Retigabine (Trobalt, Potiga) — General Discussion

yes. i suppose people aren't responding because its quite a personal question. perhaps you would be better served PMing individual trial members. in fact we should probably set something like that up.

if i recall correctly @Christian78 said that it effected him in that way. i can't speak for others but it was difficult to have erections myself. i am single though so it wasn't an issue for me. completely resolved after i stopped taking the drug.

this drug calms hyper-excited nerves - and your penis has a ton of nerves.

I know it's a little personal, but I used to wake up with a raging boner.

Now even during intercourse it doesn't stay hard for very long time.

My libido is not affected because I still want to have sex as much as I used to, it's just that my penis suddenly doesn't want it as much as me and my wife.
Ha ha! I only had raging morning boners in my teenage years, I wonder why they stopped?

Im never taking trobalt again or "extreme side effects from overdosing"

As some of you now I have extreme killer T (about 10 sounds which change all the time in very high volume)

During the last weeks I was occasionaly taking 600mg at once before sleep (the highest allowed dosage is 400mg)
to get at least 5 min relief and being sent straight to sleep. It worked pretty good so far. (even when 5 min is ridiculous, instant sleep was good).

Yesterday I had the worst sideeffects ever. It was a horrible night. I couldnt fall asleep for 6 hours;

- Automatic breathing stopped. It felt like suffocating. I had to breathe manually for about 5 min (imagine a doctor asking you to inhale)
- Kind of visual snow of red and green dots
- When eyes closed I was seeing rotating circles, floaters and some kind of intense colors
- Slideshow of thoughts and phantasies - every half second I was having images in my brain, I could'nt controll these or think of something else
- Today im having like 3-4 more floaters in my eyes. You know, these tiny black swimming things on your eyes. You notice them when you look at white backdrops (or sky).

I didn't have such extreme sideeffects when I was doing 40 days of 3x400mg last summer.

But this stuff is definitely doing something to the eyes and this seems pretty terrifying to me. After the 3x400mg I got many noticeable floaters. So who knows, maybe It will slowly do damage to your eyes even on lower dosages.

I think the only other guy who tried 600mg with extreme T is @Christian78

So be advised...dont do 600mg at once.

But maybe people who are doing 3x400mg will be interested in these effects
@attheedgeofscience
@RaZaH
@valeri

btw. @Stotoph

Yes...thats common with trobalt and antidepressants. It can lower your libido and your "function". Was the same for me. Came back when I stopped. But it seems to have changed the brain chemistry because the orgasms are barely as intense as they used to be. Its like 1/4 of the feeling. Drugs :/

I only had one "scary" episode so far when I took 200 mg at 5 in the morning after workin all night , was very tired and did not eat anything. As I was about to fall asleep I had this insane "time dilation" thing , music on my laptop sort of looped in my head, thoughts looped and I felt that things were repeating , like being stuck in a massive loop.

I am used to all kinds of weird stuff so it did not scare me personally , but i am confident some people might freak out.

Taking 400x3 mg. I had some phantasies/paranoias in the first days of the intake, only in the morning (drug after 10h of sleep so the effect is bigger).

I had slight allucinations with eyes closed too, and the phantasies were...well they were funny at least. Nothing scaring for me (maybe because I´ve tried too many psicotropics before this one haha).

But what I hate is dry-eyes sensations, with some neovascularization in the retine.. No eye floaters.

I had a very scary moment yesterday. I have decided to taper off of Trobalt.

I took my 400mg on a empty stomach and I went to bed. But I'm also running a high fever and cough and flu.

Normally after each dose I get this verrryy high feeling with an euphoric feeling and my lips get a bit numb, I get super dizzy and clumsy then I get sleepy. SometimesI can feel my heartbeat and I can see crazy stuff when I close my eyes. This happens always each dose.

Now beacause I'm sick I had this weird thing happend that before I fall asleep I could dream before completely fall asleep. So my wife would hear me talk to a friend while I was still trying to fall asleep this happened two times and it was fucking scary because It confused me each time thinking I was in a different reality.

Ok so I fell asleep, woke up for my night time dose. After taking it I waited for the high feeling to kick in for me to fall asleep.. now this extremely fucked up unexplained thing happened.

I was looking at my wife and then I looked at the tv and all of a sudden ALL I could see was my wife and the TV no matter where I looked! My heartbeat was racing like crazy My body was in the Trobalt highnes but I was disorientated I stood up and told my wife: "I'M GOING TO DIE!!" The images was all I saw it repeated no matter where I was. While they repeated my eyes would have this ZAPPING effect in my brain. I was thinking my heart wasn't getting enoug blood so I wanted to run in the house but I couldn't because I couldn't see anythinf except for the reapted images of my wife and the TV. Luckily my brother was staying for the weekend and he grabbed me because I was stumbling in the house panicking. I blacked out.

After I woke up two guys from the ambulance were taking my pulse and blood pressure. They said I had a panic attack or that I was hyperventilating and that my story sounded like I was hallucinating during my panic attack or some shit.

Well I don't think so. I think taking Trobalt on a high fever was a bad decision but I was just sticking to my schedule. Now I have this weird tinteling feeling in my legs when I take trobalt and I have this weird preassure behind my eyes and nose and forehead that only goes away when I takr Trobalt. So it was a nice run but I'm taperting off of this shit.

I had a very scary moment yesterday. I have decided to taper off of Trobalt.

I took my 400mg on a empty stomach and I went to bed. But I'm also running a high fever and cough and flu.

Normally after each dose I get this verrryy high feeling with an euphoric feeling and my lips get a bit numb, I get super dizzy and clumsy then I get sleepy. SometimesI can feel my heartbeat and I can see crazy stuff when I close my eyes. This happens always each dose.

Now beacause I'm sick I had this weird thing happend that before I fall asleep I could dream before completely fall asleep. So my wife would hear me talk to a friend while I was still trying to fall asleep this happened two times and it was fucking scary because It confused me each time thinking I was in a different reality.

Ok so I fell asleep, woke up for my night time dose. After taking it I waited for the high feeling to kick in for me to fall asleep.. now this extremely fucked up unexplained thing happened.

I was looking at my wife and then I looked at the tv and all of a sudden ALL I could see was my wife and the TV no matter where I looked! My heartbeat was racing like crazy My body was in the Trobalt highnes but I was disorientated I stood up and told my wife: "I'M GOING TO DIE!!" The images was all I saw it repeated no matter where I was. While they repeated my eyes would have this ZAPPING effect in my brain. I was thinking my heart wasn't getting enoug blood so I wanted to run in the house but I couldn't because I couldn't see anythinf except for the reapted images of my wife and the TV. Luckily my brother was staying for the weekend and he grabbed me because I was stumbling in the house panicking. I blacked out.

After I woke up two guys from the ambulance were taking my pulse and blood pressure. They said I had a panic attack or that I was hyperventilating and that my story sounded like I was hallucinating during my panic attack or some shit.

Well I don't think so. I think taking Trobalt on a high fever was a bad decision but I was just sticking to my schedule. Now I have this weird tinteling feeling in my legs when I take trobalt and I have this weird preassure behind my eyes and nose and forehead that only goes away when I takr Trobalt. So it was a nice run but I'm taperting off of this shit.

Have you been drinking alcohol at all with trobalt?

No I didn't take anything with Trobalt.

No supplements, no medicine, nothing nada. Just a glass of water and food.

Did Trobalt help me?

Short answer: Yes.

I have Tinnitus for 5 years. It used to be a less than a 1/10. I would literally only hear it when I plugged my ears. It was in my left ear only. In september 2015 I was watching TV and out of nowhere I had Tinnitus both ears Middle of the head. 8/10.

Taking Trobalt at first did nothing untill I reached 1200mg and decreased from 8 hours to 6 hours.

My taper up went like:

Day1: 50mgx3
Day2: 100x3
Day3: 150x3
Day4: 200x3
Day5: 250x3
Day6: 300x3

Then for a week I tried 300x3 but it did nothing. Then I increased to 400x3 and I had the high feeling and it started working slowly, I noticed the earlier I took my dose the better it would work so I shortned the time grom every 8 hours to evrey 6 hours.

It worked like a charm I would sometimes get complete silence for half a day. I wouldn't even worry about Tinnitus. I was worrying more about the side effects. Because of the shortned time between doses the side effects became more and more prominent.

My left ear the original 5 year tinnitus is still always present but the new sounds that started in September subsided so much that I can basically live with this. It was starting to become a smooth ride untill a few days ago when I got struck with a high fever cough and cold. Now hopefully the T will stay down like this when I taper off and the sideffects will go away. @Mithrandir @Danny Boy

Well, I stumbled into the kitchen , feeling like i was in the twilight zone , ate a bunch of cheese !? and drank a lot of water. Then went back to bed trying to shake the kaleidoscope when i closed my eyes.
Wasnt pleasant.

Im never taking trobalt again or "extreme side effects from overdosing"

As some of you now I have extreme killer T (about 10 sounds which change all the time in very high volume)

During the last weeks I was occasionaly taking 600mg at once before sleep (the highest allowed dosage is 400mg)
to get at least 5 min relief and being sent straight to sleep. It worked pretty good so far. (even when 5 min is ridiculous, instant sleep was good).

Yesterday I had the worst sideeffects ever. It was a horrible night. I couldnt fall asleep for 6 hours;

- Automatic breathing stopped. It felt like suffocating. I had to breathe manually for about 5 min (imagine a doctor asking you to inhale)
- Kind of visual snow of red and green dots
- When eyes closed I was seeing rotating circles, floaters and some kind of intense colors
- Slideshow of thoughts and phantasies - every half second I was having images in my brain, I could'nt controll these or think of something else
- Today im having like 3-4 more floaters in my eyes. You know, these tiny black swimming things on your eyes. You notice them when you look at white backdrops (or sky).

I didn't have such extreme sideeffects when I was doing 40 days of 3x400mg last summer.

But this stuff is definitely doing something to the eyes and this seems pretty terrifying to me. After the 3x400mg I got many noticeable floaters. So who knows, maybe It will slowly do damage to your eyes even on lower dosages.

I think the only other guy who tried 600mg with extreme T is @Christian78

So be advised...dont do 600mg at once.

But maybe people who are doing 3x400mg will be interested in these effects
@attheedgeofscience
@RaZaH
@valeri

btw. @Stotoph

Yes...thats common with trobalt and antidepressants. It can lower your libido and your "function". Was the same for me. Came back when I stopped. But it seems to have changed the brain chemistry because the orgasms are barely as intense as they used to be. Its like 1/4 of the feeling. Drugs :/

I did try 600mg per dosage, I know that danny boy claimed 1200mg in one dase per day but knowing that he has wrote and said thing that are not correct for a gain of personal fame I dont know ( or care) should that information be taken in account. There is few of us where he came and open up and tell he said so he would be success and make him interesting so he would be asked meny question and become "dr." danny :)

I personally spend last 10 days in bed, yesterday and day before i went up but nothing helps now my masking machine makes it even more irritated.

There is few of us where he came and open up and tell he said so he would be success and make him interesting so he would be asked meny question and become "dr." danny :)
The Internet is one scary place. Honestly.

No I didn't take anything with Trobalt.

No supplements, no medicine, nothing nada. Just a glass of water and food.

Did Trobalt help me?

Short answer: Yes.

I have Tinnitus for 5 years. It used to be a less than a 1/10. I would literally only hear it when I plugged my ears. It was in my left ear only. In september 2015 I was watching TV and out of nowhere I had Tinnitus both ears Middle of the head. 8/10.

Taking Trobalt at first did nothing untill I reached 1200mg and decreased from 8 hours to 6 hours.

My taper up went like:

Day1: 50mgx3
Day2: 100x3
Day3: 150x3
Day4: 200x3
Day5: 250x3
Day6: 300x3

Then for a week I tried 300x3 but it did nothing. Then I increased to 400x3 and I had the high feeling and it started working slowly, I noticed the earlier I took my dose the better it would work so I shortned the time grom every 8 hours to evrey 6 hours.

It worked like a charm I would sometimes get complete silence for half a day. I wouldn't even worry about Tinnitus. I was worrying more about the side effects. Because of the shortned time between doses the side effects became more and more prominent.

My left ear the original 5 year tinnitus is still always present but the new sounds that started in September subsided so much that I can basically live with this. It was starting to become a smooth ride untill a few days ago when I got struck with a high fever cough and cold. Now hopefully the T will stay down like this when I taper off and the sideffects will go away. @Mithrandir @Danny Boy

Ok...You really should've taken supplements to protect your vision and kidneys at the very least...Anyway, I'm glad you aren't taking it anymore, as it's dangerous and harmful. I hope you get better and move on from this. Last-line drug and should be used as such.

..Anyway, I'm glad you aren't taking it anymore, as it's dangerous and harmful. I hope you get better and move on from this. Last-line drug and should be used as such.

Are you serious? What is this crap now? What happened to your succes story?
Danny this is not a game so you should get your act together and stop confusing others!

Are you serious? What is this crap now? What happened to your succes story?
Danny this is not a game so you should get your act together and stop confusing others!

Yes, trobalt worked for me. That's true. But honestly, it seems to be hurting a lot of people and I've had loads of side-effects on it myself. It's not safe, sadly.

By the way, did any of you had any symptoms in the legs while on Trobalt?

I have some kind of tickling feelings in the legs while on Trobalt, as if you're fel asleep and you stood up and blood rushed into the legs. Some spasms in the legs as well.

I have decided to ween off this stuff .
I dont feel I am getting any benefit , I have not managed to reach the 1200mg dosage .
This stuff makes me feel horrible , stupid and weird.
I have had some good results every now and then but that might just be the nature of T (randomness).

I was really really hoping it would help me get rid of the brain T as I feel that is the worst .
But , does not seem to be doing that for me so....

In fact , I am almost giving up on this fight , so extremely tired of starting to hope only to have those hopes crushed by the devils symphony . I have tried everything to lift my spirits.

@Danny Boy

You can & explain why for each supplement plz :)

People can PM me and ask, as even if I do a list, it would get lost in this thousands of comments thread. I mean, I think I already done that list and already done that list for the kidneys, which was in this thread. I'll post it in the alternative treatments, as a thread, so it won't get lost.

Well, he's not using it anymore, so I don't need to make a list or supplements, or do I?

I'm still taking it.

I'm trying to taper off.

I saw your list somewhere in this thread.

What's the protocol with Trobalt if you got a high fever. You still take it?
Because while I was sick with a high fever and still took my daily dose. That's when everything went downhill.

I'm still taking it.

I'm trying to taper off.

I saw your list somewhere in this thread.

What's the protocol with Trobalt if you got a high fever. You still take it?
Because while I was sick with a high fever and still took my daily dose. That's when everything went downhill.

I never had a high fever whilst on trobalt. Have you been to the Doctors about this?

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now