Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

what do you mean? how much? have you read this thread?

some people invest time to learn about it and than spend more time to share about it ... this question is too simple to answer.

Well, it's unsafe to split certain meds...I know that's for sure.

Well, it's unsafe to split certain meds...I know that's for sure.
I split Trobalt, no issues for me ... only issues splitting med`s is that you can`t really know how much you ingested and that the pill will dissolve faster because the protective seal is broken ...

ask yourself this, what is worse ... `overdosing` or cutting a pill? ... Simple ... better to cut a pill that will dissolve in your stomach anyway than take double the amount that is recommended for your health and safety.

There is so much to know about Trobalt and so much to learn form this thread ... but when you ask how much you should take i wonder if you have invested anything at all in YOURSELF ... people don`t understand that the laziness for information is the absence of self respect ... invest time in yourself ... why follow a road blindly when you know it can hurt you ... and why should someone else hold your hand a long the way when there are signs all over the place. ..

I split Trobalt, no issues for me ... only issues splitting med`s is that you can`t really know how much you ingested and that the pill will dissolve faster because the protective seal is broken ...

There is so much to know about Trobalt and so much to learn form this thread ... but when you ask how much you should take i wonder if you have invested anything at all in YOURSELF ... people don`t understand that the laziness for information is the absence of self respect ... invest time in yourself ... why follow a road blindly when you know it can hurt you ... and why should someone else hold your hand a long the way when there are signs all over the place. ..

With trobalt I went in blindly. I mean, I'm glad it worked for me...Not so happy that I put on weight, but it's a minor complaint.

What I am thinking right now is that there is no reason why I should not try it? Right? I mean, if the cons with Trobalt overweight the pros I can just quit it?

If you have the money to spend, this is IMO the right path. Try it carefully in some doctors supervision and see how it works for you.

Why rTMS is so expensive in USA? I have seen some prices in Europe, they are far away cheaper...
It's only expensive if it's not covered by insurance for the particular condition, but tinnitus rTMS is super experimental. Good luck finding many people anywhere who can say they have attempted to treat it specifically with any success. I am aware of only one person in the US who makes that claim, and even at that they have only treated a dozen patients. The reason for the expense in that case is that their protocol involves 2 treatments 5 days a week for a period of 6-12 weeks.

I'd consider trying to afford it, if it hits a point where hundreds of patients have been treated with success, and there exists longitudinal data about relapse rates over a period of a few years at least. Until then, it doesn't seem like a great investment. It is also likely that if it ever does get to that point, that there will exist some amount of insurance coverage.

I live in Sweden, all medications are basically free here :p. There is a law that gives you a free card to buy as much medication as you want when you pass 220 euro in a year.
then please go and get loads of free trobalt and share it out to those who want to try it. It can be posted certainly within europe with no problem. Of course your post and packing shall be covered. What do you say to that? Good idea?

@Zechariah
100% agree with you banana man I am so far doing well with my cream color pill. How are you doing with your trial so far?
I started at thursday and got some minor side effects at evening (felt like I was catching a flu) but after that I've had no side effects and drug hasn't affected my T. But I'm still at low dose (350mg/day). I'm not expecting any results until I get above 600mg/day.

I'll reporting my progress once a week to experiences thread.

Hi Danny can I ask you please that when you were using Kepra and Campral how much of these did you use and did you take them at the same time along with the Trobalt, were they easy to come by or do you need a description, apologies for so many questions just that I need to get some more trobalt and I would really like to experiment as you had.

Thank you
Fred

Well, keppra I was on 2000mg that was two divided doses of 1000mg, one in the morning and the second dosage in the evening. Campral I just took 3 333mg 3 times a day.

I don't think i will ever get these meds,by just merely mentioning it to my ENT she gave me the awkward eye.
" Medicine that's being used to treat the effects of epilepsy?i can't participate in guessing as the side-effects could be huge" Are there any clinical trials that show these meds to be working?.

I don't think i will ever get these meds,by just merely mentioning it to my ENT she gave me the awkward eye.
" Medicine that's being used to treat the effects of epilepsy?i can't participate in guessing as the side-effects could be huge" Are there any clinical trials that show these meds to be working?.
Read this, learn it, understand it, refer to it and print it with you when you visit your ENT next time:
http://www.researchgate.net/publica...channel_openers_in_cultured_neuronal_networks

Then you have actual scientific facts to enforce your arguments when you ask for prescription. Not just "some dude in internet told me" :cool:

Thanks !!!.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719453/

QUESTION: I'm concerned about liability for some off-label prescriptions I've written, but I'm confident these are the prescriptions my patient needs. Can I really be sued for giving the right medication just because it's off-label?

ANSWER: Although a lawsuit may be filed following an adverse event, the mere fact that a prescription is off-label does not mean that you will lose. The FDA has stated,1 and the American Medical Association agrees,2 that physicians are free to prescribe approved drugs for any scientifically supported use, whether on- or off-label.

The term off-label can apply to a wide range of prescriptions, from those that have voluminous support in scientific literature to those that are just now becoming known to the medical community.

Whether a given off-label prescription meets the standard of care will depend on the level of evidence available to support the use and how the clinician used the available evidence. In general, the more scientific evidence there is to support a given off-label use, the more likely that use is to meet the standard of care.

Although a prescription may be considered off-label for any number of reasons, our experience with claims has shown that there are a few particular types of off-label prescriptions that are frequently attacked in litigation following an adverse event.

The first is where the dose is significantly higher than the label recommendation; the second is where the drug is given for an indication not on the label; and the third is where the patient is not part of a population included in the clinical trials listed on the label. This last type usually involves children or geriatric patients.

Whether prescribing on-label or off-label, there are a few guidelines that can help increase patient safety and also reduce your liability risk.

Thanks !!!.

Washington, DC: Critics say the tens of thousands of lawsuits filed against the drug giants have had little impact when it comes to dismantling the off-label drug marketing schemes and therefore, there needs to be an all out campaign of highly publicized lawsuits filed against the doctors serving as middle man pushers, one by one by one.

It is illegal for a drug company to promote a drug for uses not listed on the FDA-approved label for the simple reason that the drug maker has not successfully proven to the FDA that the drug is safe or effective for uses not listed on the label.

offlabeldrugstimetosuedoctors.jpg
"However, because of a legal loophole wider than a barn door, doctors have the authority to prescribe a drug for an unapproved use if they believe a patient would benefit, which means all a drug maker has to do is find doctors willing to promote the off-label uses and deny the drug company's involvement in the scheme.

And recent studies on prescribing habits have shown that the drug companies have found thousands of doctors all across the US in every field of medicine more than willing to participate in drugging for profit schemes by writing prescriptions that result in fees paid for monthly office visits that require no more than a few minutes of the doctor's time.

Critics says the first round of lawsuits should be filed against the quacks involved in prescribing psychiatric drugs to millions of children who are now stigmatized for life by a label of mental illness and will face a life-time of discrimination in finding jobs and obtaining health insurance due to a trail of medical records showing a history of taking drugs used to treat the most severe mental illnesses of major depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

Critics point out that doctors in fields of medicine that have never before involved the diagnosing and treatment of mental illness would never have come up with the idea to prescribe psychiatric drugs off-label to children without the illegal prompting from the drug makers.

For example, on June 20, 2004, the Florida Sun-Sentinel reported that a review of Medicaid records in that state found doctors with specialties in dermatology, nutrition, anesthesiology, ophthalmology, allergy, radiology, plastic surgery, hematology, obstetrics, pathology, diabetes, rheumatology, and hand surgery wrote prescriptions for psychotropic drugs for children aged 12 and younger between September 2002 to September 2003.

In record numbers, children are being fed powerful psychiatric drugs, often in combination with each other, including selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor antidepressants like Paxil, Cymbalta, Lexapro, Celexa, Prozac, and Zoloft and the new generation of "atypical" antipsychotics, such as Zyprexa, Risperdal, Geodon, Seroquel, Clozaril, and Abilify.

Children are also receiving drugs for ADHD in record numbers including the stimulants Adderall, Dexedrine and Ritalin, often combined with drugs approved only to treat adults with epilepsy such as Depakote and Neurontin.

Experts say its not uncommon to see children on an SSRI, an antipsychotic, a stimulant drug, and a sleeping medication all at the same time. Neurologist, Dr Fred Baughman, author of, The ADHD Fraud, warns that multiple drugs are being prescribed together in combinations that are lacking of any scientific basis.

http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/articles/drugs-medical/off-label-drugs-01288.html#.VesjuJ3BzGc

then please go and get loads of free trobalt and share it out to those who want to try it. It can be posted certainly within europe with no problem. Of course your post and packing shall be covered. What do you say to that? Good idea?

To be more clear, the thing is, you get free meds after you pass 220 euro, but only as much as the doctor prescribes it. So, whenever i am out of meds my doctor will prescribe them and i will get them for free. That is how it works, and how it has always worked.

To be more clear, the thing is, you get free meds after you pass 220 euro, but only as much as the doctor prescribes it. So, whenever i am out of meds my doctor will prescribe them and i will get them for free. That is how it works, and how it has always worked.

Leo can you get unlimited trobalt prescription?

Did you notice that tropalt if free (those 220 euro) ONLY AND ONLY IF YOU HAVE EPILEPTIC HISTORY

In the UK all prescriptions cost-
  1. £8.05

2. It covers you for all of your own NHS prescription charges, no matter how many items you need. The charge for a single prescription is £8.05, whereas a three-month PPC will cost you £29.10 and a 12-month PPC is £104.00.
Or is free

You can get free NHS prescriptions if, at the time the prescription is dispensed, you:

• are 60 or over
  • are under 16
  • are 16-18 and in full-time education
  • are pregnant or have had a baby in the previous 12 months and have a valid maternity exemption certificate (MatEx)
  • have a specified medical condition and have a valid medical exemption certificate (MedEx)
  • have a continuing physical disability that prevents you from going out without help from another person and have a valid MedEx
  • hold a valid war pension exemption certificate and the prescription is for your accepted disability
  • are an NHS inpatient

You are also entitled to free prescriptions if you or your partner (including civil partners) are named on, or are entitled to, an NHS tax credit exemption certificate or a valid HC2 certificate (full help with health costs), or you receive either:

• Income Support
  • Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, or
  • Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
  • Universal Credit
In Wales prescriptions are free, but everyone has to pay for plastic shopping bags.

Your information is slightly outdated, @Danny Boy - An NHS prescription currently costs £8.20.
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx
In any case, I do not think many non-epileptic T-sufferers have been successful in persuading their GPs to prescribe Trobalt for treatment of T. My impression from reading this thread is that most UK people have needed to resort to other methods to obtain Trobalt but I admit I have not read the 196 page thread in its entirety.

Your information is slightly outdated, @Danny Boy - An NHS prescription currently costs £8.20.
In any case, I do not think many non-epileptic T-sufferers have been successful in persuading their GPs to prescribe Trobalt for treatment of T. My impression from reading this thread is that most UK people have needed to resort to other methods to obtain Trobalt but I admit I have not read the 196 page thread in its entirety.

By 15p lol...I got it from the NHS site, must've been slightly outdated but really, 15p's not that big of a difference.

Also, yes, you can get it in Spain prescription free...I have a list of pharmacies which will sell you some ^_^.

This is where mine was from.

http://www.nhs.uk/Planners/Yourhealth/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now