Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Even people who have pretty bad tinnitus and want to kill themselves are intent to commit the suicide don't want to use trobalt. For pete sake! If you want to die then this is a better solution, surely!?
Thats exactly my point. Its like a terminally ill cancer patient refusing a new experimental cancer drug.
Yes Dan, I agree.
Without T, I would be maybe natural high for the rest of my life.
And like everyone else, I am re-thinking my options every day.
Unfortunately some have good result with Trobalt, others have the opposite like kidney failure.
And I also know that we need more people to try.
Who here had kidney failure? This side effect was reported by GSK??

Yes Dan, I agree.
Without T, I would be maybe natural high for the rest of my life.
And like everyone else, I am re-thinking my options every day.
Unfortunately some have good result with Trobalt, others have the opposite like kidney failure.
And I also know that we need more people to try.

Well, it's your choice. Personally I would try it, as living a normal life again is everything. You should be lucky that you've even got trobalt...And if you don't want it send it someone who needs it.

Thats exactly my point. Its like a terminally ill cancer patient refusing a new experimental cancer drug?

My wife took a new experimental drug for cancer.
But this is already in test phase for two years and showed good results without side effects.
Of course everyone would do it.

Again, trust me, I am re-thinking about my options every day.
And one of those options is taking Trobalt in higher dosage for longer time.
Which is not possible at the moment since I have only some 100 mg pills.

We dont know anything about him, maybe his kidney was on its way out before....

Precisely my thoughts. I haven't had any kidney issues and it was one person. We didn't know anything about his circumstances. Like you Dan. You have pervious heart issues and trobalt isn't suitable for you. Same can go for people with diminished kidney functions.

My wife took a new experimental drug for cancer.
But this is already in test phase for two years and showed good results without side effects.
Of course everyone would do it.

Again, trust me, I am re-thinking about my options every day.
And one of those options is taking Trobalt in higher dosage for longer time.

Well, why don't they do this for Autifony's drug!?

Martin you have been saying this for months now....what happened with your friend in Spain?
We have a member here from Spain, Juan Carlos. I also had access to Trobalt yet I never heard from you.
You have the money to travel to Spain on a private jet, so stop co plaining and procrastinating.
You tried to swallow the habituation pill those Dr.Nagler and Moz and Oz Greg tried to sell you, but its all bullshit when it comes to catastrophic tinnitus, and you know it.

@Danny Boy @dan

Don't you guys ever get sick of sitting on this forum trying to convince others to take Trobalt and or Keppra?

Danny boy you said in the chatbox yesterday that you had kidney issues. Maybe if you stopped acting crazy people be more inclined to take your advice.

@Martin69

I don't blame you one bit for being scared. Trobalt is a helluva drug. Good Luck!

@Danny Boy @dan

Don't you guys ever get sick of sitting on this forum trying to convince others to take Trobalt and or Keppra?

Danny boy you said in the chatbox yesterday that you had kidney issues. Maybe if you stopped acting crazy people be more inclined to take your advice.

@Martin69

I don't blame you one bit for being scared. Trobalt is a helluva drug. Good Luck!

I had an urine infection, which is normal for me. Anyway, yesterday I was in a bad place, not because of tinnitus, but because of the people around me. It made me emotionally unstable. But I need to stay strong, as my strength and will can encourage others to want to live and I understand that. I want to instil hope in their hearts and ensure they realise the future is bright. Yesterday was yesterday, today is today and today is a new beginning.

I had an urine infection, which is normal for me. Anyway, yesterday I was in a bad place, not because of tinnitus, but because of the people around me. It made me emotionally unstable. But I need to stay strong, as my strength and will can encourage others to want to live and I understand that. I want to instil hope in their hearts and ensure they realise the future is bright. Yesterday was yesterday, today is today and today is a new beginning.

Urine infections are normal for you? They are pretty rare among the general male population. Usually indicative of an anatomical abnormality..but anyways..

Yes yesterday was yesterday and the day before was..well nevermind Danny..Hope things inprove for ya!

Urine infections are normal for you? They are pretty rare among the general male population. Usually indicative of an anatomical abnormality..but anyways..

Yes yesterday was yesterday and the day before was..well nevermind Danny..Hope things inprove for ya!

Well, one of trobalt's side-effect is burning pee.

Have ya? Does your doc think you're mad for taking a drug he didn't prescribe?

:LOL:

Well, I go to A and E and get checked there. Don't bother with my GP. He's not very helpful at all. Plus they get the results back faster. Don't have to wait like for a week.

Martin you have been saying this for months now....what happened with your friend in Spain?
We have a member here from Spain, Juan Carlos. I also had access to Trobalt yet I never heard from you.
You have the money to travel to Spain on a private jet, so stop co plaining and procrastinating.
You tried to swallow the habituation pill those Dr.Nagler and Moz and Oz Greg tried to sell you, but its all bullshit when it comes to catastrophic tinnitus, and you know it.
Complaining? I don't complain. I suffer, like you and others.

I have no friend in Spain, but someone who travels to Spain on a regular base - since he has a house there. And in April he brought two packages of 21 pills with 100 mg to me. Summer vacation is coming and I would get more Trobalt if I want. But again, if it would be a cure, I would take everything. But Christian had no success, Ricardo had kidney failure, others have side other side effects. This drug is no candy. That's all.

Habituation to my T today is impossible. Greg, Moz and Stoyan really try to help. And maybe one day, my body and brain have adjusted to this craziness in my head. I really don't know myself. If I would believe in this TRT, I would fly to Atlanta to Dr. Nagler or Jacqui Sheldrake to London. But they did TRT here in Germany with me - even if Dr. Nagler says there is no TRT in Germany. Whatever, 2-3 or even only one loud high-pitched tone > 15 kHz is simply difficult, as you say "catastrophic".

Complaining? I don't complain. I suffer, like you and others.

I have no friend in Spain, but someone who travels to Spain on a regular base - since he has a house there. And in April he brought two packages of 21 pills with 100 mg to me. Summer vacation is coming and I would get more Trobalt if I want. But again, if it would be a cure, I would take everything. But Christian had no success, Ricardo had kidney failure, others have side other side effects. This drug is no candy. That's all.

Habituation to my T today is impossible. Greg, Moz and Stoyan really try to help. And maybe one day, my body and brain have adjusted to this craziness in my head. I really don't know myself. If I would believe in this TRT, I would fly to Atlanta to Dr. Nagler or Jacqui Sheldrake to London. But they did TRT here in Germany with me - even if Dr. Nagler says there is no TRT in Germany. Whatever, 2-3 or even only one loud high-pitched tone > 15 kHz is simply difficult, as you say "catastrophic".

If you're willing to go all the way to Atlanta to got and do TRT which may not work, then you are desperate. All I'm saying is, try 400mg just once and see if it has any effect. If it doesn't then don't carry on, if it does then least you know it does work.

If you're willing to go all the way to Atlanta to got and do TRT which may not work, then you are desperate. All I'm saying is, try 400mg just once and see if it has any effect. If it doesn't then don't carry on, if it does then least you know it does work.
You mean without tapering up?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now