Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Say
How do i go about telling my neurologist about trobalt or keppra? What do i say, i have trouble trying to figure out what to say. Im planning to setup an appt. I have to travel 2hours. I have hard time falling asleep, it get instense then. Im afraid he will dismiss me. Will he make me take blood?
whatever you want and ask whatever you want to know ... they will never give you RTG, Keppra they will not have any problems with. only a renegade doctor might be willing to give you RTG or you have to get it from Spain or maybe portugal. And the best thing is to know what your speaking about ... if you come in and say `I have heard of this thing on the internet` you loose all chances ... `if you start speaking of the actions why it works and what is doing it in the brain you might have a good conversation` ...
I do not think it is called different, but when i handed my prescription to the pharmacist here she did not know what it was, she had to look it up and order it, I guess it is a pretty rare drug lol

PS: on a sidenote, apparently this drug is not covered by health service and I had to pay full price because it is not prescribed for what it is intended (epilepsy), that sucks.

Yes, no insurance covers it because of the reason you stated .. it is not for tinnitus.

And pharmacies don`t know everything ... so you just have to make them look it up on computer and order it.

Yes, no insurance covers it because of the reason you stated .. it is not for tinnitus.
say what you will about the sad state of US healthcare, but my insurance co was happy to cover this at a $50 copay (which is definitely the expensive tier as far as copays, but much cheaper than buying it outright).

Say

whatever you want and ask whatever you want to know ... they will never give you RTG, Keppra they will not have any problems with. only a renegade doctor might be willing to give you RTG or you have to get it from Spain or maybe portugal. And the best thing is to know what your speaking about ... if you come in and say `I have heard of this thing on the internet` you loose all chances ... `if you start speaking of the actions why it works and what is doing it in the brain you might have a good conversation` ...

And pharmacies don`t know everything ... so you just have to make them look it up on computer and order it.
You think they will give you Keppra in the US? My neurologist looked at me WTF!

Maybe this has been asked allready,

But we know that for most people taking Trobalt it has a positive effect on T. and that is very good off course.

But any people can share there experience what happens when you stop Trobalt? Will it be louder than before, the same ?

I sure don't want to make things worse in the long run.

I took my first 300mg dosage of Trobalt about on hour ago. I'm absolutely unable to play guitar right now and typing correctly is kind of hard at the moment. The feeling is pretty funny, it's kind between being stoned and drunk I'd say. But for new Trobalt users I'd say: Nothing to fear about this feeling. T feels softer than before alltho I can still hear it clearly. So I'd say the loudness has changed a little but the T doesn't feel as piercing as it did when I wasn't on Trobalt.

Maybe this has been asked allready,

But we know that for most people taking Trobalt it has a positive effect on T. and that is very good off course.

But any people can share there experience what happens when you stop Trobalt? Will it be louder than before, the same ?

I sure don't want to make things worse in the long run.
@Danny Boy went down from 8 to 0 at a course of 8 months. After that his T has been between 1 and 3 if I recall correctly.

@Danny Boy went down from 8 to 0 at a course of 8 months. After that his T has been between 1 and 3 if I recall correctly.

Let's hope so,

I started taking it 2 days ago and even though I am still on a low dose this thing really seems to kick some T ass, maybe it is the placebo effect, we shall see how it goes.

edit: I was asking because yesterday my T was very silent for the whole day, but later that night, a couple of hours after the last pill my T came back with a vengeance and hit me with an uppercut of loudness 6 or 7, now I am pretty much habituated to my base level of 4, maybe it is just coincidence, my wife was worried it was because of that and i qoute: that rubbish you are taking.

that rubbish you are taking.
upload_2015-9-17_16-43-15.png

Have any of you who tried retigabine also have/had reactive tinnitus/hyperacusis that improved or cured by taking this drug?

Can somebody answer please???!!!!

In my case, trobalt helped get rid of the amplification of hyperacusis, but did not stop the aversion to sounds nor the reactiveness. Keppra however got rid of the reactiveness and the aversion to sounds.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now