• We have updated Tinnitus Talk.

If you come across any issues, please use our contact form to get in touch.

Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

Is this drug just dumbing down the effects/perception of tinnitus by getting you wasted/high? Sounds like a chemical lobotomy to me.

Is this drug just dumbing down the effects/perception of tinnitus by getting you wasted/high? Sounds like a chemical lobotomy to me.

Nope, unfortionetly not, it would good if one would be high, but high effect is not often and last 30 minutes, and then you become more dull... but if you listen your tinnitus, definitely one can not compare. 10 h after taking a dosage you get your sharpness back and all, but t does not come as real t, i raises a bit in volume maybe 15-20%.

Retigabine has effect on lowering tinnitus. I know what you mean, to make you dull as when you are drunk and so on so you don't pay attention. And it is not like that. That "dull" situation for me makes t worse because then i cant do nothing and irritates me and then t becomes worse.

There is so just 40 min like some strange effect and then it is gone... it is just like that, i thing there is in side effect called something hyper...something, also that same situation can make you be very easily irritated, but one control himself and it is ok.

So definitely is not chemical lobotomy, max dosage is 400 mg and i am on 250 morning+200 afternoon+250 night...

I had kidney stones, those quite big and i pee them out, and i know what is high to be on trodone 50mg x3 to 8 per day, or spazmofen (morfium) and this definitly is not that.

Danny, bealive they want to be sure of a hearing cell damage. Hearing lost typically is. They do not whant any somatic caused T to mess their studie up.
Very good point, its the same reason an audiogram is one of the important tools that Dr.Jeanmonod uses to determine eligibility for his operation - along with the qEEG of course. So if your hearing is perfect it puts great doubt in his mind to treat you.
He considers a surgical intervention ineffective in purely psychosomatic tinnitus (i.e. without any obvious auditory deafferentation etc)

Does anyone know how many hours your meant to take the tablets? Is it one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one before you go to bed?

Does anyone know how many hours your meant to take the tablets? Is it one in the morning, one in the afternoon and one before you go to bed?
Every 8h exactly for example at 24:00 at 8am and 16:00, start with 150mg per day and increase 150 every 4 or 5 days. Thats start with 50x3 per day. Maximum depends on how can you cope with side effects. Effective dose should be from 700 as i remember, i guess it varies with every person. As i see christian effective dose is 700 and sometimes has to add 50mg to kill T

Every 8h exactly for example at 24:00 at 8am and 16:00, start with 150mg per day and increase 150 every 4 or 5 days. Thats start with 50x3 per day. Maximum depends on how can you cope with side effects. Effective dose should be from 700 as i remember, i guess it varies with every person. As i see christian effective dose is 700 and sometimes has to add 50mg to kill T

I've only got 43 100mg, 74 200mg and 84 300mg tablets...After that, I won't be able to get anymore

Probably the least worrisome increase is 150mg/day to 300mg/day, so if Danny tolerates the 150mg pills, cutting them in half, then follows locoyeti's suggestion to take the next increase after 3 days, that's 4 1/2 pills to get to 300mg on day 4. You can feel it out, see how it is affecting you. One thing that occurred to me is it might be good to ask somebody who knows you well to tell you if you seem to be acting way off. That seems like a decent supply.

What I'd do is get a few empty pill bottles and every time you take a pill, drop a pill of the same strength in one of the bottles. That way, when it comes time to taper down your dosage, you'll have exactly the same strength of pills that you had while stepping up. You won't have to cut pills or worry about counting later. If you can tolerate it enough to get on 300mg x 3/day, you won't have to save those back, because you'll be decreasing from there - if you even need to go that high.

One pill has half life 8h , that meant if fall in blood concentration to 50%. so look on my post and you will find answer even chart is there, took me time to find it. so there it say 3 times a day. Day has 24h, so 3x8=24, therefore every 8 hour one, you sleep 8h, therefore before bad, after a bed, and one in the middle between waking up and going to sleep.

w9IQBah.jpg

"""For this case dosages were 200+200+200

During a sleep it goes up, become i take a pill 22:00 and go up with my masking sounds, and terrible upper back pain (probably i move to little, have to do exercise more- stretch , at parents i had it little, here 6 times more, i don't know why, i have been painting walls yesterday), took a pill at 10:00 (12 h distance, so what happen is that pill fell in to low concentration in blood. So, bow is 6% of sound of t, but it varieties with stress it go up but still tolerable - habituated.

Red is normal concentration when you ideally take pill every 8 h, but with me i sleep and before a sleep i take pill so it has some spikes sometimes it gets to 500 mg in blood, other it falls to 130 mg."""

Ok, guys...I just took some and it's lowered the tinnitus already! I had a massive spike for a few days and now, it seems quite low! I've only had tinnitus for 3 months and mpt has his for 5 when starting trobalt. Ideally, it could work greater on people under 6 months maybe?

@Danny Boy , remind me what was the cause of your tinnitus?
Noise...stress ? both ?

Ear infection.

@Danny Boy , remind me what was the cause of your tinnitus?
Noise...stress ? both ?

I just took 1 100mg tablet and the CRT sound has lowered considerably! There's still a faint ringing, but that's easier to live with then the CRT sound. And it's so much easier to mask!

I just took 1 100mg tablet and the CRT sound has lowered considerably! There's still a faint ringing, but that's easier to live with then the CRT sound.

I use crt to lower it too, i did not know u use it too, i wake up with strong t, and 4 minutes of crt with a pill and it kills it. I am 90% of time then not aware of tinnitus minimum 4h or 8h, sometimes it is irritable, but when i ride bike and there is noise out it is ok, sometimes, like last night i had a spike of 4h, but again i watched movie, done something and i kept my mind of it it.

I used this more much http://generalfuzz.net/acrn/, but now i have with sound forge recorded sound but that are much less anoying and it is for upper frew https://soundcloud.com/christian-m-davidson/mix2 (it can be loud if you tun volume up, file can be sent by email if it not possible to download.

@DannyBoy

So Christian says that he uses crt too. ????
How is he using crt?
I understand that you mean the sound is like the old tvs so the crt tv's.
the high pitched whine
but how is christian or you using the crt and how do you get that sound to use it and doesnt that sound aggravate your t?
Confusing.....
glad to hear that the trobalt works in one day which is pretty impossible but if it works like that for you then that is woderful and good news

trobalt is dose dependent not time dependent, as soon he is in blood he he hits brain...

acrn has to be properly set up for frequencies, and not over laptop but over good headphones or loudspeakers...

trobalt is dose dependent not time dependent, as soon he is in blood he he hits brain...

acrn has to be properly set up for frequencies, and not over laptop but over good headphones or loudspeakers...

And please refrain form saying cured. Neurological problems, like tinnitus, epilepsy, essential tremors can be controlled by some medication, but until person gets so good, and stop medicine and minimum 3 months passes, than we can say CURED, until then there is possibility he might get cured, of good chance or , but to say cured is like being a reporter and say doom day has come and publish it ( like you say cured and publish it here) and everyone say wow, take it easy, the effect what he got was expected, as you remember i said with my fast start trobalt cut of my spikes if anyone care to remember. we go with @dannyboy as process goes and monitor and he say how he feels.

@DannyBoy

So Christian says that he uses crt too. ????
How is he using crt?
I understand that you mean the sound is like the old tvs so the crt tv's.
the high pitched whine
but how is christian or you using the crt and how do you get that sound to use it and doesnt that sound aggravate your t?
Confusing.....
glad to hear that the trobalt works in one day which is pretty impossible but if it works like that for you then that is woderful and good news

I think christian ment Acrn but got it mixed up.

Side effects tend to appear in the begining or in every dosage increase, maybe it goes away after few time with stable dose 300mg per day. Is that blurry vision seious? On all distances? Christian reported blurry only on very close objects

I've got blurry vision anyway...I'm short-sighted...So I don't know if it's me being paranoid or not....

Side effects tend to appear in the begining or in every dosage increase, maybe it goes away after few time with stable dose 300mg per day. Is that blurry vision seious? On all distances? Christian reported blurry only on very close objects

Blurred vision constantly, i had glasses i did not need them, NOW i cant see without them, i even went 30% down dosage, still same blued vision, also problem at in the night, specially dark places, not like in august before this when i could see buses from 300 m and say what number it is, bluer on distance on close, hard to watch a movie that is fast moving or changing details, download 30 episodes but i cant watch them. A friend told me she had on other med bluer vision but well it is ether this or tinnitus torture, chose the lesser evil.

But you know until you do it people say hey what a heck is he complaining bit problem with vision,m well @Danny Boy wait until you get hit by dizzies, orange urine, amnesia, all that brain blocking medicine does... and no it does not go away, because if it would so the effect on tinnitus would go away too. Point of medicine is to take your brain and put it on ice.

I guess is better to cut some pills in two for the begining than start with 300 per day. More opinions are welcomed
i dont know why, but in booklet is said DONT CROSS PILLS.

Blurred vision constantly, i had glasses i did not need them, NOW i cant see without them, i even went 30% down dosage, still same blued vision, also problem at in the night, specially dark places, not like in august before this when i could see buses from 300 m and say what number it is, bluer on distance on close, hard to watch a movie that is fast moving or changing details, download 30 episodes but i cant watch them. A friend told me she had on other med bluer vision but well it is ether this or tinnitus torture, chose the lesser evil.

But you know until you do it people say hey what a heck is he complaining bit problem with vision,m well @Danny Boy wait until you get hit by dizzies, orange urine, amnesia, all that brain blocking medicine does... and no it does not go away, because if it would so the effect on tinnitus would go away too. Point of medicine is to take your brain and put it on ice.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna give up on trobalt. I mean I don't want to go blind.

I only had one pill and it blurred my vision...If I carry on this could get far worse and I'm not risking my eyesight...

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now