Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Is Briviact going to be available only as an infusion for IV or IM administration?
That would be disappointing.

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/medicine/31457

Paragraph 4.2 states:

Brivaracetam may be initiated with either intravenous or oral administration. When converting from oral to intravenous administration or vice versa, the total daily dose and frequency of administration should be maintained. Brivaracetam solution for injection/infusion is an alternative for patients when oral administration is temporarily not feasible.

So there's gonna be a pill.
But what does it have to do with rtg? There is a relevant topic somewhere.

@PatrickG I completely agree with you. A lot of persons try King Trobalt and disappear, I imagine that means Trobalt functions...but that's not fair for the other sufferers and to defend the trobalt cause for human trial.

after 4 moth benefits with small doses of Trobalt ( 300mg) some weeks ago increased till 500-600mg per day. also using 200mg finlepsin(carbamazepinum) per day. (finlepsin seems working ) . last week seems Trobalt effect faded.seems it didint working anymore ( maybe last week a bit more music listened sometimes a bit loud, or when it began i didint took finlepsin or just Trobalt effect faded ).
at night sound as 4 moth ago or something like that.
maybe someone had such situation when thobalt effect faded after some moth using it ? maybe i build up tolerance? if so it is strange that it happened almost in one day ..

maybe someone had such situation when thobalt effect faded after some moth using it ? maybe i build up tolerance? if so it is strange that it happened almost in one day ..

Yes. just read the last pages...you will find such posts from me and @Christian78

Guys remember when I told you guys the first week of taking trobalt I went to the emergency room because Trobalt made me physically feel my heartbeat without touching it. They did all the tests like X-ray etc. All was fine.

Well 3 days ago after taking Trobalt my left shoulder was painfull for a few minutes I just ignored it. Today I had pain in the back of my neck.

For the people who don't know. Pain in the left shoulder and back of the neck are Heart Attack symptoms.

So I freaked the fuck out and went to emergency room again today and again all was fine. They did the same thing again blood test and x-ray all the same test and nothing, all is good.

Now the thing is that evereytime I get to the emergency room the symptoms have already dissappeard. So they might not detected it. But the cardiologist said that they can detect any heart problems that may have happened in the last 24 hours.

So I don't know what to make of this.

What's there to make?
Trobalt affects qt interval and this is a known side effect. If you have any heart issues, you shouldn't really be on this drug. A disrupted heart cycle may lead to arrhythmias and other nasty stuff.

I never had any heart issue's before taking Trobalt, and like I said I went to the emergency room 2 times and both times they said my heart is healthy and no problems. If Trobalt indeed did effect my QT intervals or give me any other heart problems, wouldn't they already have picked that up.

I attached a file for you.

Attachments

• 20160102_165642.jpg
    20160102_165642.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 40
I have 3 appointments with 3 different neurologist this week. I have all the scientist evidence, the retigabine user experience, the informations about trobalt... I hope one of them will give me the drug but I think I have more chance my T/H disappear alone than this men will prescribe me King Trobalt ! >.<

@baz 22 Of course ! I've read all the posts on the 239 + 8 pages about Retigabine, thanks to all the posts published I have now a good knowledge about this drug. If I can find it, I'll make a lot of report :)

So i did some data analysis on the reports posted in the user experience thread. I only took those user reports into account that posted at least twice and made an assessment as to whether the drug helps them or not. Please note that I don't take any responsibility for my analysis. I made it only for my own use, but I thought I might share it with you guys as well. so here we go:

People that I included in my assessment: 28
% of people that reported any type of improvement in their t while on the drug: 24 (86%)
% of people that reported no improvement whatsoever: 4 (14%)

Then I looked at those people that reported whether their reduction in t was sustained after tapering off. Altogether there were 19 people who made such a report. The other 9 didn't make any report on whether their t returned. Of those 19, 7 (37%) reported that their t was lower even after tapering off. 12 (63%) reported that their t returned some time after tapering off. In one case it returned even 2-3 months after. Note: this assessment already excludes people that have taken the drug like aspirin, i.e. that didn't take it continuously for a couple of weeks.

Of these 19 cases I then excluded those individuals that had their t for over 2 years and again those that took the drug for one month or shorter. That leaves us with 11 cases. Of those 11 people, 6 (46%) reported that their t returned after tapering off and 7 (54%) reported that their t stayed low. Of those 7 cases, the oldest t was 12 months old.

When comparing the two groups in the last analysis, no real differences in the age of the t, the average dosages, the number of days of being on the drug or the initial severity of the t can be found.

I think that assessing the side effects is not a good idea, since they have been studied in clinical trial settings and are widely available. The most serious risk appears to be the one related to the QT intervals. I'd definitely do an ECG before considering taking the drug and telling my cardiologist that I'm considering taking a drug that increases the QT interval by ca. 7 msec on average.

Hope this helps anyone who is considering taking the drug.

Trobalt is normally an emergency treatment in research studies...we are all too late for the best effect, for over 2 years, we consider (with error maybe) that's a chronic T.
Trobalt have to function calming your neurons in the DCN which are excited by noise induced or ototoxicity....

The most serious risk appears to be the one related to the QT intervals. I'd definitely do an ECG before considering taking the drug and telling my cardiologist that I'm considering taking a drug that increases the QT interval by ca. 7 msec on average.

Very good data research, thank you for that. Regarding the QT issue, it is not a big issue with RTG. If i recall correctly, it is Kv7.1 are the receptors which are in almost exclusively in cardiac cells, and the effect from RTG on them was very weak (it was even thought that RTG has no effect on Kv7.1). I made a post a while back which compared the concentration required to affect the potassium potential, and the Kv7.1 were not effected much at all compared with the Kv7.2/3 (i think it was an order of magnitude).

Trobalt affects Kv7.2/3/4/5 but ECG can be useful in cas of family history...

@locoyeti how was you H before trobalt ? Did you have earache/headache/fulness of the ear ?

Sorry I tell my life but only you can understand ...

Today first appointment with a neuro for trobalt, after my explications he told me "wow you know the subject very well" (thanks to TT ^^), he's not again a prescription off label but he never gives trobalt...he'll call me next week to say ok or no !
I have two other meetings with neuro before the black market... crossed fingers :)

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now