Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

90% of pharmacies in Spain will order Trobalt for you from a central drug repository. You DO NOT need any prescription- just act like a tourist and they will be happy to sell you 14 boxes of Trobalt at €110 for 84x200mg pills (per box).

Sorry @dan but I don't think this is the case.... A friend of mine went on vacation to Mallorca a couple of weeks ago. He is a 'kiwi' so definitely a tourist. @Juan Carlos was so kind to provide me with some addresses of pharmacies where he always buys trobalt. So my friend went there: one pharmacy told him they did not have it, the other told him that he needed a prescription. Perhaps he should have pushed more but he did not and I am thankful that he tried anyway.

Now this week some other friends of mine are in Valencia, so to keep them from having to go from one pharmacy to another I asked to see if there are some pharmacies there that will sell it to them without any trouble.

Lastly, I jumped the gun and said I was cured. I guess I was just excited. I won't know until a few weeks, but even if I'm not I can't do anything about it. I'm used to masking and I've adapted to life with tinnitus and as I said, it's never returned to baseline. Either way, if people want me to stay, I will. If you want me to go I will. I don't want to be like Dr. Nagler hated by many. I'm just a normal guy, not special in any way. Really, I post a lot and come on here way too much, because I just like being apart of the community.

Stay Danny. Whether your T has gone permanently or whether it's just temporary, you have succeeded in getting rid of it at least for now. And you're BRAVE. Drugs scare the hell out of me. I'm scared they'll make everything permanently worse. You took them and have at least had positive results.

Make sure you get out there and enjoy the silence too though :LOL: - there's a lot happening in Bristol & you don't want to miss it!

ps. You are nothing like Dr Nagler. That man annoyed me intensely.

Click

Sorry @dan but I don't think this is the case.... A friend of mine went on vacation to Mallorca a couple of weeks ago. He is a 'kiwi' so definitely a tourist. @Juan Carlos was so kind to provide me with some addresses of pharmacies where he always buys trobalt. So my friend went there: one pharmacy told him they did not have it, the other told him that he needed a prescription. Perhaps he should have pushed more but he did not and I am thankful that he tried anyway.

Now this week some other friends of mine are in Valencia, so to keep them from having to go from one pharmacy to another I asked to see if there are some pharmacies there that will sell it to them without any trouble.
Ok so 90% of pharmacies in Alicante and Torrevieja! (Tried tested and true!)

I live in Sweden, all medications are basically free here :p. There is a law that gives you a free card to buy as much medication as you want when you pass 220 euro in a year.

This is not entirely correct. You can get all the drugs for free when you have passed 220 euros in one year IF the drugs have been prescribed to you by your doctor and if they also are covered by the health care plan. For some drugs you still have to pay or for those that are sold without prescription.

But then again even up to that 220 euros you don't pay full price for all the medicines because the prices in the pharmacies are usually discounted since they are partially paid by the health care system.

I can't sleep anymore without 300-400mg trobalt.
Yesterday i had 0/10 T but no sleep.
Seems that i have developed depedence to rtg

I wouldn't draw that kind of conclusion based on one night...Additionally there is pretty big sampling of Trobalt users and there is nothing mentioned about sleeping problems.

in Spain, in pharmacies, normally they dont have Trobalt as its a rare drug to sell, so you just have to wait one day for it to come to the pharmacy from the main storage
About dependency, MW1 draws conclusions too fast. I never had problems to sleep after stopping Trobalt, neither was reported by other users. If you have problems to sleep, try doing exercise during the day and have a fixed sleeping timetable
Of course it helps to sleep, wich doesn't mean it makes dependency
Besides i have to say that sometimes, like max once per week i take a dose if i had a stressing day and it feels so good..

did you taper off? and how many days without sleep? ...

atleast with 0 T you can enjoy lying awake in your bed ... :p

Ii left it cold turkey for 5 to 6 days before starting again at low dose. In those days i still slept like very well

in Spain, in pharmacies, normally they dont have Trobalt as its a rare drug to sell, so you just have to wait one day for it to come to the pharmacy from the main storage
About dependency, MW1 draws conclusions too fast. I never had problems to sleep after stopping Trobalt, neither was reported by other users. If you have problems to sleep, try doing exercise during the day and have a fixed sleeping timetable
Of course it helps to sleep, wich doesn't mean it makes dependency
Besides i have to say that sometimes, like max once per week i take a dose if i had a stressing day and it feels so good..

To be honest, he combines so many drugs together...That he's already dependant on drugs, even before he started trobalt.

pretty much every known positive allosteric modulator of GABA which has been studied for dependence and withdrawal insomnia, has been shown to produce dependence and withdrawal insomnia.

Given that RTG is, among other things, a positive allosteric modulator of GABA, I would frankly be shocked if it's not very capable of producing dependence and withdrawal insomnia. Just because these effects do not show up in all users after short-term, relatively low dose use, does nothing to change my mind on that.

This seems against reason. If one doesnt sleep that should educe anxiety which should bring on Tinnitus. What a unique circumstance, no sleep but no Tinnitus as well.

Hello i didn't taper and iam not depedent to benzos or corticosteroids anymore.
I have stopped benzos & corticosteroids before some months.
With rtg help i stopped benzos very easily without serious withdraw symptoms.
At 1st week of taking rtg systematicaly 200mg dose stonned me but now with 200mg
i don't feel stonned i can not feel any difference when i take it.
To achieve now the same stone feeling of 200mg(taken at start) must get 500mg dose.
My T is better is near 0 when i sleep good previous day and about 2-4 when
i don't sleep well or have noise exposure.

How do i go about telling my neurologist about trobalt or keppra? What do i say, i have trouble trying to figure out what to say. Im planning to setup an appt. I have to travel 2hours. I have hard time falling asleep, it get instense then. Im afraid he will dismiss me. Will he make me take blood?

90% of pharmacies in Spain will order Trobalt for you from a central drug repository. You DO NOT need any prescription- just act like a tourist and they will be happy to sell you 14 boxes of Trobalt at €110 for 84x200mg pills (per box).
Today I asked about trobalt in a pharmacy here in Madrid , he had no clue what I was talking about , is it called something else here ?

Today I asked about trobalt in a pharmacy here in Madrid , he had no clue what I was talking about , is it called something else here ?
Tell him to check his computer! He should input T-R-O-B-A-L-T.

P.S.
I am drank Malt beer from UAE called Barbican yesterday! It was soo good I bought a 6-pack! UAE baby!

I do not think it is called different, but when i handed my prescription to the pharmacist here she did not know what it was, she had to look it up and order it, I guess it is a pretty rare drug lol

PS: on a sidenote, apparently this drug is not covered by health service and I had to pay full price because it is not prescribed for what it is intended (epilepsy), that sucks.

Tell him to check his computer! He should input T-R-O-B-A-L-T.

P.S.
I am drank Malt beer from UAE called Barbican yesterday! It was soo good I bought a 6-pack! UAE baby!
Barbican yeah I know it its so good:Denjoy it bro ;) there is no alcohol in it tho

I do not think it is called different, but when i handed my prescription to the pharmacist here she did not know what it was, she had to look it up and order it, I guess it is a pretty rare drug lol

PS: on a sidenote, apparently this drug is not covered by health service and I had to pay full price because it is not prescribed for what it is intended (epilepsy), that sucks.
Maybe it's retigabine here I don't know but I'll check again later today

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now