Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Trobalt is normally an emergency treatment in research studies...we are all too late for the best effect, for over 2 years, we consider (with error maybe) that's a chronic T.
Trobalt have to function calming your neurons in the DCN which are excited by noise induced or ototoxicity....
Where do you see that trobalt is an emergency treatment ? Sf0034 also ?
After 6 months T are already chronic...
Is there somebody who have an old T and who had relief with trobalt ?

Today the color of my pee was black/dark brown. Kind of looked like blood. I did a urine test at the GP and no sign of blood or infection in there.

Anyone else had this happen to them?

you used Trobalt all time without a break ? maybe some break in using Trobalt can prevent from tolerance

>p.s. what it is rTMS ?- you mentioned it somewhere

I made a break but tolerance did not go away.

@snow86 did you develop tolerance?

I got in some testing Karolinska institutet in Sweden, they are trying to sort out what kind of tinnitus exist, and how people got them

@markoana ... I wanted u also to know this

• Appetite gain
  • Weight gain
  • Decreased vision acuity
  • Sedation
  • Drunkenness
  • Elevation of white blood cells
  • Water infections
  • Intense kidney pain-was in hospital many a times because of this
  • Gallbladder pain (Only happened once)
  • Restless leg, felt like ants were crawling up my leg, again only happened once
  • Seizure, again only happened once
  • Impaired thinking
  • Slurred speech

This seems pretty serious.

I might get Trobalt prescribed by one of my doctors and I really think of starting it because I'm only 3,5 months in since onset. What I need thelp with (and probably many more) is: Which health checkups should you do and how often? Kidneys, blood, eyes etc. Greatful for help. We could do a FAQ or manual about how to take Trobalt and have as a sticky post or something. Have a nice day guys!

I can only say that Trobalt has two effects on me:
1. Anti-anxiety
2. Lowering volume

This morning, I was completely down. Depression, anxiety and loud T. Was in the complete negative thought spiral downwards. 200 mg Trobalt pulled me out of this.

Worst for me is really anxiety. Loud, relentless T and impact on my life gives me high anxiety and depression.
Once I take Trobalt or a benzo and anxiety goes down, things get better at least for some hours.

Don't know yet if I should start a regular Trobalt usage.

Tomorrow I will now if I'll get Trobalt prescribed. Keeping my fingers crossed. If I get it I will report everything of interest and progress here on the forum. Have a nice weekend all of you and best wishes

Well obviously this medication is resolving many people's tinnitus, in the short term.

But it doesn't work for everyone and the side effects would certainly keep me away from it.

However, you'd think there would be alarm bells going off at research institutes about this class of drugs.

I am sure they could create,with enough will and money, some sort of analogue that concentrates on the ear nerve rather than the seizure controlling aspect.

If I was experimenting with this, which again I'm not going to be, I'd only use it near bed time and only on days when my tinnitus was unbearable.

24/7 dosing is looking for trouble and I'd be worrying about tolerance and the drugs losing it's tinnitus controlling effect.

I agree, I would like to see how SF drug worked out, or if AM101 is marketed very soon before trying trobalt. It should be last resort. In my opinion.

Does anyone know how to find out if troblt/potiga is blacklisted in Canada? Certainly they sell it online which confused me because on Wiki it doesnt whether say if it is or not legal?

@Philip I agree with everything you say. But not quite with the shortterm bit. Some users like mpt, papu, dannyboy and presley said they got longterm effect. Not scientifical but they seem sure that it was Retigabine which "cured/treated" them.

I talked with three people yesterday in a Facebook group who had chronic T for many many years. All of them tested Trobalt and all of them got so sick by the side effects that they had to quit early (and they got no effect on their T). Says a lot what this drug can do to people.

I wait for more details & more days...but I'll post my experience, that's normal, each potential candidate to this drug needs to have the most information possible.

Just got texted that I will get my Trobalt. I didn't expect that! Now there will be careful planning whether to take it or not. As I mentioned I'm 3,5 months in and have severe multi-noise very fluctuating T. Worth trying out?

So how is everyone getting their hands on Trobalt, especially those of you from the USA? Neurologists? Would it be worth trying to shoot for permanent relief if you are still within 1 month from onset but beyond 2 weeks?

Just got texted that I will get my Trobalt. I didn't expect that! Now there will be careful planning whether to take it or not. As I mentioned I'm 3,5 months in and have severe multi-noise very fluctuating T. Worth trying out?

Man , obviously nobody can make that decision except you.
I will say this . I wish that I had access to it in my first months.
I feel that I am beyond saving or reduction although I am on Trobalt but I have had T for 3 years now so....

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now