2020 US Presidential Election

Hey guys, anyone want to put down a solid prediction on who will win in Georgia next weeks? It could be fun, I'll keep track of everyone's predictions if you want.

@FGG @Pulsing Ear @just1morething @Luman @TeeOh @Lilah @Zugzug

I personally predict the Democrats win both seats and take the Senate.
As a crackpot hyperacusis pundit, I am going to trust FiveThirtyEight having Ossoff (D) and Warnock (D). Although, Republicans do have this "outperform polls" element going on. I agree with fellow pundit, @FGG, that it's likely a double win or double loss.

I do think outperforming the polls is a lot less likely with Trump just pouting and killing all conservative motivation for the next 4 years.

If it's alright, I'd like to add my prediction.
I think it's going to result in 1 - 1, with Perdue and Warnock being the victors. Might be overexaggerating info I hear from my friend that Loeffler is not really popular, but I could see it going any one of the three ways.
Oh of course you can add a prediction, I just thought of people that might want to participate and tagged them to get the ball rolling.

Your prediction is noted buddy.

If they were so great at stealing Senate races they really should've stolen the ones in Maine, North Carolina and Iowa back in November. As well as the Georgia one.

That said, your prediction is noted.
Not to mention, NC doesn't even have signature matching and Trump won. Why wouldn't the Dems have picked the low hanging fruit with NC? NC even has a Dem Governor and uses the same voting machines. Why pick Georgia with Republican election supervision instead?

Why not win the Senate outright if it was "rigged?"

Forget the fact that there is no evidence, it doesn't even add up when you consider states like NC.

The facts are Trump is a sore loser who hates losing so bad he once called the Emmys "rigged" when the Apprentice lost. And he has a legion of followers who take his word as fact.

I think Democrats will win both seats as well but if it does end up being split then I reckon it would be Senator David Perdue and Raphael Warnock.
If they do end up splitting (I don't think they will but it's possible), this is how it will go. Loeffler is really unpopular.

Not to mention, NC doesn't even have signature matching and Trump won. Why wouldn't the Dems have picked the low hanging fruit with NC? NC even has a Dem Governor and uses the same voting machines. Why pick Georgia with Republican election supervision instead?

Why not win the Senate outright if it was "rigged?"

Forget the fact that there is no evidence, it doesn't even add up when you consider states like NC.

The facts are Trump is a sore loser who hates losing so bad he once called the Emmys "rigged" when the Apprentice lost. And he has a legion of followers who take his word as fact.
Most of the fraud happened in Democrat strongholds like Pittsburgh and Detroit. Pittsburgh has a long history of voter fraud. One of their officials is still in prison for what they did years ago.

I think the Republicans will win both seats in the January run-offs. They will want to make up for the corruption in the Presidential election. "We the People" will be on display. The ballots will be looked over like a hawk.

I guess I believe this unbiased person more than the talking heads in the media:

https://voterga.files.wordpress.com/2020/12/ga-state-senate-testimony.pdf

This person said he didn't vote or have a dog in the race:
The channel (NTD) that posted that video is owned by an insane cult that's been known as a mix of Scientology and the KKK (For example: you get kicked out of the cult if you race mix because apparently that's part of the aliens plan...).

All I know is they're extremely Pro-Trump and let's say they aren't exactly honest (same as most cults) when they pump out their cults propaganda. They have some strong connections with other right wing media as well.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teachings_of_Falun_Gong

"promotes far-right politicians in Europe, and backs President Donald Trump in the U.S.; a 2019 report by NBC News showed it to be the second-largest funder of pro-Trump Facebook advertising after the Trump campaign. The Epoch Media Group's news sites and YouTube channels have spread conspiracy theories such as QAnon and anti-vaccination propaganda. The organization frequently promotes other Falun Gong affiliated groups, such as the performing arts company, Shen Yun."

Source for the above paragraph:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Epoch_Times

If the elections in Georgia do result in a win for both Democrats, I will be curious to see what comes of the ensuing Democratic trifecta. I don't think the Republicans got nearly as much done as they could have during the 2017-2019 season.

You don't get these very often. It's a good idea not to squander your potential. Now is the time for them to really start making the changes and reforms they want to see.

Early voting bodes well for Democrats in Georgia. Now 3 million. Georgians have already voted. Several indicators point out that turnout in Democratic leaning districts has risen, especially from minority groups, compared to turnout in 2020.

Record-Breaking 3 Million Georgians Cast Their Ballots Ahead of Senate Runoffs
A record 3 million Georgia voters cast their ballots in the state's U.S. Senate runoffs at the end of early voting, with higher turnout coming from traditionally Democratic areas.

(...)

Georgia's largest newspaper, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reported Friday on state election data that showed Black voters composed a higher portion of voters than during the November 3 presidential election won by President-elect Joe Biden. Georgia secretary of state office data showed 3,001,017 voters have already cast their ballots in the runoffs, with 2,072,948 of those votes coming from in-person early voting and 928,069 being absentee by mail.

Link: https://www.newsweek.com/record-bre...st-their-ballots-ahead-senate-runoffs-1558452

If they do end up splitting (I don't think they will but it's possible), this is how it will go. Loeffler is really unpopular.
Oh man, I lost count how much she said ''Radical liberal Raphael Warnock'' during the recent debate. It's like she needs to keep reminding viewers that they have short term memory loss or that she really thinks his name is Radicalliberal Raphael-Warnock. Even a pundit on Fox News made fun of her poor rhetorical skills.

Most of the fraud happened in Democrat strongholds like Pittsburgh and Detroit. Pittsburgh has a long history of voter fraud. One of their officials is still in prison for what they did years ago.
Why wasn't there any evidence?
Rampant fraud:

Voter fraud is a huge problem in the Democratic Party

Even Biden slipped up and admitted it on camera! You can't make this stuff up folks! :rockingbanana:
Shock, the party that yells "fake news" is once again pumping out fake news.

The video is edited, you can see the original here.

If the elections in Georgia do result in a win for both Democrats, I will be curious to see what comes of the ensuing Democratic trifecta. I don't think the Republicans got nearly as much done as they could have during the 2017-2019 season.

You don't get these very often. It's a good idea not to squander your potential. Now is the time for them to really start making the changes and reforms they want to see.
I think at the very least, you'd get:

1. More COVID-19 relief, this time including state and local aid
2. Obamacare 2.0
3. Infrastructure package with somewhat of a climate focus

Warnock probably has it in the bag considering that he won last time (although not by much). Ossoff is the one who needs to make up ground. Despite earlier polls showing him lagging, I think three things are in Ossoff's favor:

1) Early voter turnout (which favor D)
2) Perdue quarantining in the home stretch
3) Trump poisoning the race by attacking the Governor and the electoral process

It seems like the combination of all three would be enough for Ossoff to close the gap enough to result in a real nail-biter.

Even if Ossoff doesn't win he's still a very young and energetic politician, really more engaging than Warnock. So I would expect to see more from him down the road.

But the Trump people said Georgia was rigged and the Georgia Senate races were on the same ballot. They literally could've fixed them with an extra stroke of the pen when fixing the Presidential race. Why didn't they?
Because the votes weren't fraudulent, of course ;)

But that's not what Trump die-hards want to hear, you know. Denying reality is now at the bedrock of the Republican platform.

Because the votes weren't fraudulent, of course ;)

But that's not what Trump die-hards want to hear, you know. Denying reality is now at the bedrock of the Republican platform.
EqqL-CfUUAAgB0m.jpeg

@Drachen I find it interesting you rated my post optimistic. My post was actually the bare bones pessimistic view. If the Dems do win the Senate, you are pretty much guaranteed to get those things. Optimism would've been if I tacked on more comprehensive climate reforms, as well as education (think free college and more spending on K-12) and childcare reforms.

I find it interesting you rated my post optimistic.
It was more of a tongue-in-cheek rating given my lack of confidence in our government at the moment. I am young so I don't have many administrations or regimes to use as comparison, but I have not been very pleased with how things have progressed over the last decade.

I would certainly love to be proven wrong here. Stagnation is a terrible plan of action as there is always more than can be done. We have not yet reached a utopia where there's nothing really to discuss and we are on the right path. There are several issues plaguing both the nation and the world right now that need attention. You mentioned several in this post that are great and should definitely be addressed.

I simply wish that they take advantage of the full control may* receive. I would not consider myself a Democrat, but I would rather they at least try something than play petty politics, as it seemed the Republicans did during their two years.

Why wasn't there any evidence?

Shock, the party that yells "fake news" is once again pumping out fake news.

The video is edited, you can see the original here.
I don't know, I watched that video you posted and the video in that portion was the same. He said that word for word. I continued to watch to see if it was taken out of context and I could not find anything. In fact, half of what the man says makes no sense at all.

But the Trump people said Georgia was rigged and the Georgia Senate races were on the same ballot. They literally could've fixed them with an extra stroke of the pen when fixing the Presidential race. Why didn't they?
In places like Michigan absentee ballots were seen coming in with just the circle for President darkened in. The rest of the ballot was blank. I believe this happened a lot. Whoever was filling them out figured they could produce more ballots faster that way I suppose, don't know. Ballots like that in Michigan were seen and they all looked similar, filled out the same.

I don't know, I watched that video you posted and the video in that portion was the same. He said that word for word. I continued to watch to see if it was taken out of context and I could not find anything. In fact, half of what the man says makes no sense at all.
They left out the key part where he was telling people they organized a hotline number if they voters see a problem (Trump had the same) and that's the context.

They didn't "deep fake" good voice but completely changes the context when it's edited/cut the way Trump did.

Just like when right wing media deceptively edited the University document to make it look like only white people had to get flu shots there.

If it's not deceptive editing than why not show the whole clip?

In places like Michigan absentee ballots were seen coming in with just the circle for President darkened in. The rest of the ballot was blank. I believe this happened a lot. Whoever was filling them out figured they could produce more ballots faster that way I suppose, don't know. Ballots like that in Michigan were seen and they all looked similar, filled out the same.
In court, the paper trail didn't support these allegations though.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now