Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

The thread for this drug is too long, so I was wondering if you can taper off Trobalt after taking it till T stops? Also, how long after onset is this drug useful?

Seems to affect my kidney ? 4 hours after my first pill of 100mg, I felt pressure in the back (kidney ?), Took the pills during 36hours (I felt this pressure). I don't take this sunday & less pressure ?
Wow, I'd like to understand something...

Seems to affect my kidney ? 4 hours after my first pill of 100mg, I felt pressure in the back (kidney ?), Took the pills during 36hours (I felt this pressure). I don't take this sunday & less pressure ?
Wow, I'd like to understand something...
maybe you should drink more water ...

I drink something like 2 liters by day...I make sport and eat healthy, so I will make more blood & urinary test before trying again ;-)

The thread for this drug is too long, so I was wondering if you can taper off Trobalt after taking it till T stops? Also, how long after onset is this drug useful?
just an internet scoop. Avoid this drug. The "big golden bullet drug" based on the retigabine, the aut0063 have failed at 1° phase of the trial.

So people who had relieves with are...liars ?
Absolutely not liars. Placebo effect like for many many others drugs/supplement. About antiseizures drugs, on internet, there was a time for gabapentin, then tegretol, trileptal, keppra, then clonazepam etc...etc...

considering that for this damn tinhitus there aren't effective treatments we are at the last and desperate choice of the last and desperate drug for refractory seizures. The time of retigabine.

Absolutely not liars. Placebo effect like for many many others drugs/supplement. About antiseizures drugs, on internet, there was a time for gabapentin, then tegretol, trileptal, keppra, then clonazepam etc...etc...

considering that for this damn tinhitus there aren't effective treatments we are at the last and desperate choice of the last and desperate drug for refractory seizures. The time of retigabine.

You're pretty wrong with your assumptions.
But you werent even registered here when some of us made pretty detailed trials.
https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/retigabine-trobalt-potiga-—-general-discussion.5074/page-187#post-131655

It's just about the definition or "relief"...Trobalt is no cure and surely it wont give any lasting relief. Im sure the people with new mild T who were "brave" enough to take it didnt get rid of T by trobalt. They have probably habituated and their brain took care of the rest. Thats how it is with mild T (or new t)

When it comes to Trobalt, its pretty much the only drug out there which can lower the T from minutes to hours. Sometimes it wont work at all. So I dont know why youre throwin around words like "internet scoop". Thats almost like trolling. Trobalt has huge potential and it's just sad that Autifony couldnt make something out of it.

The Issue remains the same. If you are new to T. You should stay away from Trobalt.
Its not really worth the short relief. You are trading for eye floaters, urinary retention, heart issues, kidney issues, liver issues. Not really a good idea...usual T will get manageable over time...

...but if youre pretty much dead like me, with 10 different sounds in full volume which make you wanna shot yourself every minute...600MG of trobalt feel like real relief when you get that feeling that the T volume gradually lowers in a matter of minutes/seconds...thats the best feeling you can get if you have extreme T....lasts about 5-10 min before the storm comes back (used to be hours months ago) And its not your placebo.

Tho I im not taking it often, it is just too much of a posion.

The "big golden bullet drug" based on the retigabine, the aut0063 have failed at 1° phase of the trial.
Not true. Retigabine and AUT00063 act on different potassium channels. Additionally, AUT00063 failed in Phase II not Phase I. SF0034 is supposed to be a better Retigabine with fewer side effects.

You're pretty wrong with your assumptions.
But you werent even registered here when some of us made pretty detailed trials.
https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/retigabine-trobalt-potiga-—-general-discussion.5074/page-187#post-131655

It's just about the definition or "relief"...Trobalt is no cure and surely it wont give any lasting relief. Im sure the people with new mild T who were "brave" enough to take it didnt get rid of T by trobalt. They have probably habituated and their brain took care of the rest. Thats how it is with mild T (or new t)

When it comes to Trobalt, its pretty much the only drug out there which can lower the T from minutes to hours. Sometimes it wont work at all. So I dont know why youre throwin around words like "internet scoop". Thats almost like trolling. Trobalt has huge potential and it's just sad that Autifony couldnt make something out of it.

The Issue remains the same. If you are new to T. You should stay away from Trobalt.
Its not really worth the short relief. You are trading for eye floaters, urinary retention, heart issues, kidney issues, liver issues. Not really a good idea...usual T will get manageable over time...

...but if youre pretty much dead like me, with 10 different sounds in full volume which make you wanna shot yourself every minute...600MG of trobalt feel like real relief when you get that feeling that the T volume gradually lowers in a matter of minutes/seconds...thats the best feeling you can get if you have extreme T....lasts about 5-10 min before the storm comes back (used to be hours months ago) And its not your placebo.

Tho I im not taking it often, it is just too much of a posion.
I'm pretty dead like you and 2 years ago, from August 2014 to November 2014 I tryed the retigabine up to 600mg plus clonazepam without success, or to be more correct, the same results or less than tegretol.
Like for others suffers I should be free to show my point of view.

Sure. But calling it 'placebo' is wrong since it has pretty clear working mechanics. Well whatever. It didn't work out for both of us.

Hello guys!
I think I am an one of the exceptions over here. I had a really bad t week, I was exposed to kind of loud noises and I started this week to take Trobalt again, I took 200 mg in the morning and 200mg before sleep(last night I took 300 mg).
I noticed that my t is more tonal than in the beginning, it's like I have a siren in my head, it is Eeeeeeee and Aaaaaaa and Uuuuuu, it's like I hear sounds from hell....last night I had a spike and I really tought that I am in hell.
What I want to say is that Trobal doesn't seem to do anything for my t, I only had some white circles in my eyes that come and go away, it's like when someone flashes you and then you see some white or yellow faded stains for a couple of seconds, this is happening 2 or 3 times a day.
My t is very reactive, when I wake up is softer, a hiss and if I plug my ears I can hear a Uuuuuuu sound from the back of my head, after I heae some noises the siren is back.
Do you think Trobalt doesn't work for tonal t? Is any of you having similar tones like me?

It's COHERENT. And whoops! looks like I forgot to qoute someone in my response, wow how unintelligent of me! I blame the drugs (that help my t & h ) Still coherent though..Geez man, what did you do? dig through my posts for a half hr to " get back at me" ahahahaha..You made a ridiculous generalization about all drugs and tinnitus that is simply untrue. Deal with it.

that definetly is a possibility but if it was like that it surely help me habituate because in the first week of trying it up to 600 mg a day it when from 7 to 0 the major part of the day and finally stay at a 2. No cure but it sure help somehow specially in recent T. Right now about two months off of trobalt i am at 1 or a 2. for example yesterday it was a t free day unless i look for it.

that definetly is a possibility but if it was like that it surely help me habituate because in the first week of trying it up to 600 mg a day it when from 7 to 0 the major part of the day and finally stay at a 2. No cure but it sure help somehow specially in recent T. Right now about two months off of trobalt i am at 1 or a 2. for example yesterday it was a t free day unless i look for it.

Glad to hear it's worked out for you ^_^.

Very interested in your user experience @Danny Boy . How it's going for you and if you are experiencing any side-effects. And of course I hope that you'll be ok with all that you're going through

Well, I don't get any side-effects from trobalt anymore. My body has adapted to it, it seems.

@Danny Boy
Could you tell us what was the T level that determined you to resume Trobalt? A 5, an 8, or what? If you want to help us with your experience tell us, so we know what we can expect.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now