risk. Anyone that is prepared the die should take the risk, as if you want to die, you don't care anymore.
Yes I understand totally and can only agree with you in this case. For you it is and has been worth it and who knows if that is the case for me or anyone else. It is the risks that are so frightening which is all I am saying as this is a black flag drug and people need to be very much aware of that.......that is all I am saying. I am so happy that for you it is working and I wish the same for anyone trying this drug.

Yes I understand totally and can only agree with you in this case. For you it is and has been worth it and who knows if that is the case for me or anyone else. It is the risks that are so frightening which is all I am saying as this is a black flag drug and people need to be very much aware of that.......that is all I am saying. I am so happy that for you it is working and I wish the same for anyone trying this drug.

Well, it's not frighting. If you're willing to kill yourself, the the risk doesn't matter.

yes unfortunately i went and she said it is change of color, and then ordered mri of epofis gland brain. why do you ask?

i know i am still not crazy :). but only left eye started to have discoloration

and i had 2 kidney stones... but i rather sleep normaly
Thanks for responding.
I asked because one of the side effects of retigabine is retinal pigmentation.

I do have to say that Christian has been on it for a very long time now (would be great if he himself would put down his usage time) ... so it seems I gather from the few pieces of information he put on the website ... there have been very little experience reports of him and I don`t know if he had his eyes checked every so often or that this pigmentation occurred suddenly and than went to the doctor. I hope he is well but it is good share your experiences and what you did right/wrong ... so others can learn from your mistakes. Also people can point out things when reading your experience reports ... if you come up with ` moments of blurred vision ` I think it is a good sign someone else should say `Yo, go see a doctor and lower your Trobalt intake`

Can I suggest something that the veteran users could help with.

We need to have a list with do`s and don`ts of this medicine.

What should be checked before and during and with how much frequency. How much water intake/vitamins etc ... it should be a sticky on top of the page saying - taking or considering taking Retigabine ... read and follow these guidlines on your own risk! ...

I`m willing to put something together if people pm me with their ideas and knowledge

@Juan Carlos @locoyeti @Danny Boy @111 @Mpt @1MW @Christian78 @Markku @ ???

Can I suggest something that the veteran users could help with.

We need to have a list with do`s and don`ts of this medicine.

What should be checked before and during and with how much frequency. How much water intake/vitamins etc ... it should be a sticky on top of the page saying - taking or considering taking Retigabine ... read and follow these guidlines on your own risk! ...

I`m willing to put something together if people pm me with their ideas and knowledge

@Juan Carlos @locoyeti @Danny Boy @111 @Mpt @1MW @Christian78 @Markku @ ???
Well for me is simple i had almost all if not all side effects...

personally i hate amnesia, but there were moment when i scare people around me after i take trobalt my head just drop like i fall asleep on chair, but i come back it is not so big problem...

change of pigmentation occurred, it was not there, not it is different retina color on left eye, and even i dont notice some big problem to see with that eye doctor said to ho MRI of hipofise gland to be at least informed what is happening, and color will not go back to normal but to keep it as it is not to go up.

I had kidney stones, 2 times, and when i was on ultrasound for kidney stones there were crystals inside new one, but drinking more fluid helps it.

There is prostata problem, one can notices it harder to pee, or after urinating can hurt up to 5 minutes...

Point is what you get, what you lose, that sad think you lose is memories, i could thing about 6 things same time, not i can not 2, if i check a phone i miss bus station, and so on, not able do 2 thing same time.... and i forget thing like for example movie Chocolate, so good movie but i forgot it almost. Those things mean very much to me because i am very emotional. I think a person without memories who forget all good moments in life is better dead, but i keep reminding myself so i dont forget.

I had those heart problems... but not any longer, sudden change in dosage with give you symptoms like restless legs!!! Retina color change well that is luck, prostata definitely get enlarged, i know symptoms and i know how to check it before i used trobalt so i know it very vell... urine can become dark or dark orange because of blood in urine if the concentration of trobalt is high, best to drink more fluids.

And yes trobalt will definitely keep you sleeping 7h without problem, why , how, don't ask it is just like that accept it as a fact.

My usage of trobalt in one and half month will be full year. I am just angry why i had to become tolerant, why i could not be like danny boy too, being having 100% of effect.... :cry::cry:

personally i hate amnesia, but there were moment when i scare people around me after i take trobalt my head just drop like i fall asleep on chair, but i come back it is not so big problem...

change of pigmentation occurred, it was not there, not it is different retina color on left eye, and even i dont notice some big problem to see with that eye doctor said to ho MRI of hipofise gland to be at least informed what is happening, and color will not go back to normal but to keep it as it is not to go up.

I had kidney stones, 2 times, and when i was on ultrasound for kidney stones there were crystals inside new one, but drinking more fluid helps it.

There is prostata problem, one can notices it harder to pee, or after urinating can hurt up to 5 minutes...

Point is what you get, what you lose, that sad think you lose is memories, i could thing about 6 things same time, not i can not 2, if i check a phone i miss bus station, and so on, not able do 2 thing same time.... and i forget thing like for example movie Chocolate, so good movie but i forgot it almost. Those things mean very much to me because i am very emotional. I think a person without memories who forget all good moments in life is better dead, but i keep reminding myself so i dont forget.

I had those heart problems... but not any longer, sudden change in dosage with give you symptoms like restless legs!!! Retina color change well that is luck, prostata definitely get enlarged, i know symptoms and i know how to check it before i used trobalt so i know it very vell... urine can become dark or dark orange because of blood in urine if the concentration of trobalt is high, best to drink more fluids.

And yes trobalt will definitely keep you sleeping 7h without problem, why , how, don't ask it is just like that accept it as a fact.

My usage of trobalt in one and half month will be full year. I am just angry why i had to become tolerant, why i could not be like danny boy too, being having 100% of effect.... :cry::cry:
If you get tolerance maybe it is time to step back from it ... taper down super slow, wait a few months and than asses if it is safe to start up again. A year is a long time.Why take it if all you get is side effects and toxicity?

thank you for explaining your experience

Reading your post again it is my advice you should stop for a good while buddy.

We don`t want you to become a demented blind Christian with a big prostate that can`t remember the movie chocolat!

;)

Christian I advice you to stop Trobalt for a while, there are some benefits:
-People will stop thinking you are drugged or dumb all day
-You will be able to pee whenever you want
-You will have memory
-You will become fast, effective, efficient, will do things 3x times faster
-Your sexual appetite will come back, with revenge
-Your trobalt tolerance will stop and maybe will disappear so you will be able to use Trobalt when you Really need it, as it happened to me last weekend after a concert spike, it was really effective
-Your general health will improve

From my experience and some others, after you taper down, you will have around 2 weeks of very loud T, you need to be patient because that is temporary, after those 2 weeks T will come down. You can use some other drug to sleep during this 2 weeks, clinadil or something else not benzos. I know you like the highness effect but this cannot stay forever because of nasty long term effects of this drug. One friend used Dogmatil after trobalt and worked better, did not try still, its also a nasty drog but can be useful to stop trobalt

Christian I advice you to stop Trobalt for a while, there are some benefits:
-People will stop thinking you are drugged or dumb all day
-You will be able to pee whenever you want
-You will have memory
-You will become fast, effective, efficient, will do things 3x times faster
-Your sexual appetite will come back, with revenge
-Your trobalt tolerance will stop and maybe will disappear so you will be able to use Trobalt when you Really need it, as it happened to me last weekend after a concert spike, it was really effective
-Your general health will improve

From my experience and some others, after you taper down, you will have around 2 weeks of very loud T, you need to be patient because that is temporary, after those 2 weeks T will come down. You can use some other drug to sleep during this 2 weeks, clinadil or something else not benzos. I know you like the highness effect but this cannot stay forever because of nasty long term effects of this drug. One friend used Dogmatil after trobalt and worked better, did not try still, its also a nasty drog but can be useful to stop trobalt
thank you dear, i tried to taper down before last worsening of tinnitus and i could not sleep any more at all

If you get tolerance maybe it is time to step back from it ... taper down super slow, wait a few months and than asses if it is safe to start up again. A year is a long time.Why take it if all you get is side effects and toxicity?

thank you for explaining your experience

Reading your post again it is my advice you should stop for a good while buddy.

We don`t want you to become a demented blind Christian with a big prostate that can`t remember the movie chocolat!

;)
becouse i would kill myself, i cant sleep without it

even now t is so strong in morning that it helps me i am sure 120% i would last 15 days if i stopped it

before my t worsening in 15 feb i tried to stoed it and i know i became zombie, nothing help to sleep, i slept 2h, last night 6-7 h +2h, 7 in on chunk +1,5h more after

i dont have anyone who lives with me to tie me for a bed when i want to rip of my veins with teeth

i was using ca 50 mg dizazepam, or 2 mg clonazepam +25 mg diazepam when i got t now i am on 2 mg

i get kidney stone, yes i enjoy pain more than tinnitus
yes i get sometimes big prostate, i rather have it than tinnitus
yes forget thing that is sad, i am good in medicine, history, electronics, it, carpentry, mechanics, fixing things in house, bikes etc... i know i forget them or i get clumsy but i i ...i can survive it... i will go now to beg them in sweden to fo rTMS, i hope it works so i can lower trobalt... i hope ... but litery i survive on TROBALT!!!!

you people who dont sleep i know how is it, but i sleep 6-7, sometimes 10h!!! I GO IN BED TURN MY SOUND VENTILATOR WHO HYPNOTIZE ME CLOSE MY EYES, AND WAKE 8H AFTER!!!

that is trobalt doing 500% i am sure

before i used all and everything, and it was 4+2+1 or just 4, i was using sedating things i could not smile, i was zombie ....

trobalt makes me sleep 8h regardless what noise i have before sleep, even if it is hardest spike

becouse i would kill myself, i cant sleep without it

even now t is so strong in morning that it helps me i am sure 120% i would last 15 days if i stopped it

before my t worsening in 15 feb i tried to stoed it and i know i became zombie, nothing help to sleep, i slept 2h, last night 6-7 h +2h, 7 in on chunk +1,5h more after

i dont have anyone who lives with me to tie me for a bed when i want to rip of my veins with teeth

i was using ca 50 mg dizazepam, or 2 mg clonazepam +25 mg diazepam when i got t now i am on 2 mg

i get kidney stone, yes i enjoy pain more than tinnitus
yes i get sometimes big prostate, i rather have it than tinnitus
yes forget thing that is sad, i am good in medicine, history, electronics, it, carpentry, mechanics, fixing things in house, bikes etc... i know i forget them or i get clumsy but i i ...i can survive it... i will go now to beg them in sweden to fo rTMS, i hope it works so i can lower trobalt... i hope ... but litery i survive on TROBALT!!!!

you people who dont sleep i know how is it, but i sleep 6-7, sometimes 10h!!! I GO IN BED TURN MY SOUND VENTILATOR WHO HYPNOTIZE ME CLOSE MY EYES, AND WAKE 8H AFTER!!!

that is trobalt doing 500% i am sure

before i used all and everything, and it was 4+2+1 or just 4, i was using sedating things i could not smile, i was zombie ....

trobalt makes me sleep 8h regardless what noise i have before sleep, even if it is hardest spike

Look, when people are being told they should stop and they answer with all the reasons why they shouldn`, they have a (small) dependency going on. You can dismiss it as much as you like but you should stop! for healths sake ... you seem like an emotional character that comes easily under the flux of his feelings and experiences ... maybe you should find a friend or psychologist that can guide you while you taper down without the use of any benzos or strong medication. 5-htp and melatonine seem fine in my opinion (check if this is true - anyone?)

Christian - it is time to taper down and hold on for the next few weeks to your socks ... after that things will settle down ...

Get help if you think you need it!

you slept without it before and you can again - don`t start to believe crap before you tried it - and even if you can not sleep it is time to stop imo.

Look, when people are being told they should stop and they answer with all the reasons why they shouldn`, they have a (small) dependency going on. You can dismiss it as much as you like but you should stop! for healths sake ... you seem like an emotional character that comes easily under the flux of his feelings and experiences ... maybe you should find a friend or psychologist that can guide you while you taper down without the use of any benzos or strong medication. 5-htp and melatonine seem fine in my opinion (check if this is true - anyone?)

Christian - it is time to taper down and hold on for the next few weeks to your socks ... after that things will settle down ...

Get help if you think you need it!

you slept without it before and you can again - don`t start to believe crap before you tried it - and even if you can not sleep it is time to stop imo.

i tried 2 times and did not done it, but i did done it without problem with benzos, with pain in legs and all, but trobalt i tried and i cant. my tinnitus get too wild and i cant do it, i chose to die rather

in january amanda know i tried to taper to zero even viking knows, and his doctor said there is no use to restart this medicine because of so called immunity or tolerance....

i did try and i went to misery, plunged like plane when he plunge into sea, i got t back and all problems, no sleep at all... i am not stupid... and some things i say are not ridiculous or pure excuse

i tried 2 times and did not done it, but i did done it without problem with benzos, with pain in legs and all, but trobalt i tried and i cant. my tinnitus get too wild and i cant do it, i chose to die rather

in january amanda know i tried to taper to zero even viking knows, and his doctor said there is no use to restart this medicine because of so called immunity or tolerance....

i did try and i went to misery, plunged like plane when he plunge into sea, i got t back and all problems, no sleep at all... i am not stupid... and some things i say are not ridiculous or pure excuse
If you could read though my eyes it would look stupid ... with all respect but you speak like a junkie speaks about heroin ... like if he can`t live without it ... of course you can! ... find medical help if you can`t do it alone ... atleast try it under supervision ... you go to misery because you let yourself plunge into it ... get help! get 5-htp, melatonin and whatever you need ... but please stop putting all these ideas in your head that sprout from the darkest corners ... We all suffer here so we know what you are going through ... i can`t just sit back here and let you talk like this while making the decision to continue a drug that will be very detrimental for your health ..

If you could read though my eyes it would look stupid ... with all respect but you speak like a junkie speaks about heroin ... like if he can`t live without it ... of course you can! ... find medical help if you can`t do it alone ... atleast try it under supervision ... you go to misery because you let yourself plunge into it ... get help! get 5-htp, melatonin and whatever you need ... but please stop putting all these ideas in your head that sprout from the darkest corners ... We all suffer here so we know what you are going through ... i can`t just sit back here and let you talk like this while making the decision to continue a drug that will be very detrimental for your health ..

you speak in poetry about your problems which means they are imagined ... you might not understand what I mean but you have a tendency to make things worse than they are ... it shows in your language. All respect to your trouble and problems but it is a valid observation that any psychologist would also make.

you know what mr Junkie!

I lived with it and tried many medication. I dont know for you, nyt my tinnitus got worse every 8 months, and i would likt to see you happening this so maybe you look it them trough my eyes.

After worsening in may last year by 200% i was lost, Danik know i wanted to kill myself but then trobalt came and gave me ease, and after it i got another increase in t in february by 30-40%.

All that was sustaining me in life then was trobalt. When you get to my point you have a right to discuss. I don't value life any more, i know that when i tried to go of trobalt just 0n 250 mg i got severely worse tinnitus, because of this you dotn have nothing to say in this, it is my life mr Junkie. I am not danny boy who gets high on this!!!

I hate this medicine, and i tried to lover dosage gradually, and i could not because of hyperacusis and severe tinnitus that came back. So please shut up and don't call me junkie.

and you stuff melatonin you know where and thos 5htp thing, i used thing to put me down so i don't know for my self because of tinnitus, i would stay every day in a room dark, because i could not stand sound of water running, sound of pipes in heating element, many sounds. YOU dare , you who dont know any story. Ask Telis what is to live with tinnitus, as i see you dont have tinnitus, if melatonin helps you , then you dont have tinnitus, your is pure psychological.

thease people can tell you something what is real tinnitus!!! And what have i survived !

@Viking @Danny Boy @dan @amandine

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

And @Viking neurologist said i will gain nothing with washing out because such pills don't get restarted, and I cant survive alone without it

and you cant tell me nothing because you cant say thing you have no idea, in Sweden there is no such thing just go to psikolist @Silvio Sabo knows sweden

On the end!!! I dont have to make my excuse to you.... who are you to tell me what to do!!! mr junkie (read @nills )

It destroys @Danny Boy health + he uses keppla , why dont you ask him to stop??? he has trobalt, ask him to sell you his trobalt, and he will tell you never, becouse it keeps him ALIVE!!!!!

mr junkie why u use trobalt, you might get blind r something, a advise you not even to try

RTG+levetiracetam is the killer T combination not RTG alone not levetiracem alone.
Maybe flupirtine + levetiracetam has the same effect but without retina pigmentation side effect.
Iam waiting some more flupirtine to try this combination.

And of course to me corticosteroids is the king for killing T but have severe side effects.
Sleep is key to reduction of T.

I see destroyed people from T here and fear to get RTG or flupirtine or levetiracetam.
If only you try you will not get permanent side effects.
Chronic use and higher doses cause retina pigmenetation... not trialing

RTG+levetiracetam is the killer T combination not RTG alone not levetiracem alone.
Maybe flupirtine + levetiracetam has the same effect but without retina pigmentation side effect.
[citation needed]
[citation needed]

Iam waiting some more flupirtine to try this combination.

And of course to me corticosteroids is the king for killing T but have severe side effects.
Sleep is key to reduction of T.

I see destroyed people from T here and fear to get RTG or flupirtine or levetiracetam.

I tried 200mg Trobalt +500mg Keppra, did not kill T, but i have to admit felt like i took 300mg Trobalt, so maybe yes there is a potentiation in effect and some day will try higher doses for example 300mg Trobalt + 1000 Keppra, in that case it might kill T for a while, i dont know

Curious that when take Keppra alone i feel absolutely nothing, no effect on T, no side effect at all, no sleepy, no head ache, nothing, its like i took a chewing gum

I tried 200mg Trobalt +500mg Keppra, did not kill T, but i have to admit felt like i took 300mg Trobalt, so maybe yes there is a potentiation in effect and some day will try higher doses for example 300mg Trobalt + 1000 Keppra, in that case it might kill T for a while, i dont know

Curious that when take Keppra alone i feel absolutely nothing, no effect on T, no side effect at all, no sleepy, no head ache, nothing, its like i took a chewing gum

Keppra is a safe drug.

To save everyone the bother, I have just read through the 10 page thread about Viking's experience with Keppra.

It had NO EFFECT on his tinnitus. He only reported that he felt his hyperacusis had been improved.

So Juan Carlos and Viking had no improvement when taking Keppra only.

Nobody ever said Keppra had any effect on tinnitus.

That wasn't my point. There are certain postings on that thread and here, inferring it is some form of wonder drug.

I have read ten pages of cut and pasted parts of scientific abstracts and hype on that thread about Keppra.

Viking said it helped his hyperacusis. Nothing else.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now